Dealing with furnace problems can be overwhelming and stressful, especially during the winter months when keeping your home warm is essential. Fortunately, our furnace repair experts are here.
Thanks to our comprehensive industry knowledge and the excellent selection of resources available to us, we can fix virtually any heater or furnace issue.
Our Salt Lake City heating repair team can:
- Fix pilot lights
- Stop strange noises
- Fix failing motors
- Return power to the furnace
- Fix no ignitions
- Fix main burner problems
Our furnace repairs guarantee reliable service and quick solutions, so you can rest assured knowing that all furnace concerns will be taken care of promptly. We even provide emergency furnace repair services as we know furnace problems can happen at any moment's notice.
At Harris Aire Serv, we want to be the local business that you can think of as your comfort company. Our Salt Lake City heater repair technicians are available 7 days a week.
Need quick heater repair in Salt Lake City? Call us or request your service online. We look forward to serving you!
Furnace & Heater Problems: DIY Troubleshooting Tips
As a homeowner, you rely on your furnace or heater to keep your home warm and comfortable during the cold SLC winter months. However, your furnace and heater can encounter problems from time to time.
Some issues may require professional assistance from a local furnace contractor, like Harris Aire Serv. However, there are several common problems you can troubleshoot and fix on your own.
This guide will help you identify these issues and provide step-by-step instructions on how to address them:
No Heat or Insufficient Heat
- Check the Thermostat. Ensure the thermostat is set to the desired temperature and switched to the "heat" mode.
- Replace the Filter. A dirty or clogged filter can restrict airflow, reducing heating efficiency. Replace or clean the filter regularly.
- Inspect the Circuit Breaker. Make sure the circuit breaker for your furnace is not tripped.
- Check Vents and Registers. Ensure that all vents and registers are open and unblocked. Furniture or drapes placed over them can disrupt airflow.
- Balance Dampers. Adjust the dampers on the ductwork to balance the heat distribution throughout your home.
Frequent On and Off Cycling
- Change the Thermostat Batteries. Low batteries can cause erratic furnace behavior.
- Replace the Air Filter. A clogged filter can lead to short cycling. Replace it to improve airflow.
Furnace Not Igniting or Pilot Light Problems
- Check the Gas Supply Valve. Make sure the gas line valve leading to your furnace is open.
- Relight the Pilot. If you have an older furnace with a pilot light, follow the manufacturer's instructions to relight it.
- Inspect the Ignition System. For modern furnaces with electronic ignition, check for visible damage or loose wires.
- Inspect for Loose Ducts. Loose ducts can create banging or popping sounds when the system turns on and off. Secure them with duct tape or call a professional for sealing.
Cold Air Blowing
- Check for Closed Dampers. Ensure that the dampers are open on all supply vents.
- Thermostat Calibration. Verify that the thermostat is calibrated correctly.
Furnace Won't Turn On
- Check the Power. Ensure the furnace is receiving power and the switch is on.
- Reset the Circuit Breaker. If the circuit breaker is tripped, reset it.
Remember that your safety is a priority when troubleshooting your furnace or heater. If you encounter a problem that you're uncomfortable or unsure about fixing, call our reputable furnace techs at Harris Aire Serv.
Need quick furnace repair in Salt Lake City? Call us today or schedule your service online. We offer Anytime Service!
24/7 Heater Repair Services Near Me
For your Salt Lake City heating repair needs, choose the team that can get the job done right the first time out. At Harris Aire Serv, we pride ourselves on being able to promptly solve problems both big and small.
Recognizing the diverse needs and concerns of customers in Salt Lake City, UT, our team takes a personalized approach to each and every project. We're backed several hundred positive reviews and we guarantee your service.
Why Choose Harris Aire Serv?
Instead of contenting ourselves with delivering high-quality work, we believe that you deserve nothing short of excellent customer service. From providing accurate written estimates to cleaning up before leaving your premises, our goal is to leave you satisfied from start to finish.
Why call us to fix your heater? Some reasons include:
- Our Anytime Service. We get that heater issues don't wait for convenient times. That's why we offer 24/7 emergency heater services.
- Our Professional Techs. We show up on time and in uniform, we wear shoe covers in your home, and offer friendly service. We stay up on the latest heater technologies to ensure you get high-quality service.
- Our Upfront Pricing. All heater or furnace repair pricing is discussed with you upfront. The price in the quote is the price you'll pay - no hidden fees.
- Our Warranty. As per our Neighborly Done Right Promise®, we stand behind our workmanship with a 60-day warranty.
- Our Special Offers. We love helping you save money. Head over to our special offers page to learn more.
We’ll take care of you and deliver amazing customer service from start to finish.
Visit our testimonials and reviews page to see why our customers love our furnace services. To schedule a service of your own, call us today.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the lifespan of a typical furnace?
If you take good care of your furnace, you can expect it to last about 15 to 20 years. It also depends on how often you clean your furnace and make routine repairs. Harris Aire Serv can help you do ongoing maintenance of your furnace so you can get the most out of it. When your furnace approaches the 15-year mark, you should consider looking into replacement furnaces just to be safe.
How often should I change my air filter?
The filters keep the soot and grime out of the air ducts. As a rule of thumb, you should replace the filter about once every 3 months, or 90 days. If you have pets, you might need to change yours every month or so.
Will duct cleaning help improve my heater’s performance?
Yes, clean air ducts can improve your heater’s performance. If your furnace isn’t heating your home as efficiently as it used to, it could mean that your air ducts are due for a cleaning.
Over time, dust and debris can build up in the air ducts connecting your furnace to the rest of your home, causing pressure buildup and gradual deterioration over time. Put your hands in front of the vents and see if you feel any hot air coming through. Our furnace repair HVAC technicians can help you clean them and keep the airways clear.
For more information about us or our heating and furnace services, call today. Or request your appointment online.