We will test the current quality of your air before recommending improvements that could include:
- Air duct cleaning. This is especially true if your ducts are visibly clogged or there is mold growth. We will uncover the source of the issue leading to this excess debris or mold to prevent the problem from reoccurring.
- Duct sealing. Properly sealed ducts are critical in ensuring the system is operating as it was designed to. This is a preventative measure to stop pollutants from getting inside the home.
- UVC protection. Ultraviolet radiation disinfects the air, inactivating certain viruses. The safest way to use UVC radiation is within the ducts themselves to avoid direct exposure to skin or eyes that may cause injury.
- Ionization. Another proactive air purification technology is ionization, which neutralizes airborne particles and bacteria.
What Are the Major Indoor Air Pollutants?
- Excess moisture. Where there’s too much moisture, there’s the opportunity for mold to grow. Where mold grows it destroys organic products in your home and starts allergy symptoms.
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs). All sorts of evaporated substances make up VOCs, including formaldehyde, gasoline, and pesticides. In the home, paints, aerosol sprays, and disinfectants can lead to toxic VOCs as well.
- Radon. A radioactive gas that enters the house from the ground, radon is a long-time known cause of lung cancer and cannot be detected in another way besides testing for it.
- Carbon monoxide. Like radon, carbon monoxide is odorless and cannot be seen, but can become detrimental if not addressed.
How Can You Improve Indoor Air Quality?
Our Aire Serv of Aggieland team is always here to help you ensure your home has the best possible air quality. A proper balance of the different techniques will blend your efforts together for better results.
Depending on your situation, we can recommend whether you’d benefit most from purification through UVC or ionization and discuss the possibility of using humidifiers or dehumidifiers to add to your level of protection.
If you need help improving your IAQ in Aggieland, don’t hesitate to call or get in touch online.