The National Fire Protection Association reported that an average of 15,500 U.S. fires started because of improperly maintained clothes dryers. Appliance specialists recommend cleaning your dryer vent at least once a year. This is because lint builds up in the dryer after each use. When this happens, it can clog the duct and block airflow. This causes the exhaust gasses to accumulate, leading to potential fires.
What are some causes of lint buildup?
- The duct run may be restricted
- The flex hose is crushed or damaged
- Condensation builds up in the conduit duct
- Birds and rodents build nests in the vent hood
These conditions are difficult to detect. If you are unfamiliar with your dryer vent, schedule an inspection with licensed professionals.
Signs Your Vent Needs a Cleaning
Few people regularly clean their dryers and vents. In fact, it is only when a problem arises that we realize we should have cleaned the dryer vents sooner. To prevent future appliance damage or fire hazards, make sure to regularly maintain your clothes dryer.
Signs your dryer vent needs a cleaning:
- Clothes take longer to dry
- You detect a burning smell
- The outside of the dryer and your clothes feel warm/hot
- The vent hood flap does not open properly
- It has been over a year since your last inspection
Experience the Aire Serv® Difference
At Aire Serv of Gold Country, our licensed technicians have years of experience cleaning and servicing dryers. They keep up-to-date on industry technology and methods to provide unparalleled service. Before you throw your next load of laundry into the dryer, check to see if it needs a cleaning.
For all of your dryer vent cleaning needs, contact our experts in the Gold Country. Call us to schedule a cleaning today!