Believe it or not, one of the biggest fire hazards in your home is your clothes dryer. Each year, there are an average of16,000 fires that start in the laundry room. The culprit: Lint buildup in the dryer vent line. Don't worry, though. With a little preventive maintenance, you can easily avoid a disaster at your home.
7 warning signs your dryer vent needs a cleaning immediately:
- Laundry doesn’t come out dry, even after two or three cycles
- Moldy smell coming from your dryer (caused by moisture not exiting the dryer due to a lint clog in the line)
- Condensation on the walls and ceiling of your laundry room
- A burning smell coming from your dryer (most likely lint inside the vent line or dryer housing getting scorched)
- Exterior of your dryer is hot to the touch
- Lint screen doesn’t seem to be full after a load of laundry
- Lint accumulation around the door of your dryer
If you notice any of these symptoms, hold off on using your dryer until you can get our heating and cooling technicians in to clean your vent line. Curious how much it cost to have someone clean your dryer vent? For a limited time, Aire Serv of Coastal Carolina is offering dryer vent cleaning for $199.
Schedule your dryer vent cleaning today and keep your home safe of fire hazards. Offering dryer vent cleaning in the Jacksonville, Holly Ridge, Surf City, Hampstead and Camp Lejeune areas.