Tankless Water Installation, Repair, and Replacement
Tankless water heaters, also known as on-demand water heaters, are a compact, energy-efficient solution for a home’s hot water supply. They’re rapidly growing in popularity and are available in both electric and gas models.
Trust the HVAC experts at Aire Serv® to handle your tankless water heater installation, service, and replacement projects.
Need service now? Call (855) 679-0011
On- Demand Water Heater Services
It’s so inconvenient when you have an inconsistent or inadequate supply of hot water. Aire Serv technicians are experts in sizing, installing, and maintaining tankless water heaters so your unit can always handle your family’s hot water needs.
We perform these services on electric and natural gas tankless units:
- Tankless Water Heater Repair
From T&P valves to whole-house filtration systems, our repair services extend the useful livelihood of your unit. When you call, our technicians will make every effort to repair your unit before suggesting replacement.
- Tankless Water Heater Replacement
Water heaters are replaced for a variety of reasons, including age, efficiency, and the cost of required repairs. When it’s time to replace your water heater, you can breathe easy knowing your local Aire Serv technician will help you with everything from selection to installation to disposing of your old unit.
- Tankless Water Heater Installation
New construction? Converting from a tank to a tankless water heater? We do it all. While installation seems straightforward, any misstep may put your unit in jeopardy. Always choose professional installation for your property
- Tankless Water Heater Maintenance
A well-maintained water heater will perform better, last longer, and ultimately, save you money. All water heaters should be professionally inspected yearly. During an inspection, Aire Serv technicians look for common problems with the fuel source, leaks, and more.
The Three Most Common Problems with Tankless Water Heaters
At Aire Serv, we’ve seen it all, but these are the most common problems we see with electric and natural gas tankless water heaters:
- Visible corrosion. Over time, condensation can build up near the gas burner, causing corrosion that can lead to a gas blockage or leak.
- Overheating. Water heaters can overheat for a variety of reasons, but the two most common are: a.) something blocking the air from passing through the vent or exhaust, and b.) a malfunction with the temperature sensor. Both are easily repaired.
- The heater won’t activate. If the water doesn’t heat when you switch on the hot water, it’s usually because an electric unit has an ignition system malfunction or a short in the wiring, or because a natural gas unit has a fuel delivery problem.
Find Tankless Water Heater Service Near Me
Are increasing energy bills putting a strain on your budget? Is your on-demand water heater overheating or not delivering hot water?
Frequently Asked Questions
How does a tankless water heater work?
A tankless water heater is an on-demand water heating system that’s activated (burns gas or uses electricity) only when hot water is needed. Cold water enters the unit through the cold-water line. It then passes through the system where it’s flash-heated and then sent out the hot water line to your sink or shower.
What are the benefits of installing a tankless water heater?
- No more running out of hot water. On-demand water heaters heat water as it passes through the unit, offering an unlimited supply of hot water.
- They’re more efficient—saving you money. Tankless water heaters are far more efficient than conventional storage heaters. Energy is used to heat water instantly when you need it, not when you don’t.
- They take up less space. On-demand water heaters take up a fraction of the space required for conventional tank models and are typically mounted directly on a wall.
- They last longer. On-demand water heaters, on average, have a longer lifespan than conventional storage water heaters—giving you more for your money.
Electric vs. gas tankless water heater—which is better?
Natural gas tankless water heaters are slightly more efficient than electric on-demand heaters at heating water. However, natural gas models require a pilot light to be lit so the system is always ready. Some gas is used to keep the pilot light lit—the amount of gas consumed varies depending upon the size of the unit. Electric on-demand heaters do not require a pilot light and use little to no energy when not being used.
When deciding which system to install in your home, we recommend having an Aire Serv expert assess your home and hot water needs to help you choose the proper model.
Do tankless water heaters last longer? If so, how much longer?
Yes, they last longer. According to the U.S Department of Energy, tankless water heaters have an average lifespan of 20 years or more, whereas traditional water heaters last only 10-15 years on average. Well-maintained water heaters last longer than those that are neglected. Aire Serv offers water heater services to ensure your water heater lasts as long as it possibly can.
What is the maintenance required for a tankless water heater?
Tankless water heaters need to be flushed on an annual basis. For homes with hard water, we recommend having your tank flushed every 6 months. Annual maintenance can save you money on repairs or replacement down the road.
Why is my tankless water heater not working?
There are many possible reasons that your unit is not working. It’s difficult to say what the issue may be without inspecting the system first. The experts at Aire Serv can pinpoint the issue for you and promptly handle the repairs.
Need other repairs? Our fellow Neighborly® home service brands can help:
- Your local Mr. Appliance® provides quality appliance repairs for your kitchen and laundry appliances.
- Have drywall that needs to be patched or repaired? Five Star Painting® provides professional drywall repair services!
- Running into plumbing issues or trouble with your gas line? Your local Mr. Rooter® Plumbing offers emergency plumbing services and gas line repair services.