While some of the signs you need air conditioning repair services are obvious, others might be issues that can only be detected through a professional inspection, so it’s important to schedule routine maintenance for your AC system. Some of the most common problems our technicians see include:
- The AC unit won’t turn on.
- Noises or vibrations during start-up or shutdown
- The unit hums, but the fan isn’t operating
- The fan runs, but the compressor isn’t working
- The unit is blowing out warm air
- Water is pooling around the AC unit
Providing Complete Commercial AC Services for Every Problem
The experienced technicians at Aire Serv of Madison provide comprehensive professional commercial air conditioning repair services. Whether you need your fan belt replaced or a new compressor, we can find an effective solution for all your needs. The most common reasons we’re called for commercial air conditioner repair include:
- No Power to the AC Unit – Having no power to your AC unit could be due to faulty wiring, a tripped breaker, or an overheated system that has shut itself off for safety reasons. Our technicians can fix the wiring, reset the circuit breaker, and make sure no vegetation is blocking airflow to the outdoor unit.
- Fan Belt Is Worn Out – Squealing sounds coming from your AC unit is a sign the fan belt is wearing out. If the fan belt ends up snapping before it’s replaced, the repairs could be expensive.
- AC Unit Has a Refrigerant Leak – Hearing a hissing sound is a common sign your refrigerant is leaking. This not only decreases the efficiency of the air conditioning unit, but it’s bad for the environment. Our technicians can recharge your unit and replace the tubing to prevent future leaks.
- Evaporator Coil Is Frozen – Frozen evaporator coils are caused by various things, making the air leaving the supply registers feel warm. If you suspect your evaporator coil is frozen, you should turn off the AC unit and call a technician to make the necessary repairs to prevent it from freezing in the future.
- Fan Motor Is Defective – Having a defective fan motor prevents proper air circulation throughout your home. Our technicians can either repair the motor or replace it if necessary.
- Compressor Is Defective – If the fan on your AC unit is running, but the air feels warm, the compressor is most likely defective and needs to be repaired. As one of the most expensive components of an AC unit, our technicians can discuss with you whether a compressor replacement is more cost effective than repair in this instance.
- Condensate Drain Is Clogged – Dirt and debris can clog the condensate drain over time, leading to potential water damage. Our technicians can flush the system and apply an algaecide to help prevent future clogs.
Prevent Future Issues With Maintenance Services Today
Scheduling annual commercial AC maintenance helps keep your AC system in tip-top shape, preventing the need for emergency repair services. In addition to scheduling annual professional maintenance, you can also take preventative steps to maintain your AC unit in between professional inspections, such as changing your air filter.
You can learn more about maintaining your system by consulting our commercial AC maintenance service page and checklist.
You Can Count on Our Complete HVAC Repair Services
When you need professional, reliable commercial HVAC services for your business, you can count on the expert technicians at Aire Serv of Madison. Our knowledgeable team can find a cost-effective solution for all your AC repair needs, from compressor replacement to fan motor repair. We’re on call 24/7 to offer commercial air conditioner repair when you need it most.
You can put your full confidence in us to professionally complete your commercial AC repair services in Madison, WI and the surrounding areas including McFarland, Middleton, Stoughton, and Waunakee. Schedule an appointment with us today!