Frequently Asked Questions About Air Conditioner Repair
When Should I Replace My Air Conditioner?
Determining when to replace an AC unit can be a daunting task as it involves a significant financial investment, here are some signs that indicate it's time to replace your AC:
- Age of the System - If your AC unit is more than 10-15 years old, it's time to replace it.
- Consistent Breakdowns - If your AC is frequently breaking down and needing repairs, it's a sure sign that it's reached the end of its life span.
- Energy Consumption - If your AC is consuming more energy than it should and causing an increase in your electricity bills, it's time for a new system.
- Humidity Levels - If your AC unit is unable to maintain consistent humidity levels, it's a sign that it's not functioning as it should.
Why Is My Air Conditioner Freezing Up?
If your air conditioning system is freezing up, it's a sign of trouble. Some possible causes could be low refrigerant levels, blocked airflow, or broken fans. Also, clogged or dirty filters can cause an AC to freeze up. It's critical to address this issue immediately before it causes significant damage to your unit.
Why Is My Air Conditioner Leaking Condensation? Should I Be Worried?
Air conditioning units naturally produce condensation as they cool the air. However, if you notice excessive leakage or water damage, it's a sign of a more significant issue. Most commonly, a clogged drain line or broken condenser pump is the culprit for excessive leakage. Leaking water can cause damage to your walls and floors, hence should be addressed promptly.
- How Do Window Air Conditioners Work?
- Can I Run My Air Conditioner with Solar Panels?
- Why Does the Fan Keep Running on My Air Conditioner?
- How to Clean Air Conditioner Fins
Professional AC Repair Services Near Me
Aire Serv of Springfield takes pride in providing punctual service. So that you have a better idea of your options before we start your Springfield AC repair project, we'd be happy to prepare a written estimate for your job. For fast service in Springfield or the surrounding areas, call our team.
Our Services Include
- Perform Diagnoses and Tune-Ups
- Handle Installations and Upgrades
- Provide System Maintenance and Cleaning
- Stop Weird Noises or Vibrations
- Stop Refrigerant Leaks
- Restore Power to Units
- Replace Evaporator Coils
- Repair or Replace Defective Fan Motors
- Repair or Replace Defective Compressors
- Clear Clogged Condensate Drains
Request an appointment online for Springfield air conditioner repair!