A thermostat is the connection between you and your HVAC system. When thermostats quit working, you’re left unable to control the temperature in your home—which can be very uncomfortable. Don’t be stuck in a house that is too hot or too cold; let the professionals at Aire Serv® handle your thermostat service needs. We service, repair, and replace HVAC thermostats of all makes and models.
Thermostat and Smart Thermostat Services
When you contact your local Aire Serv, breathe easy knowing our technicians are thorough and reliable. At the beginning of any service appointment, your local technician will inspect your thermostat and its connections to your HVAC systems. After the inspection, our team member will make recommendations for service.
Thermostat Repair Services
Experiencing temperature swings? Inconsistent temperature readings? A loss of connection between your thermostat and HVAC system? Our thermostat repair services are designed to preserve your existing unit while improving the comfort of your home.
Thermostat Installation Services
New construction? Adding a second system to your property? Excited about zoned heating and cooling opportunities? Property owners engage in thermostat installation for a variety of reasons. Our technicians are on hand to help you identify and install the right thermostat for your space, including standard and smart thermostats.
Thermostat Replacement Services
Like all appliances, thermostats don’t last forever. Replacing an existing thermostat may seem like a simple task, but it can be complicated in older homes where wires are unlabeled or when transitioning from a standard thermostat to a smart thermostat.
Like all electrical tasks, thermostat services should be completed by a professional.
Common Problems with Thermostats
With thermostats under constant operation, a lot can go wrong. Here are the most common problems with thermostats we see:
- Thermostat location in your home. While it may feel like the thermostat is working properly, it is just measuring the temperature in a certain area of your home. If your thermostat is positioned too close to an air register, door, or window, it could lead to uneven heating or cooling.
- Sensors need to be recalibrated. The internal sensors are there to make sure the thermostat gets an accurate temperature reading. Over time, these sensors may change from factory calibration and provide inaccurate readings.
- Loose wiring from poor installation. If not properly installed, the wiring may loosen over time, causing a variety of issues. This may cause the display on digital thermostats to quit working, leaving you unable to control your HVAC system.
- Low battery. For thermostats that require batteries, it is important to change the batteries regularly. If batteries run low, it can cause the system to not function properly. We recommend checking the owner’s manual to see how often batteries should be replaced.
Find Thermostat Installation Near Me
Don’t suffer with uncomfortable temperatures in your home. Let the professionals at Aire Serv repair, replace, or install a new thermostat at your property. Call or request an appointment online for thermostat repair and replacement services today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer both commercial and home thermostat replacement?
Yes. All our thermostat services are available for both residential and commercial customers.
Why is my thermostat not working?
Thermostats can quit working for a variety of reasons. Without inspecting the device, it is difficult to pinpoint the issue. We recommend having a service professional look at your broken thermostat to make sure it gets repaired properly.
Can you tell me how to fix my thermostat?
Without knowing the problem and what needs to be fixed, it is impossible to walk people through repairing their own thermostat. Each make and model is different and requires substantial knowledge of the product and system to repair it properly.
My home never reaches the temperature it is set to. Can the thermostat be the problem?
Yes, in many cases it is an issue with the thermostat. Here are a few sure signs your thermostat is broken:
- Your home never reaches the desired temperature.
- The heating and cooling system won’t turn on or respond to thermostat adjustments.
- The AC and furnace run in short, frequent cycles.
- The thermostat resets itself, losing programmed temperature settings.
We recommend having an Aire Serv service professional take a look. Broken thermostats can put extra stress on your HVAC system, which can lead to more costly repairs.
Do you offer smart thermostat installation?
Yes. We encourage property owners to invest in smart thermostats to conserve energy, reduce their energy bills, and have better control of the temperature throughout their property.
Smart thermostat installation requires:
- An HVAC system that is defined as “low voltage,” or “24v”
- A C-wire to provide a steady stream of power to the new unit
- A steady Wi-Fi connection
Your technician will help you determine what steps must be taken, and how best to complete them, prior to smart thermostat installation at your property.