Most people don’t give the ductwork in their home a second thought, unless they have a problem. Unfortunately, many homeowners have a ductwork problem they can see — millions of unseen contaminants and particles floating through the air they breathe.
Because HVAC systems grow dirtier with time and use, air duct cleaning services are essential for improving and maintaining the efficiency of your system and your indoor air quality. This may have you wondering, “where’s the best air duct cleaning near me?” The good news is, you can find an Aire Serv location close to where you live. Our HVAC experts understand the importance of residential air duct cleaning and are committed to helping you maintain excellent air quality in your home.
Your Solution for a Cleaner, Fresher, Safer Home
The two main reasons homeowners schedule duct cleaning services are to improve indoor air quality and the efficiency of their system. Health concerns and high utility bills are great reasons for HVAC cleaning. While rising utility costs may indicate that it’s a good time to take steps, the health benefits of air duct cleaning make it imperative for maintaining a healthy indoor environment.
Dirty, contaminated ducts can harm your health and your family’s. This is especially true for people with existing health conditions like asthma, allergies, or illness. If your family members are experiencing unexplained coughing, sneezing, headaches, nausea, or other symptoms, investing in a thorough residential air duct cleaning can provide them with relief.
Contaminants that can lurk in your ductwork include the following:
- Mold: Moldy ducts can be incredibly hazardous to your health. Mold typically grows in duct systems that have been exposed to moisture. Mold in your HVAC system is particularly dangerous because it is spread and circulated through the air you and your family breathe. Left untreated, airborne mold can cause allergic reactions, and in some cases, toxic poisoning. Not all mold grows in visible areas, so you should take notice of any strange odors or troubling health symptoms. If you believe mold is growing in your HVAC system, schedule residential air duct cleaning services as soon as possible to mitigate the potential for health problems.
- Dust: If you or someone in your family struggles with asthma or allergies, the dust in your duct system can impair breathing. Dust naturally collects in the HVAC system over time, compromising your home’s air quality.
- Dirt: Like water, dirt in your duct system can damage your health. Worn air ducts and improperly sealed systems are at risk of contamination. Regular inspections and proper duct cleaning services eliminate this health hazard.
- Pet Dander: Though not deadly, pet dander is one of the biggest contributors to indoor allergies. If you own a pet, your HVAC system may be clogged with hair and dander, aggravating allergies and reducing indoor air quality. There are numerous ways to reduce pet dander in your home. Still, if you are moving into a home that previously had pets, your ductwork could be compromised. A thorough HVAC duct cleaning can provide a fresh start for new homeowners.
It is common for vermin, such as insects or rodents, to make their homes inside a ductwork system. This can create a blockage in your system and spread germs from droppings or dead pests. If you notice or hear pests crawling in or out of any part of your HVAC system, schedule residential air duct cleaning as soon as possible.
HVAC cleaning is essential for your family’s health and comfort in your home.
Clean Ducts Are Essential for Health and Efficiency
A service professional may recommend duct cleaning services during a scheduled AC maintenance appointment. Dirty ductwork can impact your system’s air quality as it heats and cools your home. As dust and debris build in your system, they can block passages, making it difficult for air to travel through. In addition, clogged air filters and ducts force your air conditioner and heater to work twice as hard. The result is poor air quality, higher energy bills, and excessive HVAC system wear.
Debris and dirt can also damage your unit. Unwanted particles can travel through sensitive parts of HVAC machinery, causing clogs, excessive wear, and early breakdowns. At the same time, these particles enter your home, compromising your family’s comfort and health. Residential air duct cleaning maximizes your unit’s longevity and improves the air quality in your home.
Many factors can contribute to the gradual breakdown of your air ducts—from daily wear to improper installation and prolonged exposure to moisture or contaminants. Professional residential HVAC cleaning can improve your home’s air quality, rein in your utility bills, and extend the lifespan of your heating and cooling system.
What You Can Do
At Aire Serv, we follow the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) recommendations in suggesting a thorough HVAC duct cleaning and inspection every three to five years. In the meantime, the following steps will help you to keep your system running clean and more efficient:
- Routine Air Filter Changes: Depending on the quality of the filter and the impact on your home’s indoor air (dust, pet hair, allergens, etc.), plan on changing out the air filter every one to three months.
- Frequent Dusting and Vacuuming: Regular home cleaning can lessen the burden on your air ducts and filters, reducing the frequency for duct cleaning services.
- Keep Air Supply Vents Open: Opening all the air vents in your home improves indoor airflow and prevents dust and debris from collecting in a closed duct.
- Indoor Air Purifiers: Indoor air purifiers trap and remove allergens and dust before it enters your air ducts. This also helps reduce the need for frequent air duct cleaning.
- Reduce Indoor Humidity: Dust and allergens stick to moist surfaces in your home and ducts. Running the bathroom fan when you shower and the kitchen exhaust fan when cooking helps lower indoor humidity.
These proactive HVAC maintenance steps will keep your ducts cleaner and your system working effectively and efficiently between duct cleaning service appointments.
Why Aire Serv Is the Best Choice for Residential HVAC and Air Duct Cleaning
Our HVAC service professionals uphold the highest level of workmanship and quality. We deliver excellent duct cleaning services and repairs for homeowners across the country, and have done so since 1992. We set the industry standard for in-depth training and professionalism. Each staff member is fully trained on the best HVAC cleaning, service, repair, and replacement practices. Each Aire Serv team member takes pride in delivering outstanding customer service. When you schedule a residential HVAC cleaning with us, you can breathe easier knowing we handle your service, repair, or installation the right way.
Aire Serv is a proud member of the Neighborly community of home service brands. We are committed to providing exemplary service so our neighbors can better enjoy their homes. Our expertise, combined with state-of-the-art tools, ensure we deliver efficient duct cleaning services every time. We back this commitment and all of our HVAC services with the Neighborly Done Right Promise™. No matter the project, Aire Serv will get it done right.
Schedule Your Residential HVAC and Air Duct Cleaning Services Today!
Don’t wait to help your family breathe easier and improve the efficiency of your HVAC system. Request an appointment with your local Aire Serv team for air duct cleaning services. Our local HVAC experts are ready to assist you today!