The technicians at Aire Serv are trained to repair and service any kind of water heater, whether it be electric, tankless, gas, or high efficiency. It doesn’t matter the issue, our professionals will repair the problem in a timely, professional manner.
Some Common Water Heater Problems:
- No hot water: This is the sign that’s most recognizable as a need for water heater repair. There are a lot of reasons that your water heater might need repairs, but there are a couple quick checks you can do to assess the situation. Check to make sure the thermometer is set to the desired temperature and that your pilot light is on. If both are working and you’re still without hot water, it’s time to call a technician for a diagnosis.
- Not enough hot water: Usually this is just a problem with the thermostat. Check to make sure it’s turned up and then compare the temperature it reads to the actual temperature of the water.
- Water is too hot: Just like the first two examples, this is probably an issue because of a malfunctioning thermostat. If your thermostat is set to a normal temperature and the water heater is only producing scalding water, you will need to get it replaced.
- Smelly water: If a terrible smell is coming from the faucet on the water heater, it is usually a sign that the unit has a bacterial or fungal infection. It’s recommended that you drain your system at this point and fill it with about two pints of 3% hydrogen peroxide for two hours to kill the infection. Then drain the hydrogen peroxide and refill the tank with clean water. If the problem persists, call a technician about repairs.
- Popping or rumbling noises: Funny popping noises coming from a water heater are not uncommon. Usually it is a sign that debris or sediment has built up inside the tank and it’s causing the water to hit a boiling point. Scrubbing out the tank on a yearly basis should keep the issue at bay so you can avoid any major water heater repairs.
Just like other major appliances in your home, your water heater needs regular maintenance to keep it running smoothly. Aire Serv of Bull Run professionals are available 24/7 for any emergencies with your water heater, but you can avoid any major problems by doing everything you can to treat your water heater right. Fix potential problems now to steer clear of repairs in the future. If you are in need of a water heater repair, give us a call at (855) 259-2280.