You might think a faulty HVAC thermostat is a matter of cycles, degrees, and wiring. In reality, a properly functioning commercial thermostat is all about dollars and cents. Employees are more productive, and customers spend more when they are comfortable. It’s that simple. Add in runaway utility bills, and it’s clear that ensuring your commercial thermostat works properly is a key financial responsibility. The experienced HVAC team at your local Aire Serv knows how to keep your thermostat and the rest of your system running efficiently throughout the year!
Why Are Thermostats for Office and Commercial Spaces Vital?
Unless you’re uncomfortable, you don’t often think about the temperature indoors. But it matters. Our productivity, energy levels, efficiency, and mood are all directly impacted by changes in temperature. Did you know studies have found that productivity drops by 4% for every degree the temps rise above 80F? And it’s not just people. Equipment and goods, too, benefit from the consistent, moderate temperatures we prefer.
The commercial thermostats in your office, plant, or store continuously monitor the temperature within your environment, automatically activating heating or cooling to maintain optimum comfort. Every space is different, with its temperature rising and falling as people move in and out, the seasons and time of day change, and activity levels for people and equipment vary. When the thermostat works well — you never notice it. You need prompt service for repair or replacement when it doesn’t.
Common Signs of a Failing Thermostat
Would you recognize the indications that your commercial thermostat needs service? These are some common signs to watch for:
- HVAC system turns on and off — When your heating and cooling system turns on and off too quickly to complete a full cycle something is not right.
- HVAC system won’t turn on — When you have a bad thermostat, your HVAC system may fail to turn on or respond to a changed thermostat setting or a change in the interior temperature.
- Faulty thermostat readings — If the thermostat reads 80 degrees, but your workforce is wearing jackets, there’s a problem with the thermostat.
- Suspiciously high utility bills — A faulty commercial thermostat will make your system operate less efficiently, which will cause your energy costs to skyrocket.
- Thermostat loses programmed settings — When the thermostat is going out, it may “forget” or lose pre-programmed settings, needing to be reset at frequent intervals.
Different Types of Thermostats for Commercial Facilities
When you need to replace your commercial thermostat, there are a few options to best suit your site:
- Manual Thermostat — If your commercial space is small, a basic, manual thermostat may do all you need. There are mechanical and electronic models available. These are less energy-efficient than more expensive models but are effective for small spaces.
- Programmable Thermostat — This option allows you to customize the settings per room, floor, or building. You can also establish a schedule with settings that change with the time of day or day of the week to align with peak business hours.
- Smart Thermostat — Commercial thermostats with smart technology “learn” your needs, adjusting the heating and cooling throughout your premises in response to room occupancy, humidity, and other variables.
- Residential Thermostat — If your commercial space is a single room, you may be best served by a residential thermostat.
There is no need to guess at the best commercial thermostat for your business location. The HVAC experts at Aire Serv will evaluate your specific needs and advise you at every step. From answering questions about wiring, installation, and programming, our professionals help business owners breathe easy knowing they can count on us for fast, reliable service.
Choose Aire Serv for Commercial Thermostat Repair and Replacement
You and your business don’t have time and money to waste on a cranky commercial thermostat. You want the job done right the first time, on time, and on budget. That’s why you want to call Aire Serv to repair or replace your thermostat.
When you call Aire Serv to service your commercial thermostat, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Anytime Service — Your thermostat can go out at any time of the day or night without regard for your needs or schedule. So that’s when we are available to you — 24/7/365.
- No Overtime Charge — When you need Aire Serv, we’re there without charging more for overtime, night visits, weekend work, or holiday calls.
- Upfront Pricing — No hidden fees; or surcharges. We price all our services by the job, not by the hour or overtime.
- Our “Fixed Right” Promise — All our work is backed by the Neighborly Done Right Promise™ as well as our guarantee to fix your issue the first time, or it is free!
At Aire Serv, we put our clients first by providing exceptional HVAC services that business owners rely on to keep their commercial space comfortable. Don’t let a faulty or outdated thermostat impact your business. We will repair or replace your commercial thermostat and do it right the first time, on time. Request an appointment online, or give us a call.