We’re Like EMTs for Your HVAC.
Is it time for a furnace replacement to get you through the winter? What efficiency rating and type will you choose? Have you thought about other heating systems that might work well for your home? The experts in furnace repair at Aire Serv® are here to help you with your furnace questions.
Are You Ready to Replace Your Furnace?
Your home’s heating system is an expensive investment. Perhaps this tempts you to put off a furnace replacement and choose to repair your outdated unit instead.
Consider these factors when deciding whether to repair or replace:
Different Types of Furnaces & Heating Systems
Furnaces are one of the most popular heating systems today:
- Gas furnaces have low operational costs and are therefore the most common.
- Electric furnaces are a good alternative where natural gas is not available.
- Oil furnaces are another choice if natural gas isn’t an option.
Other types of heating systems include:
- Heat pumps, which work like ACs during the summer and ACs in reverse during the winter.
- Boilers, which heat water for radiant heating systems.
What to Consider when Choosing a Furnace Replacement
There are a couple of things you need to think about when choosing a furnace replacement:
- Geographic location – If you rely more on heating than air conditioning because you live in a cold geographic location, it’s worthwhile to invest in a high-efficiency furnace replacement. Paying the extra upfront cost might not make economic sense for warm-climate residents, though.
- Existing system – It’s important to consider existing systems in your home, as well as your future plans. For example, if you’re interested in adding air conditioning, a heat pump might be a better choice than a furnace, depending on your climate. If your home doesn’t have ductwork, a boiler could prove to be the more economical.