Air Conditioner Repair
We’re Like EMTs for Your HVAC
The last thing you need on a blisteringly hot summer afternoon is for your air conditioner to stop working! If this happens to you, one thing is for sure: You need service as fast as possible to prevent your house from becoming a veritable oven. That’s when you should call Aire Serv®.
We help you enjoy clean air that reenergizes rather than drains you.
Call to breathe easy!
Why Should I Choose Aire Serv For AC Repair?
At Aire Serv, we’re on call 24 / 7 to offer air conditioner repair when you need it most. We charge by the job, not by the hour, and there’s never an overtime charge. We explain all your options before starting repairs so you can decide what’s best for you. Our air conditioner experts are licensed and insured, and we guarantee our work the first time around. Since we service and repair all equipment brands, you can put your full confidence in us to professionally complete your AC repair.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
Some of the most common AC problems that warrant emergency repair include:
- The air conditioner won’t turn on
- Weird noises or vibrating occur at startup or during operation
- Warm air exits the supply registers
- The unit hums, but the fan doesn’t turn on
- The fan runs, but the compressor isn’t working
- Water is pooling around the air conditioner
Why Has My AC Stopped Working?
You can easily identify the problems listed above, but what’s behind them? Here are some underlying causes of air conditioner problems and how an Aire Serv cooling technician can fix them:
- There’s no power to the air conditioner. This could be due to faulty wiring, a tripped breaker, or an overheated AC that has shut itself off. A technician can fix the wiring, reset the circuit breaker, and make sure no vegetation is blocking airflow to the outdoor unit.
- The fan belt is worn out. A squealing sound is cause for concern, since it could indicate the fan belt is wearing out. If it snaps before a technician replaces it, the repair could end up being far more expensive.
- There is a refrigerant leak. Hissing is a telltale sound that the refrigerant is leaking. This decreases efficiency and is bad for the environment. A trained Aire Serv technician will not only recharge the system, but will also replace tubing to prevent the leak from persisting.
- The evaporator coil is frozen. Continual operation at night, a low refrigerant level, poor circulation, and other causes can result in a frozen evaporator coil. This makes the air exiting supply registers feel warm. Turn off the air conditioner and contact a technician to make any necessary repairs that could prevent a frozen coil in the future.
- The fan motor is defective. This can prevent air circulation in your home. A technician may be able to repair the motor, or a replacement could be necessary.
- The compressor is defective. The fan runs, but the air feels warm because the compressor isn’t working. The compressor is one of the most expensive components of an air conditioner. Speak with your Aire Serv technician about whether a replacement is more cost effective than repair in this instance.
- The condensate drain is clogged. Algae, dirt, insect nests, and other debris can clog the condensate drain over time, potentially leading to water damage. A technician can flush the system and apply an algaecide to help prevent future clogs.