At Aire Serv of River Oaks, we understand the importance of being comfortable in your home. One of the most important aspects of maintaining comfort in your home is achieving an ideal temperature indoors. Maintaining your home’s ideal temperature begins with a high-quality, professionally installed thermostat.
Whether you have an existing thermostat that needs to be replaced or you need professional thermostat installation services, the HVAC experts at Aire Serv can help. Providing thermostat replacement and installation services for homeowners throughout Houston, TX and the surrounding areas, we’re committed to ensuring you and your loved ones are comfortable in your home. Call us today to learn more!
Why Is Thermostat Replacement Important?
Replacing your existing thermostat with a new programmable or smart thermostat may seem like an unnecessary investment, but before writing it off, take into consideration the potential for valuable energy savings. According to energy.gov, turning down or dialing back your HVAC system seven to ten degrees for eight hours a day can save you up to 10 percent on your annual heating and cooling costs. Replacing your old-fashioned manual thermostat has several benefits, including:
- You can control how often your HVAC system runs
- You can maintain an even temperature when you’re home, and
- You can turn your heat or AC off while you’re asleep or away from the house
Choosing the Right Thermostat for Your Home
Choosing the right thermostat plays an important role in ensuring your HVAC system operates as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Homeowners in Houston have many options to choose from when selecting a new thermostat. From traditional thermostats to smart thermostats, we have something for everyone. The first step is identifying what type of HVAC system you have. Based on mode of operation, two types of thermostats exist:
- Line Voltage Thermostats: Line voltage thermostats are used to regulate systems that use electricity to heat the home. Baseboard heating is one example of this.
- Low Voltage Thermostats: Low voltage thermostats are used to regulate systems that rely on central furnaces, boilers, or heat pumps.
Manual, Programmable, & Smart Thermostats
Once you’ve identified what type of HVAC system you have, you can select a thermostat that will work best for your family. Modern thermostats come in three major types, including:
- Manual Thermostats – Manual thermostats are the most basic type of thermostats available. They’re not programmable or Wi-Fi enabled and are the least expensive. Manual thermostats are a great choice for homeowners who wish to manually adjust the temperature of their home but don't want the additional features programmable and smart thermostats have to offer.
- Programmable Thermostats – Programmable thermostats allow homeowners to pre-schedule temperature adjustments throughout the day. Installing a programmable thermostat is a great way to save money on heating and cooling costs because you can dial it back during the day when you’re not home or at night when occupants are sleeping. The number of pre-scheduled adjustments that can be programmed throughout the day or week depends on the make and model of the thermostat you choose.
- Smart Thermostats – As the most innovative type of thermostat on the market, smart thermostats are completely adaptive to your preferences and the needs of your home. Many smart thermostat models are Wi-Fi enabled and can be adjusted through a compatible app, and some are voice-controlled.
Additional features available on modern thermostats we offer at Aire Serv of River Oaks include:
- Indicator lights
- Vacation mode
- LED and touch screen controls
- Night mode
- And more!
DIY Home Thermostat Replacement
While many modern thermostats require professional installation, simple thermostats can typically be installed if you wish to do it yourself. If you wish to replace your existing manual thermostat, you can follow these steps:
- Shut off the power to your home’s existing thermostat from the circuit breaker or power panel.
- Carefully disconnect the old thermostat from the wall (remove the cover panel and unscrew any brackets).
- Gently pull the existing thermostat away from the wall, so the wire connections to the thermostat are visible on the back side of the unit.
- Remove the electric power supply and label the wires (this is especially important if the wires are not color coded). Be careful to keep the wires from falling back into the wall.
- Thread the wires through the new thermostat’s mounting plate.
- Mount the mounting plate using the included hardware.
- Attach the wires to the back of the thermostat according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Click or slide the unit into place on its mount.
- Program the thermostat according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Our Smart Thermostat Installation Process
If you choose a smart thermostat to be installed in your home, there are a few extra in the installation process. Your thermostat will need to be compatible with your home’s HVAC system, and during installation, it must be connected to Wi-Fi and set up with your smartphone.
The HVAC experts at Aire Serv of River Oaks are highly experienced in installing smart thermostats for homeowners. We will properly install your new smart thermostat, and our friendly team will make sure you know how to use it before leaving.
Contact Aire Serv of River Oaks Today
Do you need help choosing the right thermostat for your home? The HVAC experts at Aire Serv of River Oaks understand the importance of selecting a thermostat that meets your family’s needs.
With years of experience serving home and business owners throughout the River Oaks neighborhood in Houston, TX, and the surrounding areas, including Bellaire, Rice Village, Lazy Brook/Timber Grove, Houston Heights, and Memorial Village, we’re here to help when you need thermostat replacement and installation services. Contact us today to learn more or schedule an appointment!
Advantage Plan Membership
Our Advantage Plan Members enjoy a lifetime Thermostat Replacement Service! If we sell and install your new thermostat, it will be the last time you pay for that thermostat. With an active Advantage Plan Membership, if that Thermostat fails, call us and we will replace it! FREE of Charge!!!!