Allen, TX property owners know their climate well enough to understand the importance of maintaining a healthy HVAC system. One is wrong to assume that Texas is always hot despite being ranked as one of the top five hottest states. While air conditioning needs are more common, having a decent heater in the winter is just as essential. For this reason, Aire Serv of McKinney is here to help you optimize your HVAC. Allen, TX property owners can rely on our knowledgeable, skilled team for everything from AC maintenance service to furnace repairs and replacement. As a local team with years of experience providing both residential and commercial HVAC services, we are proud to be your trusted Allen HVAC company.
Allen Air Conditioning
How would one of America’s hottest states survive without air conditioning systems? We wouldn’t know. It has always been an essential part of many homes, serving as a necessity rather than a luxury, especially if you consider the high number of critical heatwaves. When it’s too unbearably hot and muggy out, you want to be able to rely on well-operating AC to keep you comfortable at home.
Common AC issues include moisture problems or faulty parts that require repair or replacement. The best way to avoid these problems is to schedule routine maintenance with your Allen HVAC service professional, who can also provide you with a seasonal checklist that will help you better prepare your unit for hot summers. As a complicated system that consists of many small components, we find it’s important to learn about them to better understand your AC’s functions.
- Filter: It’s not easy to think of an HVAC unit or system that doesn’t rely on the power of a filter. Filters enable efficient airflow by trapping airborne particles. A clogged, dirty filter will reduce airflow and could lead to system failure, starting with damage to your motor fan.
- Evaporator Coil: These are panels that make an A shape near the top of an air handler, by the fan. They are designed to facilitate heat absorption by the refrigerant in the system.
- Condenser: This is the outdoor part of an air conditioning system that vents hot air outside.
- Compressor: As part of the outdoor unit, the compressor is a pump designed to move the refrigerant between the evaporator and condenser coils to cool the indoor air.
- Expansion Valve: This is a part of the system that provides pressure relief for the refrigerant before it enters the evaporator coil. It also helps keep things running smoothly by controlling the refrigerant levels inside the evaporator coil.
- Condensate Drain: This part of an AC system catches condensation created during the cooling process and directs it toward an attached drain line.
Services to Expect From Your Allen HVAC Service Professional:
Are you preparing your HVAC system for the summer and don’t know where to start? Your Allen HVAC service professionals are available for regular AC maintenance, air conditioner installation or emergency repair.
Some common maintenance and repair jobs include:
- Replacing filters
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Detecting refrigerant leaks
- Safe refrigerant evacuation
- Checking ducts for leaks
- Inspecting your electronic control sequence
- Inspecting electric terminals
- Measuring airflow through coils
- Evaporator and condenser coil cleaning
- Drain line inspections
- Checking your AC compressor’s oil level
- Checking your thermostat’s accuracy
- Air register inspections
Signs You Need AC Repair:
In the event of any warning signs or inconsistencies regarding their HVAC, Allen, TX homeowners are recommended to take immediate action.
- Warm air or restricted airflow
- High humidity
- Rattling sounds in system
- Bad odors
- System leaks
- Constant cycling (turning on and off)
HVAC Maintenance Tips for Your AC Unit
If you don’t remember the last time a licensed Allen HVAC service professional inspected your AC, now is the time to arrange a maintenance appointment to restore your peace of mind. It’s a good habit to frequently change the air filter, and clean the evaporator coils and blower fan yourself, but your Allen HVAC service professional will provide extra thorough inspection and maintenance services.
Towards the end of every summer, we recommend that you winterize your outdoor condenser unit by cleaning the surface and covering it up with plastic to protect it from leaves and other debris.
At Aire Serv of McKinney, we are happy to help with annual maintenance for your HVAC. Allen, TX homeowners want a flawless unit that works optimally the moment they turn it on. You can comfortably request an appointment online with our team before the summer temperatures kick in.
Heating Services in Allen, TX
We have alluded to this before, but even homes in the hottest state need a reliable heating system to prepare for unexpected cold spells like a polar vortex. Even if your furnace or heat pump doesn’t get used as much throughout the year, it still needs to work as well as the rest of your HVAC. Allen, TX homeowners can count on our expertise when working on all types of heating systems.
At the end of the summer, it’s wise to prepare your heating unit early because the muggy heat can quickly turn into a wet, cold environment during which you want to turn on your furnace. But to ensure a safe indoor environment, your Allen HVAC service professionals recommend one essential task.
There’s a wide range of heating systems, but furnaces are some of the most common. Alongside heat pumps, furnaces are one of the types of heating systems that residents in Allen rely on the most, which is why it’s so important to know who—and when—to call for furnace service. It’s also helpful to know what to expect during an appointment for something like furnace maintenance, so you can prepare for the appointment and understand what’s going on as your HVAC service professional completes your maintenance.
What Is A Furnace Tune-Up?
A furnace tune-up is essentially a preventative maintenance service during which we optimize your furnace with minor adjustments and repairs to ensure it operates flawlessly throughout the cold winter in Allen. HVAC services like these included preventative measures like replacing small parts, such as the thermostat or burner assemblies, as well as several other important tasks. Routine furnace tune-ups protect your Allen HVAC from sudden problems and gradually decreasing energy efficiency. During our annual tune-up appointments, we focus on:
- Lubricating motors and fans
- Inspecting fan belts
- Inspecting your heat exchanger
- Testing your exhaust system
- Testing carbon monoxide levels
- Checking for gas leaks
- Checking burner for corrosion
- Combustion analysis
- Adjusting your gas pressure level
- Cleaning your condensate drain line
- Changing furnace filter
- Calibrating or replacing thermostat
- Tightening electrical connections
Other important components that your Allen HVAC service professionals pay attention to are these five aspects:
- Age: If your furnace is more than 15 years old, it may need frequent repairs or replacement.
- Safety: Are there any issues affecting your heater that are also a serious safety hazard?
- Repairs: Are the repairs required to keep a system running more cost-effective than replacement?
- Energy Efficiency: Are there problems with your unit increasing the amount of power it uses? Do you need an energy audit or assessment?
- Comfort: Is your system keeping your property at an adequate temperature? Are those temperatures consistent throughout the entire building?
Signs You Need Furnace Repair:
- Poor Indoor Air Quality: When was the last time you changed the air filter? If it wasn’t too long ago, we recommend taking a look at your blower fan motor to see if it’s covered in debris.
- Faulty Thermostat: If temperatures have been fluctuating or causing your unit to cycle, you likely need to replace your thermostat. If you recently experienced a power outage, your thermostat might have reset itself. Ensure it’s set to heat and that the settings are at AUTO; the ON setting will cause the blower to run continuously.
- Pilot Light Going Out: If your pilot light is off, it’s often caused by a safety mechanism to ensure your furnace isn’t releasing dangerous gasses while not in operation. It’s possible that carbon buildup and corrosion are causing issues with the flame sensor, resulting in the light going out.
Air Duct Cleaning
If you have a central HVAC system, you likely have air ducts that connect to your furnace, and maybe even your AC. Air travels through your vents to your HVAC system with the help of the air duct network. When air has been heated or cooled, your air ducts are responsible for filtering and circulating heated air through your Allen home. Those vents and the ducts’ interiors collect a lot of dust, pollen and other debris over time If someone in your household suffers from allergies and asthma, you can count on your Allen HVAC service professional to clear the duct network to minimize the risk of dust and debris buildup, as well as promote your HVAC’s overall longevity.
Commercial Allen HVAC Service Professionals
As a business owner in Allen, you are responsible for the safety of your employees and visitors, which means that a stable, comfortable temperature and clean indoor air quality are crucial elements of a comfortable business environment. Aire Serv of McKinney is ready to help with all your commercial Allen HVAC needs too, including everything from routine maintenance to replacement and installation.
Commercial HVAC Installation Services in Allen, TX
It’s important to assess your commercial space’s needs and correctly size the system that will do the job for you and your business. Our expert team will help you choose an energy-efficient product and ensure that you have a worry-free HVAC installation.
When To Consider Commercial HVAC Replacement
Whether it’s old age or recurring system breakdowns, there are many signs that indicate you may need replacement. You want peace of mind that ensures your unit won’t require frequent repairs. If you have a problematic HVAC system, replacement will help you lower energy costs and enhance your indoor comfort. Whether you need a furnace replacement or other commercial HVAC services in Allen, we are your team.
Allen HVAC Emergencies
An AC or furnace breakdown is unpredictable. Whether it’s during a long-lasting heatwave or a sudden cold snap, Aire Serv of McKinney is ready to meet your needs for emergency HVAC services. Allen, TX homeowners can rest easy knowing that we won’t charge overtime fees for emergency services either, because your safety and comfort come first.
We are here 24/7 to help Allen homeowners on nights, weekends and holidays, promoting clean air and well-balanced temperatures. Whether you need AC repair or heating repair, your reliable Allen HVAC service professionals are ready to diagnose underlying issues and provide efficient repair or replacement services.
Do You Need HVAC Service in Allen, TX? Rely on the Team at Aire Serv of McKinney!
You don’t have to search for “HVAC near me” any longer; you are at the right place! Aire Serv of McKinney provides transparent, upfront pricing and guaranteed satisfaction for all heating and cooling services. Our team of experts helps Allen residents and many other nearby communities, like Melissa, Prosper and Anna, with reliable HVAC maintenance, repair and replacement services.
If you need an appointment with your local HVAC company, call 972-694-1716. Our excellent customer service reps are here to answer all your questions, from air conditioning repair to furnace installation. We’re here to help you maintain your HVAC. Allen, TX can count on dedicated workmanship.