Furnace Repair in Birmingham, AL
When the temperature begins to freeze over, you’ll want an insulated home where you can escape the cold! Luckily, Aire Serv of Birmingham is here to provide you with furnace repair, so you never have to worry about the safety of your home in the cold winter months. We serve Birmingham and its surrounding cities of Trussville, Vestavia Hills, Chelsea, Gardendale, and Hoover. Call us today, and we can add you to our list of happy customers!
Why Aire Serv?
Aire Serv is proud to be a company that keeps its customers' needs in mind. In doing this, we offer upfront pricing and never charge overtime, even on weekends or holidays. Heating disasters can rarely be predicted, and when you need us, we don't want a concern on pricing to hold you back! In our eyes, a service should be charged not by the hour but by the work completed.
Our 24/7 emergency services allow us to always have our customers' backs in their time of need. When you call us, you can expect one of our service professionals to arrive and clearly answer any questions or concerns before they get to work. We’ll keep you in the loop throughout the whole process and wow you with a job well done.
Symptoms of a Furnace Failure
Curious if you should call an HVAC professional for your furnace? Here are some of the major signs of a heating failure.
- The furnace is refusing to start up.
- After you turn it on and while it’s running, you hear strange noises.
- The blower is running continually.
- The main burner won’t stay lit for longer than three seconds.
- The pilot light is out.
- Even after the burners are lit, the blower never turns on.
Do these symptoms sound familiar? Contact us today at (205) 203-9366, and we'll send one of our experts over for a check-up! Better yet- stay on top of the health of your furnace with one of our preventative maintenance checks.
6 Common Furnace Issues
Our years of experience in the industry have let us identify the top six reasons why furnaces are causing problems.
- No Power - A quick solution could be turning the furnace switch or your breaker back on. If neither of these seems to work, it could use a diagnostic check-up in case of problems with the transformer, thermostat, control board, or blower motor.
- Failing Motor - A failing motor will give off squeaks and squeals. When you hear any of these, you’ll want to contact a service professional to save the heater from a potential breakdown.
- No Ignition - Rapid clicking noises indicate that the burner is trying to ignite. Failure to ignite may be because of a faulty control board, a blocked flue, or improper limit control. A quick repair or replacement of parts should get it running back to normal.
- Main Burner Problems - If a burner refuses to stay lit, a dirty flame sensor or clogged condensation drain could be the source of the problem. If it refuses to light at all, the gas supply could be cut off. In terms of repair, our workers should only need to make a few adjustments and clean key components.
- Issues with The Motor - Motor problems will cause the blower to not turn on after the burners ignite. Either replacement or continued troubleshooting can solve this issue.
- Clogged Air Filter - If a blower motor is running constantly, a clogged air filter could be the reason it’s unable to shut off. Restricted air flow might have damaged the limit switch, which will need to be replaced by an Aire Serv professional. When a clogged air filter just needs to be changed, our workers can instruct you on how to do it yourself in the future.
For more questions, feel free to give us a call at (205) 203-9366. Aire Serv of Birmingham is here to address any concerns and provide answers to your problems.