Have Them Cleaned Today
Air quality is vital to having a healthy and happy home. When is the last time you had your air ducts cleaned? Take a look at this picture.
It was taken inside the ventilation system of an actual Aire Serv customer. The homeowner was breathing this dusty, dirty air day in and day out. YUCK! You never really know what is lurking in your ventilation system - that’s why it is imperative you have your air ducts cleaned. In fact, your ducts can accumulate up to 40 pounds of dust each year. You read right, 40 pounds!
Your air ducts may need cleaning if you see these signs:
- Dust, cobwebs, or other debris visibly blowing from ductwork/registers.
- Frequent bouts of illness or allergies among your family.
- Offensive odors from your ductwork or HVAC system.
- An air duct with permanent or long-term water damage.
- Mold, mildew, slime, or other microbial growth.Debris buildup that restricts air-flow.
- Evidence of insect or rodent infestation.
- Fiberglass ductwork, which collects contaminants more easily than sheet metal.
Pollutants building up in your home can result in not only unpleasant odors but also serious health issues, including these:
- Sore eyes
- Burning nose
- Worsening allergies
- Respiratory issues
During normal operation, dust can accumulate in ductwork that can lead to microbial growth. Duct cleaning has been shown to reduce this growth, as well as increase the efficiency of your system. In fact, in some cases of extreme buildup, it can increase efficiency as much as 40 percent.
How Are Air Ducts Cleaned?
Before cleaning After Cleaning
Duct cleaning depends on the extent of buildup in your ducts. A trained technician will inspect each air duct, opening all access panels. Once it is determined cleaning is necessary, equipment will be gathered to address your cleaning needs, including brushes and vacuum equipment specially designed to remove ductwork debris. In addition to cleaning supply ducts, return ducts, air vents, and diffusers, your system will also undergo routine cleaning and maintenance as well, addressing system components such as your heat exchanger, coils, drain pan, fan motor and housing, and system housing. This ensures thorough cleaning results as well as the smooth and efficient operation. In all cases of duct cleaning, it is also necessary to address the source of the dirty air duct to prevent recurrence, including moisture, water, dust, debris, pest contamination, and other pollutants.
Can I do it myself?
Poor air duct cleaning practices have actually been shown to decrease the air quality in your home. Be certain to protect your home and family by choosing a reputable air duct cleaning company in good standing with the National Air Duct Cleaning Association, whose strict requirements help ensure skillfully performed, effective cleaning.
Want to reduce the need for duct cleaning?
- Regularly change your air filter.
- Regularly schedule annual professional maintenance and cleaning.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices to reduce the likelihood of contaminants.
- Ensure air intakes are properly located.
- Have your ductwork regularly inspected.
Duct work have you wondering what’s down the proverbial rabbit hole? Don’t fear the unknown, contact Aire Serv® today and just breathe.