Is It Time to Replace Your Furnace?
A high-functioning furnace is vital to keeping your friends and family warm this winter. If yours is on the fritz, it’s time to call your local Aire Serv®. No matter what the furnace type, brand or efficiency rating, our Aire Serv technicians can remove your old unit, help you select the new one and then professionally install it. Don’t wait, contact Aire Serv for professional furnace replacement today!
Need emergency service? Don’t wait! Call (855) 679-0011 for 24/7 for emergency service.
How Do You Know When to Replace Your Furnace?
Your home’s heating system is an expensive investment. When you’re considering whether to repair or replace your furnace, there are four main factors to keep in mind:
- Age – If your furnace is more than 10 years old, it’s likely not operating at optimal efficiency.
- Repair type and frequency – How frequently do you repair the unit? Are any upcoming repairs expected to be particularly costly?
- Your energy bill – If you’ve noticed an uptick in your energy bill, it may be in part due to an aging furnace.
- Comfort – If your energy bills are rising and the temperature of your home isn’t comfortable, it can be frustrating. Uneven temperatures, trouble keeping up with demand, and freezing air escaping supply registers are all signs that it’s time to replace your home’s furnace.
Furnace & Heating System Types
Furnaces have long been the single-most popular heating system. There are three main options for homeowners to choose from:
- Gas furnaces have low operating costs and are the most common.
- Electric furnaces are a suitable alternative where natural gas is not available.
- Oil furnaces are another alternative if natural gas isn’t an option for your home.
To learn more about your furnace options as a homeowner, click on this Aire Serv blog post: “Things to Consider If You Are Buying a New Furnace.”
If a furnace isn’t right for your home, other types of heating systems include:
- Heat pumps, which work like ACs during the summer and ACs in reverse during the winter.
- Boilers, which heat water for radiant heating systems.
Not sure what type of heating system you have? Click here for tips for identifying your home’s heating system.
What to Consider When Choosing a Furnace Replacement
There are a couple of things you need to think about when choosing a furnace replacement:
- Your geographic location – If you rely more on heating than on air conditioning because you live in a cold geographic location, it’s especially worthwhile to invest in a high-efficiency furnace replacement.
- Your existing system – It’s important to consider existing systems in your home as well as your future plans. For example, if you’re interested in adding air conditioning, a heat pump might be a better choice than a furnace, depending on your climate. And if your home doesn’t have ductwork, a boiler could prove to be the most economical option.
Benefits of an Energy Efficient Furnace Replacement
Are you considering replacing your existing furnace with an energy efficient model? If not, you should be. Energy efficient furnaces:
- Provide energy savings – By upgrading from an older mediocre-efficiency furnace to a new high-efficiency model, you can expect immediate and profound savings on your monthly utility bills all season long.
- Improve total home comfort – The features that make a furnace highly efficient also allow it to perform better and keep you and your family more comfortable. Expect even temperatures from room to room and fewer drafts that diminish your comfort level.
- Contribute to the protection of the environment – While keeping your home comfortable, an energy-efficient furnace replacement uses less natural gas and releases fewer emissions that negatively impact the environment.
Find Furnace Replacement Near Me
Operating over 200 locations in the United States and Canada, certified Aire Serv technicians are ready to replace (or repair) your furnace. Click here to find the Aire Serv location nearest you. For more information about replacing your furnace, contact your local Aire Serv and schedule a free, in-home estimate. Call (855) 679-0011 or schedule an appointment online to replace your furnace today!
Breathe Easy with Aire Serv
- Upfront Pricing
You want to know what you’re getting yourself into when you schedule service. We price by the job, not by the hour.
- Anytime Service
We are there when it is convenient for you. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- No Overtime Charge
We have the same low pricing, any time of the day or night and on weekends or holidays.
- "Fixed Right" Promise
We get that you want the issue to be fixed- and fixed right. We promise it'll be fixed right the first time, or it's free.