HVAC Services Lowry Crossing, TX
If you desire rural, small-town vibes with a strong sense of community in Collin County, you are likely in Lowry Crossing enjoying the calm, peaceful part of the Lone Star state. Close to 90 percent of Lowry Crossing’s residents own their homes, understanding the seasonal maintenance tasks that include taking care of their HVAC. Lowry Crossing, TX homeowners know that having a roof over their heads and solid ground to stand on are the essentials of having a house—but what’s missing? Reliable air conditioning and quality heating. Whichever season is approaching, it’s essential that you test and inspect that part of your HVAC. Lowry Crossing, TX homes that are equipped to handle their subtropical climate have dependable air conditioning systems to keep their living space safe and comfortable. But how can you tell your HVAC is in healthy working order?
Your Lowry Crossing HVAC service professionals are here to give you peace of mind, so you won’t have to worry about hot, muggy summers or wet, cold winters. Count on our experienced and certified team at Aire Serv of McKinney—your trusted Lowry Crossing HVAC company for AC maintenance and furnace tune-ups. We are a locally-owned and operated business that only hires licensed professionals that have passed their background checks and drug screens, bringing many years of experience in residential and commercial HVAC.
Lowry Crossing, TX – Air Conditioning Services
Ranked as one of America’s top five hottest states, owning and operating an air conditioning unit is a means of survival. Hundreds of heat strokes are reported in the DFW Metropolitan area, including sudden deaths, especially in the public and commercial spaces where workers are exposed to extreme heat. To help you stay safe during the peak season, your Lowry Crossing HVAC service professional will go through an AC checklist with you to ensure it will perform flawlessly without interruption. However, to understand how your air conditioning unit ticks, it’s crucial to know its parts and their functions.
How Does Air Conditioning Work?
Your AC is designed to absorb indoor heat and humidity and convert it into cooled air by using a refrigerant, which is a chemical compound that transitions from liquid to gas and back.
Some homeowners believe their air conditioning absorbs exterior air, which is not the case (unless you have a ductless mini-split). It’s highly recommended that windows are closed when your AC is in operation. The anatomy of an AC may be complex; therefore, we recommend familiarizing yourself with the parts to better understand future service needs. The important parts and their functions include:
- Evaporator: Evaporator coils are the two panels that form an A-shaped roof near the air handler by the blowing fan. Those metal coils are designed to help the refrigerant absorb heat and remove humidity inside your home.
- Condenser: The condenser coil is the large exterior unit that vents the collected, heated air to the outside. It works in conjunction with the evaporator.
- Blower fan: The fan circulates air over the chilled evaporator coils, and once cooled, it is distributed into your home.
- Compressor: Also located in the outdoor unit, the compressor is a pump that transfers the refrigerant between the evaporator and condenser coils to cool the indoor air.
- Expansion valve: As the compressor pulls the refrigerant through the evaporator coil, it passes through the expansion valve, which is designed to reduce pressure from the refrigerant. This valve also controls how much refrigerant gets injected into the evaporator coil.
- Exterior fan: Your outdoor unit has an in-built fan that blows air over the condenser to dissipate heated air.
- Thermostat: Your thermostat serves as your overall control system, allowing you to regulate your indoor temperature.
- Filter: HVAC systems require filters to catch airborne particles and other harmful substances in the air—and there is a lot of it! Over time, the filter becomes clogged and restricts airflow until you exchange it.
- Condensation drains: When your coils convert humidity into liquid, the liquid flows into a pan from where it will go down a drain line.
Types of AC Systems
Some common AC types include:
- Single-Split: Ideal for smaller spaces like a living room or bedroom.
- Ductless Mini-Split: If you don’t have ductwork, a ductless mini-split is a wall-mounted evaporator unit that conveniently connects to an outdoor condenser.
- Multi-split: This is a larger unit that operates best in commercial environments with multiple floors.
Signs You Need AC Repair:
Unserviced units will likely suffer from inadequate performance due to deteriorating parts, from clogged blower motors to low refrigerant levels. When not acting upon serious warning signs and other inconsistencies regarding the HVAC, Lowry Crossing, TX homes will be susceptible to system failure. Signy you require AC repair services include:
- Restricted airflow
- Warm air
- High humidity
- Inconsistent temperatures
- Strange noises in the system
- Bad odors
- System leaks
- Overworking AC
Air Conditioning Maintenance
Your Lowry Crossing HVAC service professional has a list of AC maintenance duties that will ensure you’re all set for the summer. We take our preventative measures seriously, whether it’s identifying old parts that need replacing or detecting a poor performance due to your system’s old age. Our detailed diagnosis will determine the root cause of any issues, after which we’ll offer air conditioning repairs to ensure these problems won’t return. This way, your home and wine cellar stay cool throughout the summer. Maintenance services include:
- Replacing filter
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Detecting refrigerant leak
- Refrigerant evacuation
- Sealing leaky ductwork
- Inspecting electronic control sequence
- Inspecting electric terminals
- Measuring overall airflow through the coils
- Evaporator and condenser coil cleaning
- Condensate drain inspection
- Checking the compressor's oil level
- Checking the thermostat's accuracy
- Inspecting vents
While changing your AC filter goes a long way, it’s always good to have a trusted Lowry Crossing HVAC service professional assess the technical side of things that confirms a well-inspected HVAC. When it’s time to replace, we’re here to help you with efficient AC installation services.
Lowry Crossing, TX – Heating Services
Although Lowry Crossing hasn’t reported any extremely cold days in recent years, there are, on average, 46.6 days during which temperatures fall below 32 °F. Cold spells or general cold temperatures have struck the Southeast with Arctic winds and could potentially hit the DFW area one winter. Winter preparation is essential during the short fall season. After cleaning your AC and covering up the outdoor unit, it’s time to schedule professional Lowry Crossing HVAC services to get your furnace ready.
Air Duct Cleaning
While simply turning your furnace on is one thing, there's something important you need to know about your HVAC. Lowry Crossing, TX homeowners, might not always think about it, but your ducts collect lots of dust and pollen during the summer. If your AC and furnace share the same vents, you likely deal with a fair amount of airborne particles that have gathered on your duct walls. Sometimes, it even traps moisture that leads to mold and material deterioration. This could greatly affect your furnace's efficiency.
In order for your furnace to distribute clean, heated air through your ducts, your Lowry Crossing HVAC service professionals fulfill many expert duct cleaning requests during the fall. This way, anyone who suffers from allergy symptoms in your household will benefit from safer air, and you will likely save on utility bills.
What Is A Furnace Tune-Up?
It's a trendy term for preventative maintenance, during which your Lowry Crossing service professional inspects your heater's parts and performance. If no major issues are found, you can rely on small adjustments, cleaning, and oiling that will make sure your furnace won't let you down in the midst of winter.
In other cases, we experience corroded and worn parts (i.e., flame sensors or blower wheels) that we will replace to help extend your unit’s life. Depending on how severe the wear and tear, we will likely recommend a replacement rather than a temporary fix that may last you through one last season. Furnace tune-ups are there to identify warning signs early to prevent the need for an emergency service in the middle of a day in January.
Your Lowry Crossing HVAC service professional will ensure you’re safe from a furnace breakdown by ticking off these important points:
- Lubricating motors and fans (with silicone lubricant)
- Inspecting fan belts
- Inspecting your heat exchanger
- Testing your exhaust system
- Checking carbon monoxide levels
- Checking for gas leaks
- Checking burner for corrosion
- Combustion analysis
- Adjusting your gas pressure level
- Cleaning your condensate drain line
- Changing furnace filter
- Calibrating or replacing the thermostat
- Tightening electrical connections
Signs You Need Furnace Repair in Lowry Crossing
Maintaining a healthy furnace doesn’t require too much work if you keep up with the regular filter change and duct cleaning services. But unfortunately, there are other issues that could be a health and safety hazard to you and your family. When learning about the telltale signs that affect the HVAC, Lowry Crossing, TX residents should pay special attention to these:
- Poor air quality: Clogged furnace filter
- Changing temperatures: Faulty thermostat
- Strong furnace smells: Potential gas leaks
- Increased energy bills: Decreased efficiency due to old age
- Carbon monoxide alerts: Sign of a broken heat exchanger
- Yellow pilot light: Airflow problem in the combustion chamber
- Strange noises coming from the unit: Blower motor issues
- Cracked ceramic tile: Ceramic tile can be sensitive to fluctuating temperatures, and depending on where your heating & AC are located, it’s worth calling a Lowry Crossing HVAC service professional to check their performance and even consider upgrading your ceramic tile to porcelain tile or other more durable materials.
Other Types of Heating Systems
Common heating systems that we service include:
- Natural gas furnace: Most common and considered economical
- Heat pumps: An indoor temperature regulator that works during winter and summer.
- Steam boiler: It heats up water and turns it into steam that travels through pipes to radiators to keep your home warm.
HVAC Replacement Services in Lowry Crossing
Whether you are a residential or commercial property owner in Lowry Crossing, maintaining your HVAC system ensures a comfortable temperature and clean indoor air quality for everyone. But what do you do if you always find yourself calling for HVAC repair services at the start of every new season?
When To Consider HVAC Replacement
Taking your HVAC's age into consideration is a key factor in making the right decision. Recurring system breakdowns are a nightmare and could cost you more in the long run. When we talk about HVAC replacement, our goal is to promote efficiency that will help you with energy-saving and keep everyone in your household safe. Older units will continue to deteriorate and eat a lot of energy. Whether you need air conditioning replacement or other commercial HVAC services in Lowry Crossing, we are your team to improve the comfort of your living space.
Lowry Crossing HVAC Installation
When requiring expert installers for HVAC, Lowry Crossing TX property owners can count on the team at Aire Serv of McKinney to efficiently assess their residential and commercial spaces and size the desired system accordingly. We typically calculate per square foot and will share our measurements with you in detail. Your Lowry Crossing HVAC service professionals will help you choose an energy-efficient unit and ductwork system that will guarantee a hassle-free furnace or AC installation process.
What You Need Before Your Lowry Crossing HVAC Installation
- Hire licensed service providers
- Check electrical capacity
- Duct network installation
Lowry Crossing HVAC Emergency – 24/7
No one can predict a furnace or AC breakdown. It can happen in the middle of the night during a cold spell or a heatwave. Your trusted team at Aire Serv of McKinney provides emergency HVAC. Lowry Crossing, TX homeowners can count on our prompt arrival to repair heating & air conditioning systems fast and efficiently. During times like these, a trouble-free service is essential; you need the assurance that your certified service professional knows what they are doing.
We are available 24/7 to help Lowry Crossing homeowners on nights, weekends, and holidays, promoting clean indoor air and a balanced temperature.
We don’t charge overtime fees for emergency services because your safety and comfort come first.
Need Air Conditioning Service in Lowry Crossing?
Before you type into your search, “HVAC near me,” you are at the right place! Don’t hire an unlicensed HVAC technician with no background information! Your local Lowry Crossing HVAC service professionals at Aire Serv of McKinney provide transparent upfront pricing and guaranteed satisfaction for all cooling & heating services. Our team of experts provides dependable services to Lowry Crossing residents and nearby communities like Prosper, Anna, or Blue Ridge with reliable HVAC maintenance, repair, and replacement services that guarantee customer satisfaction.
Give us a call at 972-694-1716 to chat with our friendly customer service representatives or schedule an online appointment with your local HVAC experts. We're happy to guide you through a worry-free experience.