Baton Rouge AC Repair
Efficient and Convenient Air Conditioning Repair
Request an appointment or call us at (225) 307-3373 today!
Air conditioning is a necessity in Baton Rouge when the temperature hits the mid-90s in July. However, like every appliance, an AC unit is bound to break on occasion. The filter may stop working, the pipes may leak, or the coils may corrode—no matter what, the best way to ensure an AC issue is fixed for good is by hiring an air conditioning repair expert. Aire Serv of South Baton Rouge employs many technicians trained to diagnose and repair AC problems quickly. Give us a call at (225) 307-3373 if you suspect your air conditioner has an issue, and we’ll come out as soon as possible to inspect and make repairs, if needed!
Repair and Maintenance for Air Conditioners
An air conditioner may stop working properly for any number of reasons. Our Baton Rouge AC repair technicians can diagnose the problem and help you get your system up and running in no time.
- If the air conditioning unit doesn’t work at all, this could be due to faulty electrical wires or a dead thermostat, among other problems. If your unit looks normal otherwise, it’s time to call (225) 307-3373 to speak to one of our technicians.
- If the coils are frozen, you’ll want to check the filters, air ducts, and refrigerant; however, because there may be many factors freezing the coils, it is best to have a professional take a look.
- If you notice leaks, your AC unit won’t work as efficiently as it should. You might also see an increase in your electric bill if left untreated. One leak often indicates that there’s another leak elsewhere, so fixing it by yourself might prove to be problematic.
The above examples are AC problems that can be fixed most of the time. However, many problems require more extensive repairs and, in some cases, a new unit. Examples of these scenarios include:
- The fan broke and needs to be replaced—you will know the fan is the problem if the AC doesn’t cool or pushes hot air into your home.
- If the AC unit is more than 10 years old, you likely need to replace multiple parts, such as the fan and the coils. Air conditioning units wear down over time, so if your unit continues to have problems despite repairs, you may need new parts or a new unit.
- Either strange sounds such as rattling or foul smells can be signs of a dying AC. Our technicians can find out why your AC is reacting this way and make necessary repairs.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, click here to schedule a service. We’ll diagnose the problem and get your AC running as soon as possible.
AC Units and Humidity
One of the major benefits to a working AC unit is that it dehumidifies the home—which is a major benefit considering the average humidity in Baton Rouge year-round is 74%. Lower humidity in your home prevents moist or musty rooms. To dehumidify, your unit pulls warm air, condenses it, and then pushes the cooler air into your home. One broken component in your AC can disrupt this cycle, resulting in the unit not cooling or dehumidifying properly. Stay on top of repairs by calling (225) 307-3373!
Why Is My AC Running But Not Cooling?
One common sign that you need Baton Rouge AC repair is your unit not producing enough cold air. If your unit is running but not cooling the air, this could indicate several possible problems:
- Clogged air filter
- Fan or fan motor problem
- Temperature control problem
- Electronic control board issue
- Broken or malfunctioning capacitor
- Thermistor issues
If you’ve replaced your air filter recently, it may be time to call in a Baton Rouge AC repair expert. Call Aire Serv of South Baton Rouge 24/7 for your emergency Baton Rouge AC repair today!
Why Aire Serv of South Baton Rouge
We’re available 24/7, so you can contact us for scheduled air conditioner repairs or for emergency repairs, even on holidays. Our upfront pricing structure means there are no additional fees for emergencies or late-night services—we want you to be comfortable calling us at any time!
Need your AC unit repaired? Call (225) 307-3373 to schedule a service, or click here to contact us online!