Is It Time to Replace Your Furnace?
A high-functioning furnace is vital to keeping your friends and family warm this winter. If yours is on the fritz, it’s time to call your local Aire Serv®. No matter what the furnace type, brand or efficiency rating, our Aire Serv HVAC technicians can remove your old unit, help you select the new one and then professionally install it. Don’t wait, contact Aire Serv for professional furnace replacement today!
Schedule an appointment online or find an
Aire Serv location near you.
Need emergency service? Don’t wait! Call (855) 259-2280 for 24/7 for emergency service.
How Do You Know When to Replace Your Furnace?
Your home’s heating system is an expensive investment. When you’re considering whether to repair or replace your furnace, there are four main factors to keep in mind:
Consider these factors when making the decision to repair or replace:
- Age – A 10 to 15-year-old furnace is probably on its last leg and not worth repairing, especially if you have already poured money into several repairs over the past season or two.
- Repair type and frequency – How frequently do you repair the unit? Are any upcoming repairs expected to be particularly costly?
- Investment cost – It costs more to replace than to repair, but consider the long-term investment cost of keeping your old furnace running. The knowledgeable heater contractors at Aire Serv can help you calculate your return on investment.
- Your energy bill – If you’ve noticed an uptick in your energy bill, it may be in part due to an aging furnace.
- Utility rates By taking utility bills from past seasons and calculating future bills based on rising utility rates, you can determine how much it will cost to run your existing furnace this year. Compare that with the energy consumed by a new furnace at the same utility rates and see what savings you can expect from a furnace replacement.
- Comfort – If your energy bills are rising and the temperature of your home isn’t comfortable, it can be frustrating. Uneven temperatures, trouble keeping up with demand, and freezing air escaping supply registers are all signs that it’s time to replace your home’s furnace.
Furnace & Heating System Types
Furnaces have long been the single-most popular heating system.
There are three main options for homeowners to choose from:
- Gas furnaces have low operating costs and are the most common.
- Electric furnaces are a suitable alternative where natural gas is not available.
- Oil furnaces are another alternative if natural gas isn’t an option for your home.
To learn more about your furnace options as a homeowner, click on this Aire Serv blog post: “Things to Consider If You Are Buying a New Furnace.”
If a furnace isn’t right for your home, other types of heating systems include:
- Boilers, which heat water for radiant heating systems.
- Heat pumps, which work like ACs during the summer and ACs in reverse during the winter.
Not sure what type of heating system you have? Click here for tips for identifying your home’s heating system.
What to Consider When Choosing a Furnace Replacement
There are a couple of things you need to think about when choosing a furnace replacement:
- Your geographic location – If you rely more on heating than on air conditioning because you live in a cold geographic location, it’s especially worthwhile to invest in a high-efficiency furnace replacement.
- Your existing system – It’s important to consider existing systems in your home as well as your future plans. For example, if you’re interested in adding air conditioning, a heat pump might be a better choice than a furnace, depending on your climate. And if your home doesn’t have ductwork, a boiler could prove to be the most economical option.
Benefits of an Energy Efficient Furnace Replacement
Are you considering replacing your existing furnace with an energy efficient model? If not, you should be. Energy efficient furnaces:
- Provide energy savings – By upgrading from an older mediocre-efficiency furnace to a new high-efficiency model, you can expect immediate and profound savings on your monthly utility bills all season long.
- Improve total home comfort – The features that make a furnace highly efficient also allow it to perform better and keep you and your family more comfortable. Expect even temperatures from room to room and fewer drafts that diminish your comfort level.
- Contribute to the protection of the environment – While keeping your home comfortable, an energy-efficient furnace replacement uses less natural gas and releases fewer emissions that negatively impact the environment.
Find Furnace Replacement Near Me
Operating over 200 locations in the United States and Canada, certified Aire Serv technicians are ready to replace (or repair) your furnace. Click here to find the Aire Serv location nearest you.
For more information about replacing your furnace, contact your local Aire Serv and schedule a free, in-home estimate.
Call (855) 259-2280 or schedule an appointment online to replace your furnace today!