Is your heater not working as it should be? Have you noticed unusually loud banging noises coming from your heater or furnace? Is your heater blowing cold air, yet somehow your heating bill is higher than ever? Our heater repair technicians in Middletown, DE will be there in a jiffy to help!
7 Signs Your Heater Needs Repair
- Abnormal Furnace Odor - Most initial furnace odors dissipate as the unit runs. However, if there is a strong smell around your unit or a scent that doesn't go away over time, you may have a problem. This could be due to a gas leak or excessive dust inside the unit.
- Difficulty Starting Unit - Overtime, wiring can become damaged inside of your unit. If you are experiencing difficulty starting your unit, it may be time to explore potential electrical or thermostat issues.
- Discolored Pilot Light - Your pilot light should always appear blue. If your pilot light changes color, particularly yellow, this could indicate a ventilation problem. Color can change when gasses like carbon monoxide aren't dissipating properly.
- Inadequate Heat - The most obvious signs of a heater issue is no heat or a low level of heat release. This is typically due to a leaking duct that allows treated air to escape.
- Persistent Sounds - All heaters make sound from time to time, but if you notice persistent or loud sounds coming from your heater, it's time to get it checked. Squealing or whistling noises can indicate a belt or fan issue.
- Poor Air Quality - If you notice more dust or dirt around your home, this can indicate a faulty unit. This can be resolved by simply replacing the filter, but you may also need professional ductwork cleaning.
- Tripped Carbon Monoxide Detectors - Your heater is designed to alert you in the presence of toxic gasses. If the detector goes off, immediately turn off your unit, ventilate your home and call a professional. Sometimes detectors just need to be replaced, but you should always thoroughly investigate first.
Professional Heater Repair Near MeAire Serv of Middletown offers fast, dependable heating system repair in Middletown and the nearby communities. We know how hard it can be when your furnace stops working unexpectedly in the dead of winter, and our proficient crew members will work quickly to restore heat to your home or business.
We offer reasonable rates that will stay the same regardless of the time of service. That means no overtime charges! Our company also offers flexible financing options. Reach out to Aire Serv of Middletown for prompt, reliable heating system repair in Smyrna, Dover, and Clayton. We take pride in being available on your schedule and delivering excellent customer care!