Need an AC service? Before calling us, you may be able to fix the issue on your own.
Here are seven common AC problems with some tips for resolving the issue:
- No Cooling. Check if the thermostat is set to "cool." Ensure the circuit breaker and power switch are on. If the air still isn't cold, there might be a refrigerant leak or compressor issue.
- Weak Airflow. A clogged air filter can restrict airflow. Replace the filter if it's dirty. Blocked or closed vents can also cause weak airflow.
- Uneven Cooling. Blocked vents, dirty coils, or an improperly sized AC can lead to uneven cooling. Ensure vents are open and clean and consider professional evaluation for proper sizing.
- Strange Noises. Rattling, buzzing, or banging noises could indicate loose parts or debris in the system. Turn off the AC and inspect for any obstructions or loose components.
- Constant Cycling. Rapid cycling might indicate a dirty air filter, low refrigerant, or issues with the thermostat.
- Warm Air. If the air isn't cooling, the thermostat settings might be incorrect, or there could be refrigerant or compressor problems.
- Frozen Coils. Poor airflow or refrigerant issues can cause evaporator coils to freeze. Turn off the AC and let it defrost before turning it on.
If these tips didn't work, or if you're concerned about your safety, don't hesitate to request a service. We offer "Anytime Service" so call us anytime!
Is it Worth Repairing or Replacing Your Air Conditioner?
While this choice can seem overwhelming, it doesn’t have to be made alone or blindly. Turning to a professional in Dublin AC repair can help you decide. We’ll confirm the cause of your home’s cooling issues.
If your AC needs constant repairs, you may want to think about replacing it. Otherwise, there are a few other factors that can be considered when choosing whether to repair or replace:
- Price of repair vs. replacement
- Current energy efficiency
- Age of your unit (is your AC older than 10 years?)
- Frequency of breakdowns and problems
After this, we'll give you all your options to restore your home’s comfort. Our Dublin AC repair professionals will always do their best to repair things first before talking about replacement.
Expert A/C Repair Near Me
If you need your air conditioning system repaired, give us a call today. Aire Serv will be there with you from start to finish with clear timelines, consistent communication, and high-quality work at every turn.
While we’re locally owned and operated, we’re also backed by an industry leader in AC repair. You and your family can rest assured knowing that you’re in trained, experienced, and professional hands with Aire Serv of Dublin, GA. Check out our recent testimonials to learn more about the services and experience we strive to provide.
Need Dublin AC repair? Look no further than our team of professionals – call us to request your appointment now!