In Cary, our HVAC systems really take a beating. Hot humid summers with chilly winters give our heating and cooling systems a workout. Today, our airpro Carolina professionals are sharing the most common HVAC problems during the winter and how homeowners can prevent them.
- “I have decreased air flow from my vents and my air doesn’t feel as warm”. Dirty air filters are the most common reason for airflow issues. A dirty air filter in your home can eventually restrict the air flow and make your HVAC system work harder to cool or heat your home. Set a reminder on your calendar to change your air filters at least every month to help preserve the life of your system. Also, be sure that you have all of your air vents open!
- “My home has uneven heating issues”. If you have uneven heating problems between rooms of your home, then it may be time to have some regular maintenance done by our heating experts in Fuquay-Varina. Improper heating is often caused by drafts around doors, windows, or even leaks in your duct-work.
- “My thermostat isn’t working properly”. Don’t worry! Thermostat issues are very common. Majority of the time, it is an easy fix. Thermostat issues stem from needing to be re-calibrated, faulty wiring to something as simple as replacing the batteries. A broken or faulty thermostat can cause room temperatures to rise even though there is nothing wrong with your actual HVAC system.
- “My heat pump won’t turn on”. Wind chill mixed with low temperatures and icy weather can cause major malfunctioning problems for your heat pump. The fans inside your outdoor unit and the coils must be clear of frost or they will stop working altogether when freezing occurs. Many heat pumps simply fail to defrost in the winter season. That’s why it’s important to have our licensed HVAC experts service your unit before the cold weather hits. Our HVAC technicians will ensure your HVAC unit has automatic defrost settings so that it can melt away ice before thick layer begin to form.
- “I have frozen pipes on my outdoor HVAC system”. As winter approaches and cold temperatures arrive, you may notice an accumulation of ice on your outdoor HVAC pipes and coils. This can turn into a big problem because the pressure buildup in the frozen pipes will sometimes cause them to burst. In situations like these, you will want to turn off the water to your home and call a local heating and cooling company.
Is your furnace still having some winter HVAC issues? Our family-owned heating and cooling company in Apex can help. Our Aire Serv franchise offers free financing and free second opinions on heating and air repairs. Plus, we offer flat rate pricing and 100% client satisfaction.
Don’t spend another minute in a partially warm Raleigh home. Our heating repair experts arrive with fully stocked trucks with the exact spare parts your heating system needs!
As licensed contractors and specialists in the field of heating and air-conditioning, we have the tools, the equipment, and the experience to keep your equipment running smoothly all year long. Our Raleigh HVAC technicians and office staff respond with minimal wait time. Get HVAC service now by Aire Serv of Wake County!
Proudly serving the greater Raleigh area – servicing Wayne County, Sampson County, Johnston County, Harnett County, Moore County, Wake County, Lee County, and Cumberland County.