How to Get Better Heat & Air Conditioning in the New Year
While we could provide a list of possible HVAC-related New Year’s resolutions to consider taking on this year, no matter how you swing it, every good heater and air conditioning resolution starts and ends with one thing: better indoor air.
Whether you want to stop spending so much on energy, reduce the number of filters you'll burn through, or stay at peak performance (and comfort) all year long, here's a New Year’s guide on:
- Why you should add "Have Better Air" to your list of resolutions in 2023
- How to evaluate the current health of your home's heating and cooling system
- What you can do to improve your home's HVAC system this year
With our expertise in HVAC systems and years of experience providing service to homes and businesses in Tyler, Bullard, and beyond throughout Texas, Aire Serv of Smith County is well-equipped to help you improve the air quality inside your home or office.
We know everything there is to know about maintaining a healthy indoor environment!
Why Improving Your Indoor Air is the Perfect Resolution for 2023
While it's a bit unorthodox, improving the air quality from your HVAC system is likely one of the best resolutions you can make this year. Why? A poorly functioning HVAC system can seriously affect your energy bills, comfort, health, and the air quality inside your home.
Choosing to focus on clean, healthy, and comfortable heating and cooling in 2023 provides you with many benefits, including:
- Saving money on energy bills by reducing the demand for air conditioning and heating
- Reducing wear and tear on your HVAC system so it can last longer
- Improving your home's indoor environment and reducing pollutants, dust, pollen, bacteria, and more
- Keeping consistent temperatures throughout the year without uncomfortable hot or cold spots
By taking the time to improve the air quality of your home or office through HVAC resolutions this year, you can enjoy a more comfortable and healthier environment all around!
How to Evaluate Your HVAC System's Health
To get started on your resolution for better indoor air in 2023, you'll need to know how healthy your current HVAC system is. You can start by:
- Inspecting the air filters every few months for dirt and debris
- Checking for cracked, loose, or broken hoses, pipes, or ductwork in the system
- Listening for odd noises when the heater or air conditioning is running
- Making sure the thermostat is programmed correctly
- Checking for air leaks around windows and doors
If you find any of these or other problems with your HVAC system, it's time to make some changes. If you need clarification on the current state of your system or help fixing things, reaching out to a local HVAC technician for an inspection can be helpful – and shed some light on issues you may not even be aware of!
What You Can Do to Make Your Home's Air Better in 2023
Regardless of your HVAC system’s current state, there are plenty of things you can do right now and throughout the year to ensure better indoor air quality for yourself and your family, friends, staff, or customers. Here are just a few:
- Schedule regular maintenance and tune-ups to keep your HVAC system running correctly
- Invest in an air purifier or humidifier to reduce pollutants, dust, pollen, and bacteria
- Upgrade your outdated thermostat to one that allows for better control
- Replace old air filters every 90 days to keep your system running smoothly
- Install insulation and seals in the attic or crawlspace to keep things cool or warm
- Consider swapping your old HVAC equipment with something more efficient
Improving the air quality from your HVAC system is a great New Year's resolution for 2023. By inspecting, evaluating, and making necessary changes to your home's heating and cooling system, you'll be proactive in taking steps to make a huge change
Keep It Professional - You Won't Regret It
In the New Year and beyond, you may yearn for cleaner air in your home. However, finding the time or know-how to properly maintain a system on your own can be difficult.
To ensure you can get the most out of your heating and air conditioning all year long, rely on an experienced HVAC company! Although do it yourself efforts are admirable, no amount of DIY tinkering will match the specialist knowledge and expertise a certified professional can bring.
Take Control of Your Home's Air Quality in 2023 with Aire Serv
We’ll be here in the New Year and beyond, keeping your system running the way it should – and offering helpful advice along the way to extend its lifespan and get the most out of your heating and cooling investment!
At Aire Serv of Smith County, we specialize in providing reliable, energy-efficient services for homes and businesses throughout Tyler, Bullard, and the rest of East Texas. With just one call to our team, we'll schedule a time to meet you in your home or business, inspect your system, and create a service plan tailored to your needs.
Contact us online to schedule your HVAC repair, maintenance, or indoor air quality inspection in Tyler, Bullard, or nearby!