How do I know if my dryer vent is clogged? How often should a dryer vent be cleaned? How much does it cost to clean a dryer vent? These are common questions many homeowners have when thinking about their dryer.
What many people don’t realize is that the biggest fire hazard in your home starts in your laundry room. Each year, there are an average of 16,000 house fires that start because of lint buildup in the dryer vent line. Dryer lint is extremely flammable and it’s not enough to just clean your dryer’s lint trap after each load of laundry. Knowing when your dryer vent is clogged or needs to be cleaned by Aire Serv’s dryer vent cleaning pros can be tricky.
Here are 6 warning signs your dryer vent is clogged:
- Clothes take too long to dry, even after multiple cycles
- Burning smell coming from the dryer when in use
- Clothes smell musty or feel unusually hot to the touch
- Large amounts of lint accumulate in the dryer’s lint trap after each cycle
- It’s more than a year since your last dryer vent cleaning
- You feel excessive heat in the laundry room
If your dryer has any of these warning signs, hold off on running your dryer until you can get our all American heating and air professionals out to clean your vent line. Cleaning your dryer vent is recommended at least once a year. For a limited time, Aire Serv of Wake County is offering dryer vent cleaning special for $199.
Schedule your dryer vent cleaning today and cut your electric pill and prevent potential fires.
Offering central heating and cooling repair and emergency AC repair in Apex, Raleigh, Morrisville, Cary, Coats, and surrounding the Peak City areas.