Common Signs Your Heater Needs Service Soon
There are quite a few telltale signs that indicate a heater needs professional repair, including but not limited to:
- Strange noises –Furnaces are known to make some noise. That said, if your heater is hissing, wheezing, banging, clunking, or unusually loud, there may be something wrong with the unit.
- A yellow flame –A yellow flame can be a warning sign of an unwanted gas leak. If your gas furnace’s pilot light is not a healthy blue flame, give us a call right away.
- Your furnace won’t stay on –If your heater is cycling on and off or not turning on whatsoever, something is likely awry. It may be faulty wiring, a defective fan motor, or a weak pilot light. We are happy to troubleshoot the issue.
- High electricity bills –If you notice your gas and electric bills skyrocketing during colder months, it may be a sign that it is working overtime to keep up with your needs. A tune-up, repair, or replacement may be in order.
These are merely the more common heater issues. When your home is not getting warm, there may also be a problem with the heater’s thermostat, motor, ignition, burner, or wiring.
Our Sevierville and Seymour heating repair technicians are fully licensed, well trained, and ready to do everything in their power to restore your heater to working order.
How Often Should You Get a Heater Tune-Up?
It is recommended to get an annual heater tune-up (once a year) to make sure your heating system is ready when you need it.
Think of it like getting your car serviced—routine checkups can prevent an inconvenient (and sometimes dangerous) breakdown.
What Does a Heater Tune-Up Include?
During an annual heater tune-up, our technicians will check for any problems with your heating system by:
- Inspecting for potential gas and carbon monoxide leaks
- Testing the pilot light, thermostat, and gas burners
- Cleaning fan blades, coils, and other grimy spots
- Inspecting internal parts and making minor repairs
- Lubricating your heating system’s motor parts
- Replacing or cleaning the air filter
- Checking airflow
- And more!
In short, the service technicians at Aire Serv of Sevierville will thoroughly inspect your heating system and do whatever possible to improve its efficiency and performance.
Should I Repair or Replace My Heater?
It's always recommended to repair your heater when you can. Getting a whole new unit can be pricey. That said, buying a new heater can sometimes save you money in the long run.
When the repair cost is more than 50 percent of the cost of a new heater, or your furnace is over 15 years old, it may be time for a replacement. Whether we repair or replace your heater, you can always rest assured that we will back our services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
For expert heater repair advice about the benefits of considering a replacement unit, reach out to the technicians at Aire Serv of Sevierville.
Honest Prices & Flexible Financing
At Aire Serv of Sevierville, we strive to provide residential heater repair services at an affordable price. We always offer upfront estimates for our home heating repair services – charging by the job, not the hour.
We believe that you should enjoy a warm home without breaking your budget. That is why we are committed to offering fair and competitive prices with flexible financing options. Heating repair services can even save you money in the long run. By improving your heater’s energy efficiency, you can significantly cut down on wintertime gas and electric bills.