Professional Water Heater Installation
A water heater is one of the most important large appliances in any home. Ensuring you have the right unit for the job and that it has been installed safely is imperative to the short- and long-term function of the water heater. At Aire Serv, we understand the importance of quality water heater installation. Read on to learn everything you need to know about having your new water heater installed.
Water Heater Installation
Maybe you’re looking to install a water heater in your newly constructed home or you’re adding a system to an outbuilding or seasonal cottage. Maybe you’re even considering adding an additional water heating system to meet the needs of a large family. No matter the case, your local Aire Serv is ready to help you install the system that will work best for you.
If you’re looking to replace an existing water heater, click here.
Our licensed technicians will work alongside you and contractors, designers or architects to help you choose the water heater best suited to meet your family’s needs. Options include:
- Conventional Storage Tank Water Heater: Employs a large tank to store a large volume of hot water, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Tankless or On-demand Water Heater: Heats water on-demand using super-heated coils. No tank necessary! This type of unit is usually a surprisingly small box mounted to the wall in your home’s utility room or closet.
- Heat Pump or Hybrid Water Heater: Uses a heat exchanger to pull heat from the air to heat water for use in your home. A heat pump or hybrid water heater takes up a considerable amount of space - at least as much as that of a conventional storage tank.
- Solar Powered Water Heater: Draws energy from the sun. A fantastic option for homeowners who have solar panels or plan to add them to their home. Like conventional water heaters, solar powered water heaters require a well-insulated tank for storage.
- Condensing Water Heater:A condensing water heater uses the exhaust from your home’s other natural gas appliances to heat a coil at the bottom of a conventional-looking water tank.
Most frequently, we’re asked to install conventional and tankless water heaters. However, demand for heat pump and solar powered water heaters is growing in areas of the country most conducive to their operation.
Contact your local Aire Serv to speak with a technician about your water heater options.
How to Install a Water Heater
Our water heater installation process depends on the type of water heater and energy source. Your local licensed Aire Serv technician will walk you through the process of installing your water heater, but in general, this process will follow these steps:
- Select the appropriate water heater.
- Install the electrical or gas connection, water connections, and appropriate ventilation.
- Move the water heater into place.
- Connect the water heater to the electric or fuel lines, water lines, and ventilation using appropriate fittings and adhesives.
- Open water lines, turn on fuel or power supply. Ignite pilot light, if applicable.
Because installing a hot water heater can be tricky to do safely and correctly, we do not recommend that homeowners attempt DIY water heater installation. Instead, work with a professional.
Hot Water Heater Installation Cost
The cost of hot water heater installation depends on several factors, including the type of unit and model being installed and the fittings already present in your home. Aire Serv technicians are happy to give you a guaranteed upfront price.
Why Choose Aire Serv Water Heater Installation Services?
At Aire Serv, our experienced professionals are certified to install HVAC and water heating systems. When you hire Aire Serv, expect friendly and respectful service from uniformed professionals who will never leave a mess behind. Aire Serv is available 24/7 for your emergency needs.