Home Humidifier Services in Birmingham, AL
The decision of whether to install a humidifier can be a tricky one. Air that is too humid or moist can lead to mold growth, while air that’s too dry can cause health problems. Luckily, Aire Serv of Birmingham employs a talented team of service professionals who will work with you to find the best possible fit for your home. We serve Birmingham, Chelsea, Gardendale, Hoover, Trussville, and the surrounding cities. From either whole home to portable humidifiers, we have multiple routes that you can take when deciding on the best option for you.
Contact us today at 205-203-9366, and we can get to work on scheduling an appointment! We're here and ready to serve you.
What is a Humidifier?
A humidifier is a unit that adds humidity to the air through either a process of evaporation, steam, impeller or ultrasonic. Some of the most common types include:
- Evaporative- This type of unit uses a membrane, wick, or fabric to soak up water. By using a fan or blowing against the membrane, the water is then evaporated. Evaporative humidifiers must be cleaned regularly, and the wick or membrane has to be replaced periodically to prevent mold from spreading and growing.
- Steam- By using a heating element, water is heated until it reaches a boiling point, emitting steam in the process. They're commonly used in situations with sick residents and work well in a small area. They don't require cleaning and self-regulate themselves. They are not encouraged to be used near children due to being burn hazards.
- Impeller- These units use a rotating disk to send water through a diffuser before breaking down into small droplets for mist. They are sometimes considered safer for children since they do not use heat, are low in price, are easy to maintain, and use less electricity.
- Ultrasonic- Through using ultrasonic vibrations, these units create humidified air without membranes or filters. They work best when they're kept filled with distilled water and will need to be changed regularly to prevent bacteria from spreading.
Whole-home humidifiers can come in two types of options: "flow-through" and "drum." Their purpose is to move moisture within the home, without having to set up individual portable versions accordingly. Although they are significantly more expensive than portable alternatives, they don’t take up a lot of room, require little cleaning and maintenance, and increase the value of a home in the long run. If you’ve been suffering from dry winters and climates, then this might be the best option for you!
Humidifier Health Benefits
When the air around you becomes dry and hard to breathe, a whole-home humidifier can be just what you’re looking for! Air that contains very little humidity will begin to soak up moisture from your skin, wooden floorboards, window frames, and furniture. Low humidity levels can lead to an abundance of health problems, such as, but not limited to:
- Dry throat and airways
- Dry skin
- Frequent coughs
- Eye irritation
- Bloody noses
- More colds and flu, since viruses love dry air
Why Choose Aire Serv of Birmingham?
Aire Serv of Birmingham is a company that is proud to look out for its customers! We offer years of experience in the industry and always put our clients' needs first. We can work around the clock to meet your needs and will never add on an overtime fee, even on weekends or holidays. We understand that sometimes life gets hectic and are willing to work with your schedule so that you can receive excellent services that will leave both you and your home happier and healthier.
Contact Aire Serv of Birmingham and be blown away by our upfront pricing and dependable service! We can be reached at 205-203-9366 .