Indoor Air Quality
With Help from Aire Serv®, You Can Breathe Easier & Live Better!
You look to your home to be a comfortable, safe haven. However, if your retreat leaves you feeling unwell, you may be suffering from poor indoor air quality. Our professionals at Aire Serv can help you.
Trees Clean Air. So Do We.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor air quality refers to the air quality within and around buildings and structures as it relates to the health and comfort of its occupants. Indoor air quality is affected by temperature, humidity, ventilation, and chemical or biological contaminants found within the air inside a building.
Why Is Indoor Air Quality Important?
Pollutants building up in your home can result not only in unpleasant odors, but also serious health issues such as:
- Sore eyes
- Burning nose
- Worsening of allergies
- Respiratory issues
- Flu-like symptoms
- Heart disease
- Other serious, long-term conditions
- Death, when carbon monoxide and other pollutants are present in high concentrations
What Can Cause Poor Indoor Air Quality?
Several issues can lead to poor air quality in your home:
- Indoor pets
- Dust mites
- Inadequate whole-house ventilation
- Improperly vented combustion appliances and fireplaces, which generate carbon monoxide
- Mold and mildew resulting from moisture damage and high humidity
- VOCs from chemical cleaning products and pesticides
- Building materials containing asbestos, formaldehyde, and lead
- High temperature and humidity can also increase the levels of some pollutants