Is your water heater not working properly? Different signs can indicate issues with tankless, electric, or gas water heaters. If any of these red flags show up, it’s time to call in the professionals for a thorough inspection.
- No hot water (in all or part of your home)
- Running out of hot water more quickly
- Only cool or lukewarm water
- Discolored or smelly water
- Water heater leaks
- Noises coming from your tank
- Decreasing water pressure
- Your unit is old (about 7-10 years for a traditional tank model or 20 years for a tankless model)
Harris Aire Serv offers repair services for broken water heaters, including part replacement, tank flushing, and fixing leaky pipes. However, depending on the situation, you might consider replacing your heater instead. If you're frequently dealing with repairs on an inefficient older model, upgrading to a new unit is worth considering. And if you constantly run out of hot water, think about upgrading to a larger tank size.
Common Water Heater Problems We Fix
We understand the urgency of getting your water heater back up and running smoothly. Our expert technicians in Salt Lake City can repair a range of issues with water heaters, including:
- Broken thermostat: A faulty thermostat can result in cold water or improper heating. Avoid setting the thermostat too high; 120°F is recommended.
- Faulty heating element: If you're experiencing ice-cold or lukewarm water, it may be due to a failing heating element.
- Power failure: For electric water heaters, check if the circuit breaker has tripped. If not, there might be an issue with the wiring that requires professional inspection.
- Leaks and puddles: Various factors can cause leaks in your water heater. You can tighten loose heating element bolts yourself, but professional assistance is needed for repairing broken gaskets, stuck valves, or deteriorating temperature and pressure release valves. Corroded water heaters need to be replaced.
- Rusty, smelly, or metallic water: Rust indicates tank corrosion, while unpleasant odors often signal bacterial growth. Flushing the tank may help resolve smells temporarily, but hiring a service professional is recommended for replacing a deteriorating tank or old anode rod.
- Sediment buildup: This can cause strange noises and slow heating of the water. Flushing the tank on an annual basis usually prevents or resolves this issue.
- Pilot light and burner problems: Whether your pilot light won't ignite or your burner keeps going out, our skilled technicians can diagnose and address potential root causes.
Don't let water heater problems disrupt your daily routine—count on Harris Aire Serv to provide reliable repairs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your water heater broken? Here's how to determine if it needs repair or replacement:
Troubleshoot by checking thermostat settings, tightening heating element bolts, and inspecting circuit breakers. If quick fixes don't solve the problem, our service professionals will recommend repair or replacement.
What is the cost of a residential water heater?
The cost depends on factors like gas or electric, tankless or traditional, and the layout of your home. Get a personalized quote and water heater recommendations based on your lifestyle.
How to shower without a working water heater:
Take a bath instead! Fill your tub partially with faucet water, then add boiling water from the stove. Adjust the temperature to your liking. If you can't take a bath, mix cold and boiling water in a bowl for a sponge bath with soap.
Experience uninterrupted hot water at home with Harris Aire Serv’s top-notch water heater services. From seamless installation to reliable repairs and maintenance, we've got all your needs covered. Reach out to us for expert solutions now!