Commercial Furnace Maintenance
Low Heating Bills Are the New Hot Thing.
If you own a commercial space, you know the importance of maintaining your heater. Proper commercial furnace maintenance ensures your system will operate safely and efficiently, protecting your business and helping you maintain your bottom line. Our team at Aire Serv® can partner with you in accomplishing this goal!
Top Commercial Furnace Maintenance Tips from Aire Serv!
Here are our top tips on furnace maintenance for your commercial unit:
- Be safe. Always turn off the fuel supply and electrical power before performing commercial furnace maintenance. You should also familiarize yourself with the locations of these switches in the unlikely event of an emergency.
- Keep filters clean. Dirty filters put excessive strain on your furnace, increase heating costs, and reduce the unit’s lifespan. Examine filters monthly to ensure they are clean. Pleated filters typically last three months, while permanent filters must be cleaned every month. If you have an electronic air cleaner, be sure to clean the filter every other month. Furnace filters should also have a cover over the slot to prevent potential safety issues.
- Ensure the proper function of the thermostat. Your thermostat controls your furnace and is essential to commercial furnace maintenance in order to maintain a comfortable business environment as well as control energy costs. To get the most bang for your heating buck, consider investing in a programmable thermostat.
- Watch out for obstructions. These include blockages to the vents, as well as blocked exhaust and combustion air pipes.
- Be aware of possible gas leaks. If you smell gas or notice worn or damaged connections, turn off the gas supply and contact a professional for commercial furnace maintenance before starting the furnace.
Annual Professional Commercial Furnace Maintenance
Scheduling annual professional commercial furnace maintenance ensures your furnace will operate safely and efficiently through heating season.
A Total Comfort Tune-Up from Aire Serv includes:
- The inspection of all furnace components
- A professional cleaning
- Adjustment of any necessary controls
- A complete safety check
With annual professional maintenance, common furnace issues can be detected before they threaten the safety of your business, such as:
- Carbon monoxide build up due to dirty furnaces, improperly vented ductwork, or cracks in the heat exchanger or combustion chamber that may be invisible to the naked eye
- Dangerously low oxygen levels from furnaces that don't have a sufficient supply of fresh air
- Fires resulting from soot build-up