Usually, you notice there is a problem with your furnace because the temperature in your home begins to drop. Identifying the source of the breakdown is the first step in returning your home to its previously cozy condition. This is sometimes easy and sometimes hard. While Aire Serv of Madison is always available to help you find the source of the issue, there are some key parts of your furnace that you may want to check first. You may not need a professional furnace repair company if it’s something minor, like relighting your pilot light. A few of the most common sources of furnace problems include:
- The blower is not circulating warm air
- The pilot light is not lit
- The furnace never turns on
- The blower is always running
- The furnace makes abnormal noises
- The main burner won’t hold a flame for more than three seconds
The Most Common Furnace Repairs
Your furnace is a complex machine with many different parts. Unfortunately, that makes it difficult to pinpoint the source of a problem. For instance, you may notice that air is not circulating through your home, even though your furnace seems to be heating. There are several different furnace repair services you could need in that situation. You could have a faulty motor, worn-out capacitor, or a clogged filter. Some of the most common furnace repairs include:
- Dying Motor – When your motor is reaching the end of its life, it will often begin to bang, rattle, or make screeching sounds. The blower may also turn on and off sporadically, sometimes running nonstop and other times turning off after a few seconds. In this case, you want to contact a furnace repair company to fix the problem before your motor completely fails.
- Power Problems – If you turn the temperature up on your thermostat and don’t hear the blower start, you might be dealing with an electrical problem. Some electrical issues are simple, like tripped breakers, loose wiring, and furnace switches that have been turned off. Other problems require a professional heating furnace repair team, like faulty thermostats, transformers, capacitors, control boards, or motors. Aire Serv of Madison uses cutting-edge diagnostics to pinpoint your furnace’s precise power problem.
- Bad Burners – Some burners won’t stay lit, only holding a flame for a few seconds at a time. This is often due to blocked flame sensors or condensate drains, both of which can be solved with a simple cleaning. If your burner won’t light at all, then gas is most likely not getting to your burner.
- Failure to Ignite – If you hear a clicking sound coming from your furnace, that is it trying to ignite the burner. When your furnace fails to ignite, the culprit can be anything from the control board to a blocked flue. This is a furnace repair service that is best performed by trained professionals.
- Filthy Filters – As your furnace filter gets dirty, it restricts the flow of air through your entire HVAC system. This can damage your limit switch, which will cause your blower to run nonstop. If your blower won’t turn off and your air filter is clogged, you probably need a furnace repair company to help you replace the limit switch.
- Not Blowing – If your furnace is warm and no air is coming through your vents, your blower is the source of the problem. Most of the time, this furnace repair service requires fixing or replacing the blower motor or capacitor.
Homeowners Trust Aire Serv of Madison
Aire Serv of Madison is the area’s favorite furnace repair company because we care about your comfort. We offer 24/7 emergency calls to make sure you have access to the help you need when you need it. We work on all makes and models and explain the furnace repair costs ahead of time. As a licensed and insured group of contractors, we are known as the most reliable company throughout McFarland, Middleton, Stoughton, Waunakee, and Madison, Wisconsin. To get in touch with our furnace repair technicians, call us directly or fill out our furnace repair contact form today!