Air Duct Cleaning in Flagstaff
Business & Home Air Duct Cleaning Services
Need to schedule a cleaning? Contact us at (888) 224-0848 for friendly and professional duct cleaning in Flagstaff.
Your home’s or business’s ductwork carries millions of seen and unseen contaminants and particles through the air every day. Because your system becomes dirtier with time and use, air duct cleaning is a fundamental service for improving and maintaining your indoor air quality. Aire Serv of North Central Arizona's HVAC experts understand the importance and the mechanics of thorough and routine air duct cleaning services. Put our local technicians to work on maintaining your home or business air ducts, today!
Why Do You Need Aire Serv's Air Duct Cleaning Services?
There are two main reasons home owners and business owners schedule air duct cleaning in Flagstaff: health concerns and unit inefficiency.
Dirty, contaminated ducts can harm the health of you, your family, and your associates. This is especially true for people with existing health conditions like asthma, allergies, or illness. If your family members are experiencing unexplained coughing, sneezing, headaches, nausea, or other symptoms of illness, you should consider investing in a thorough air duct cleaning.
Contaminants that could be lurking in your ductwork include these:
MoldLink opens in a new tab – Moldy ducts can be incredibly hazardous to your health. Mold typically
grows in duct systems that have been exposed to moisture. Mold is particularly
dangerous when in your HVAC system because it is then spread and circulated
through the air. If left untreated, airborne mold can cause allergic reactions
or even toxic poisoning.
Not all mold grows in visible areas, which is why you should take notice of any strange odors or any troubling health symptoms. If you believe mold is growing in your duct system, it is important to schedule a cleaning service inspection as soon as possible to mitigate the potential for health problems.
- Dust– If you or someone in your family struggles with asthma or allergies, the dust in your duct system can impact their comfort in your home. Dust will collect naturally in an HVAC system over time, hindering the quality of air in the space.
- Dirt – Like water, dirt can be incredibly harmful to your health if it’s in your duct system. Air ducts exhibiting signs of wear and tear or systems that have not been sealed properly can be at risk of dirt contamination. Regular inspections and proper duct installation can help prevent this form of contamination from impacting your health.
Pet Dander – Though not deadly, pet dander is one of the biggest contributors
to indoor allergies. If you own a a pet, your HVAC system can be clogged
with hair and dander, aggravating allergies and reducing the quality of
your indoor air.
There are numerous ways to reduce pet dander in your home, but if you are moving into a home that was previously owned by pet owners, your ductwork could already be impacted. A thorough duct cleaning can provide the clean slate your home needs.
It is common for vermin such as insects or rodents to make their homes inside a ductwork system. This can create a blockage in your system and spread germs from droppings or dead pests. If you notice or hear pests crawling in or out of any part of your HVAC system, schedule an air duct inspection and cleaning with our Flagstaff HVAC service professionals as soon as possible.
HVAC Unit Inefficiency
During a scheduled AC maintenance service in Flagstaff, a technician may recommend duct cleaning. That is because dirty ductwork can impact your system’s efficiency as it heats and cools your home.
As dust and debris build in your system, they can block passages and make it difficult for air to travel through. When air filters and ducts are clogged up, your air conditioner and heater need to work twice as hard. That means wasted energy for your home and wasted money for you.
Debris and dirt can also damage your unit. Unwanted particles can travel through the sensitive parts of your machinery, causing clogs, wear, and early breakdowns. Cleaning your ducts can maximize your unit’s longevity.
Many factors contribute to the condition of the interior of your air ducts—from daily wear and tear to improper installation and prolonged exposure to moisture or contaminants. A thorough duct cleaning might be just the thing your home needs.
How Often Should Air Ducts Be Cleaned?
At Aire Serv, we use recommendations from the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)Link opens in a new tab and the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA)Link opens in a new tab as a benchmark for our service recommendations. In tandem with NADCA’s suggestion, we recommend home and business owners with average HVAC system use engage a reputable service company for a thorough air duct cleaning and inspection every three to five years.
There are several situations that warrant additional cleanings:
- You’re moving into a new residence.
- You’re about to start or finish home renovation.
- Members of your household are experiencing unexplained allergies, asthma, or illness-like symptoms.
- You find or hear rodents or insects traveling in or out of your duct system.
- Your home or business has recently experienced water damage or mold contamination.
- Your pet sheds significant amounts of hair or dander.
- You live with individuals who smoke.
Aire Serv's Air Duct Cleaning Process
Our four-step air duct cleaning process will leave your air ducts performing like new!
Step 1: The Inspection Process
An experienced professional isn’t going to dive into your ductwork blindly. An Aire Serv technician will complete an initial inspection to garner a better understanding of what kind of cleaning will be most beneficial and if there are any toxic or hazardous materials to be handled, such as asbestos or mold. Without performing a proper inspection, a duct cleaning provider would likely cause more harm than good, spreading harmful debris into your air.
Step Two: Addressing All the Components
Throughout the cleaning process, your Aire Serv technician will address and service various HVAC system components, including these:
- Supply and return ducts
- Heating and cooling coils
- Diffusers and grilles
- Drip pans
- Fan housing and motor
- Air handling unit housing
Step Three: The Tools and How They Are Used
Common air duct cleaning tools:
- Air Whips
- Skipper Balls
- HEPA vacuums
Aire Serv technicians use brushes, whips, and skipper balls to dislodge dirt and debris from the air ducts. It is important that only soft-bristled brushes are used on fiberglass or fiberglass-lined ducts. The debris is then cleared away with a high-efficiency particle air (HEPA) vacuum or a vacuum that expels particles outside of the home or building.
Step Four: Quality Check
Professional service from Aire Serv includes a final check to ensure that the air duct system was not damaged and that any access holes used during the cleaning process are resealed. We’ll make sure your system is functioning properly and that no loose debris is spread throughout the home. Using the quality checklist provided below, you can ensure that your cleaning service has been complete and the service provided to you is what you were promised.
What to Expect After a Commercial or Home Air Duct Cleaning in Flagstaff
After air duct cleaning, you will likely witness lower energy bills and more efficient temperature control throughout your space. In addition, you may experience health benefits such as easier breathing, better concentration and fewer headaches or dizzy fits. We know that an incomplete job can be more hazardous than no service at all, due to loosened debris and contaminants in your air system. It is essential that your cleaning service is carried out thoroughly and professionally.
Here is a consumer checklist you can use to compare your service to the standard:
- Did the technician clean the entire duct system, including the coils, fans, drain pans, and humidifiers?
- Are you able to run the system after your cleaning service?
- Are the interior ductwork systems free of visible debris?
- If your system is made of fiberglass, is the material free of tears or damage?
- Are the access doors attached with rivets, screws, or another reliable mount?
- Is the amount of air leaking through the access doors slight to none?
- Are all spaces that supply or return air free of debris?
- Is the blower compartment free of debris?
- If you shine a light on the cooling coil, does the light pass through to the other side?
- Have both sides of the cooling coil been cleaned properly?
- Do the coil fins look straight and in place, as opposed to bent?
- Is the coil drain pan draining properly?
- Is the heat exchanger surface clean?
- Did the technician walk you through what they did and the final results?
If you answered yes to these questions, you should feel confident that the service provider did a quality, professional-level job.
At Aire Serv, our technicians uphold the highest level of workmanship and quality. Each member of our staff is trained on best HVAC service practices and takes pride in delivering the best customer service possible. When you schedule an air duct cleaning service with us, you can breathe easier knowing that we handled it the right way. Check out our Flagstaff customer testimonials to learn more!
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Just like your air ducts you can’t see inside your dryer vent! Using our video inspection camera, we can show you all of the dirt and lint that stays inside your dryer and vent once you have completed your laundry and cleared the lint trap. Lint will build up in the dryer, transition duct and exhaust duct which can reduce airflow and create a dangerous situation which can lead to overheating and dryer inefficiencies, and in some cases, fires. When moisture cannot escape it will invite mold and bacteria build up as well. By cleaning your dryer vent, we can help ensure your clothes dryer is both safe and energy efficient!
Lint is one of the most flammable items in your Flagstaff home! With estimates of 15,500 US home fires being contributed to dirty dryer vents, it is more important than ever to get your dryer vent inspected and serviced.
Dryer Vent Stats:
- In the Topical Fire Report Services, the US Fire Administration’s National Fire Incident Reporting System states that 84% of dryer fires were found in residential dwellings. The leading cause remains the same, Failure to Clean!
- 54% of the fires were confined to the object of origin- the clothes dryer.
Contact your local Aire Serv team to schedule an air duct cleaning service today. Call (888) 224-0848 to get started!