Types of Air Conditioning Repair and Maintenance
An air conditioner may stop working properly for any number of reasons. Our Baton Rouge AC repair technicians can diagnose the problem and help you get your system up and running in no time.
Why Is My AC Running But Not Cooling?
One common sign that you need Baton Rouge AC repair is your unit not producing enough cold air. If your unit is running but not cooling the air, this could indicate several possible problems:
- Clogged air filter
- Fan or fan motor problem
- Temperature control problem
- Electronic control board issue
- Broken or malfunctioning capacitor
- Thermistor issues
If you’ve replaced your air filter recently, it may be time to call in a Baton Rouge AC repair expert. Call Aire Serv of Baton Rouge 24/7 for your emergency Baton Rouge air conditioning repair today!
The Air Conditioner Won't Start
If the air conditioning unit doesn’t work at all, this could be due to faulty electrical wires or a dead thermostat, among other problems. If your unit looks normal otherwise, it’s time to call to speak to one of our technicians.
The AC Coils are Frozen
If the coils are frozen, you’ll want to check the filters, air ducts, and refrigerant; however, because there may be many factors freezing the coils, it is best to have a professional take a look.
The AC Unit Is Leaking Water
If you notice leaks, your AC unit won’t work as efficiently as it should. You might also see an increase in your electric bill if left untreated. One leak often indicates that there’s another leak elsewhere, so fixing it by yourself might prove to be problematic.
The above examples are air conditioner problems that can be fixed most of the time. However, many problems require more extensive repairs and, in some cases, a new unit.
Extensive Air Conditioner Repairs
Examples of these scenarios include:
- The fan broke and needs to be replaced—you will know the fan is the problem if the AC doesn’t cool or pushes hot air into your home.
- If the AC unit is more than 10 years old, you likely need to replace multiple parts, such as the fan and the coils. Air conditioning units wear down over time, so if your unit continues to have problems despite repairs, you may need new parts or a new unit.
- Either strange sounds such as rattling or foul smells can be signs of a dying AC. Our technicians can find out why your AC is reacting this way and make necessary repairs.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, click here to schedule a service. We’ll diagnose the problem and get your air conditioner running as soon as possible.
Stay on top of AC repairs in Baton Rouge by calling !
AC Units and Humidity
One of the major benefits to a working AC unit is that it dehumidifies the home—which is a major benefit considering the average humidity in Baton Rouge year-round is 74%. Lower humidity in your home prevents moist or musty rooms. To dehumidify, your unit pulls warm air, condenses it, and then pushes the cooler air into your home. One broken component in your AC can disrupt this cycle, resulting in the unit not cooling or dehumidifying properly.
Other Helpful Information
At Aire Serv of Baton Rouge, we pride ourselves on delivering honest information and lasting services. As a local HVAC company, we do what we can to ensure our community of homeowners feels empowered when it comes to their air conditioning.
Here are some more helpful articles regarding air conditioner maintenance and know-how:
- What Type of AC System Do I Have?
- What Is Considered a High Efficiency Air Conditioner?
- Should I Build an Air Conditioner Fence?
- How to Clean Air Conditioner Fins
- How Do I Find the Tonnage of My AC Unit?
Why Contact Aire Serv of Baton Rouge?
We’re available 24/7, so you can contact us for scheduled air conditioner repairs or for emergency air conditioning repairs near Baton Rouge, even on holidays. Our upfront pricing structure means there are no additional fees for emergencies or late-night services—we want you to be comfortable calling us at any time! Be sure to check out our client testimonials to learn more about the experience we strive to provide with every service!
Need your AC unit repaired? Call or request an appointment online to schedule a service.