Lowry Crossing, TX Air Conditioning Services
Texas is ranked as one of America’s top five hottest states. Therefore, owning and operating an air conditioning unit is a means of survival. Hundreds of heat strokes are reported in the DFW Metropolitan area, including sudden deaths, especially in the public and commercial spaces where workers are exposed to extreme heat. To help you stay safe during the peak season, your Lowry Crossing HVAC service professional will go through an AC checklist with you to ensure it will perform flawlessly without interruption. However, to understand how your air conditioning unit ticks, it’s crucial to know its parts and their functions.
How Does An Air Conditioner Work?
Your AC is designed to absorb indoor heat and humidity and convert it into cooled air by using a refrigerant, which is a chemical compound that transitions from liquid to gas and back.
Some homeowners believe their air conditioning absorbs exterior air, which is not the case (unless you have a ductless mini-split). It’s highly recommended that windows are closed when your AC is in operation. The anatomy of an AC may be complex; therefore, we recommend acquainting yourself with the different parts to get a better idea of future service needs. The important parts and their functions include:
- Evaporator: Evaporator coils assist the refrigerant in absorbing heat and, at the same time, reducing moisture content inside your home.
- Condenser: The condenser coil is the large exterior unit that vents the collected, heated air to the outside. It works in conjunction with the evaporator.
- Blower fan: The fan is responsible for distributing the chilled air into your home.
- Compressor: The compressor is practically the pumping heart that transfers the refrigerant between the coils to cool the indoor air.
- Expansion valve: As the compressor pulls the refrigerant through the evaporator coil, it passes through the expansion valve, which is designed to reduce pressure from the refrigerant. This valve also controls how much refrigerant gets injected into the evaporator coil.
- Exterior fan: The big outdoor system has an interior fan built-in that blows air over the condenser. This way, it eliminates heated air.
- Thermostat: The thermostat is your control system, allowing you to control the temperature inside your home.
- Filter: HVAC systems require filters to catch airborne particles and other harmful substances in the air—and there is a lot of it! Over time, the filter becomes clogged and restricts airflow until you exchange it.
- Condensation drain: The interior coils turn humidity into liquid. That liquid flows into the condensate drain pan from where it will go down the waste line.
Types of AC Systems
Some common types of air conditioning systems include:
- Central Air Conditioning: Central AC systems, also known as packaged systems, consist of an indoor and outdoor unit that both utilize your existing ductwork to cool your living space.
- Single-Split: Ideal for smaller spaces like a living room or bedroom.
- Ductless Mini-Split: If you don’t have ductwork, a ductless mini-split is a wall-mounted evaporator unit that conveniently connects to an outdoor condenser.
- Multi-split: This is a larger unit that operates best in commercial environments with multiple floors.
Signs You Need Air Conditioner Repair:
Unserviced units will likely suffer from inadequate performance due to deteriorating parts, from clogged blower motors to low refrigerant levels. When not acting upon serious warning signs and other inconsistencies regarding HVAC, Lowry Crossing, TX homes will be susceptible to system failure. Signs you require AC repair services include:
- Restricted airflow
- Warm air
- High humidity
- Inconsistent temperatures
- Strange noises in system
- Bad odors
- System leaks
- Overworking AC
- Poor indoor air quality while unit is running
Air Conditioner Maintenance
Your Lowry Crossing HVAC service professional has a list of AC maintenance duties that will guarantee you’re all set for the summer. We take our preventative measures seriously, whether it’s identifying old parts that need replacing or detecting poor performance due to your system’s old age. Our detailed diagnosis will determine the root cause of any issues, after which we’ll offer AC repair services to ensure these problems won’t return. This way, your home or business will stay cool throughout the summer.
Common AC maintenance services include:
- Filter replacement
- Measuring refrigerant levels
- Identifying refrigerant leaks
- Sealing leaky ductwork
- Inspecting electronic control systems
- Air flow measurement
- Cleaning of interior coils
- Condensate drain inspection
- Examining the compressor’s oil status
- Measuring the thermostat’s accuracy
- Inspecting vents
While changing your AC filter goes a long way, it’s always good to have a trusted Lowry Crossing HVAC service professional assess the technical side of things to maintain well-running HVAC. If the time does come for replacement, we’re here to help you with efficient AC installation services too.
Lowry Crossing, TX Heating Services
Although Lowry Crossing hasn’t reported any extremely cold days in recent years, there are, on average, 46.6 days during which temperatures fall below 32 °F. Cold spells or general cold temperatures have struck the South East with Arctic winds and could potentially hit the DFW area one winter. Winter preparation is essential during the short fall season. After cleaning your AC and covering up the outdoor unit, it’s time to schedule professional Lowry Crossing HVAC services to get your furnace ready.
Air Duct Services
While simply turning your furnace on is one thing, there’s something important you need to know about your HVAC. Lowry Crossing, TX homeowners might not always think about it, but your ducts collect lots of dust and pollen during the summer. If your AC and furnace share the same vents, you likely deal with a fair amount of airborne particles that have gathered on your duct walls. Sometimes, it even traps moisture that leads to mildew build-up and material deterioration. This could greatly affect your furnace’s efficiency.
In order to ensure furnaces distribute clean, heated air through ducts, Lowry Crossing HVAC service professionals receive many expert duct cleaning requests during the fall. If anyone suffers from allergy symptoms in your household, they will benefit from safer air.
What Is A Furnace Tune-Up?
It’s a trendy term for preventative maintenance, during which your Lowry Crossing service professional inspects your heater’s parts and performance. If no major issues are found, you can rely on small adjustments, cleaning and oiling that will make sure your furnace won’t let you down in the midst of winter.
In other cases, we may find corroded and worn parts (i.e., flame sensors or blower wheels) that we will replace to help extend your unit’s life. Depending on how severe the wear and tear, we may recommend a furnace replacement rather than a temporary fix that may last you through one last season. Furnace tune-ups are there to identify warning signs early to prevent the need for an emergency service in the middle of a cold day in January.
Your Lowry Crossing HVAC service professional will ensure you’re safe from a furnace breakdown by ticking off these important points:
- Lubricating motors and fans (with silicone lubricant)
- Inspecting fan belts
- Inspecting your heat exchanger
- Testing your exhaust system
- Checking carbon monoxide levels
- Checking for gas leaks
- Checking burner for corrosion
- Combustion analysis
- Adjusting your gas pressure level
- Changing furnace filter
- Calibrating or replacing thermostat
- Tightening electrical connections
Signs You Need Furnace Repair in Lowry Crossing
Maintaining a healthy furnace doesn’t require too much work if you keep up with the regular filter change and duct cleaning services. But unfortunately, there are other issues that could be a health and safety hazard to you and your family. When learning about the telltale signs that affect HVAC, Lowry Crossing, TX residents should pay special attention to these issues and their possible causes:
- Poor indoor air quality: Clogged furnace filter
- Changing temperatures: Faulty thermostat
- Strong furnace smells: Potential gas leaks
- Increased energy bills: Decreased efficiency due to old age
- Carbon monoxide alerts: Sign of a broken heat exchanger
- Yellow pilot light: Airflow problem in combustion chamber
- Strange noises coming from the unit: Blower motor issues
- Cracked ceramic tile: Ceramic tile can be sensitive to fluctuating temperatures, and depending on where your heating & AC are located, it’s worth calling a Lowry Crossing HVAC service professional to check their performance and even consider upgrading your ceramic tile to porcelain tile or other more durable materials.
Common Heating Systems
Besides the widely used furnace unit, there are other ways of sourcing and obtaining heat.
- Gas furnace: You will find the traditional gas furnace in most North American homes. It’s considered one of the most economical and efficient choices.
- Heat pumps: Heat pumps are energy efficient and eco-friendly. They provide you with cooled air in the summer and heated in the winter by drawing in exterior air and converting it accordingly.
- Steam boiler: This is a more traditional way of heating but is still commonly used. The boiler heats up water and converts it into steam which gets sent through pipes to radiators.
HVAC Replacement Services in Lowry Crossing
Whether you are a residential or commercial property owner in Lowry Crossing, maintaining your HVAC system ensures a comfortable temperature and clean indoor air quality for everyone. But what do you do if you always find yourself calling for HVAC repair services at the start of every new season?
When To Consider HVAC Replacement
Taking your HVAC’s age into consideration is a key factor to making the right decision. Recurring system breakdowns are a nightmare and could cost you more in the long run. When we talk about HVAC replacement, our goal is to promote efficiency that will help you with energy-saving and keep everyone in your property safe and comfortable. Older units will continue to deteriorate and eat a lot of energy. Whether you need air conditioning replacement, heater replacement or other HVAC services in Lowry Crossing TX, we are your team to improve the comfort of your living space.
Lowry Crossing HVAC Installation
When requiring expert installers for HVAC, Lowry Crossing, TX property owners can count on the team at Aire Serv of McKinney to efficiently assess their residential and commercial spaces and size the desired system accordingly. We typically calculate per square feet and will share our measurements with you in detail. Your Lowry Crossing HVAC service professionals will help you choose an energy-efficient unit and ductwork system that guarantees a hassle-free furnace or AC installation process.
What You May Need Before Your Lowry Crossing HVAC Installation
- Hire licensed service providers
- Check electrical capacity
- Duct network installation
Lowry Crossing HVAC: Emergency Services
No one can predict an HVAC breakdown, and you don’t want to be searching hopelessly for “HVAC near me” during that time. Emergencies can happen any time, whether in the middle of a cold snap in February or a heatwave in July. Your trusted team at Aire Serv of McKinney provides emergency HVAC services for just such an event. Lowry Crossing, TX homeowners can count on our prompt arrival to repair their heating and air conditioning system fast and efficiently. During times like these, a trouble-free service is essential; you need the assurance that your certified service professional knows what they are doing.
Our services are available 24/7 to assist Lowry Crossing homeowners in the middle of the night, on weekends and holidays, promoting clean indoor air and a balanced temperature.
We don’t charge overtime fees for emergency services because your safety and comfort come first.
Need Lowry Crossing HVAC Services?
Did you stumble upon our page while searching for “HVAC near me?” We are pleased that you have found us! Don’t hire an unlicensed technician with no background information! Your local Lowry Crossing HVAC service professionals at Aire Serv of McKinney highly value transparency, which is why we only offer upfront pricing and guaranteed customer satisfaction for our cooling and heating services. Our team of experts provides dependable services to property owners in Lowry Crossing and many surrounding areas, including Prosper, Anna and Blue Ridge.
If you have any questions about your HVAC system, feel free to reach us at 972-694-1716 and speak with our dedicated customer service reps. Otherwise, why not schedule an appointment with your local Lowry Crossing HVAC service professionals? We're happy to guide you through a worry-free experience.