Your air conditioning unit kicked the bucket. Now what? It's time to make a call to your Dallas HVAC company for prompt service. After scheduling an appointment at a convenient time on the date our team is set to arrive, here's what you can expect during our efficient service.
Old Air Conditioner Removal and Duct Service
Air conditioners come in many different forms, but the most popular in Dallas are central units, split systems or ductless mini splits. Whichever kind of unit you have, removing each of them involves a slightly different process. More or less, we'll cut off the power to your AC, remove all of its components, and inspect your duct system (if you have one). Duct cleaning and modifications for your new unit may be required, so we'll need access to your attic and crawl space to ensure the installation of your new unit is completed correctly.
Air Conditioning Replacement Service
Once the old unit has been disassembled and your ducts are ready, we'll proceed with the air conditioning system installation. Split systems and ductless mini-split systems are installed differently, but whichever type you have chosen, we'll install it according to the manufacturer's specifications. Each part of your air conditioning unit will need to be connected, including the evaporator, condenser, refrigerant supply lines, air filters, condensate drain lines, and condensate pump. Additional parts may include the outside compressor and thermostat, but these apply to select types of units only.
Testing & Tips
After your new air conditioning equipment is installed, we will test the unit to make sure of its proper function. We'll charge the system with new refrigerant, inspect the setup once more, and walk you through its basic features to help you have a full understanding of how to use it. If you have any questions, now is a good time to ask them.
Choose Aire Serv for Air Conditioning Replacement in Dallas, TX
Is it time for air conditioning replacement in Dallas, TX? Then, you need the help of an experienced professional who can examine the condition of your current air conditioning system, assess your needs, and make a good recommendation for a unit that will be both efficient and cost-effective. We're in the business of customer satisfaction, and that means offering cost-efficient solutions and convenient services. Read on to discover more about our services, repair team, and values.
Expert Air Conditioner Service Professionals
Our skilled service professionals receive constant ongoing training on the latest technologies, systems, and major brands, so they have the expertise to help you make an informed decision about your cooling needs for projects such as air conditioning replacement in Dallas, TX. The air conditioning experts at Aire Serv are dedicated to unbeatable service, and customer satisfaction is always our top priority. At the time of your air conditioning inspection or replacement, we'll arrive promptly for your appointment—in uniform and driving a marked van—then take the time to thoroughly investigate the situation and answer any questions you may have to ensure that we find the ideal cooling solution for your Dallas home.
Upfront Pricing & No Overtime Charge
Tired of being surprised by the bill after you get home services? We've eliminated that worry by always charging upfront, honest pricing so you know exactly what you'll be paying before we begin working on your air conditioning replacement in Dallas, TX. You can count on us to never charge overtime fees, so our 24/7 emergency services cost the same in the middle of the night or on a holiday weekend as they do any other time.
Done Right Promise
We offer stress-free HVAC services by standing behind our Dallas service professionals and workmanship with a guarantee: if it's not done right, we promise to make it right–and that's not something every air conditioning company or solo contractor is willing to promise. If you happen to experience any issues with our quality of workmanship within a year of your service date, don't hesitate to give us a call.
We know how valuable your HVAC unit is to your family's comfort, and that's why we offer round-the-clock service to ensure you get the repairs you need when you need them most. Without overtime fees, you can feel free to call us at any time without the fear of an overpriced bill. Our affordable service prices remain the same no matter what time of the day you call us. Get installation service and air conditioning maintenance plans on your schedule and stay comfortable all year long.
Would you like to learn more about our air conditioning installation process, HVAC experts, or values? Call today or contact us online to speak with a representative. You can also check out customer testimonials, browse our photo gallery, or meet the team!
Whether you're looking for air conditioning repair, heat pump repair, or emergency repairs, you can count on our qualified team for help today.
FAQs About Air Conditioner Replacement: Dallas, TX
Do you have some questions about our services or need some advice about AC replacement in Dallas, TX? Give us a call to chat with our friendly customer service staff, or find the answers to some common questions below.
What Are the Signs That Dallas AC Replacement is Necessary?
One of the most common questions we are asked is: should I do AC repair or replace my air conditioner? In some cases, it is possible for our service professionals to perform a few simple air conditioning repairs and get your AC up and running, but there are certain situations in which Dallas AC replacement is a much better choice, both financially and to keep your home at a comfortable temperature. Here are some telltale signs to watch for.
- Old AC Unit: While conditioning units in some parts of the world may last as long as 20 years, the expected lifespan decreases dramatically in a hot climate where air conditioners are used for longer periods of time and must work much harder to cool homes. In Dallas, if your air conditioner is more than about ten years old and is showing signs of trouble that indicate it needs air conditioning replacement, homeowners typically find that costly repairs aren't really worth it because it's nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Extensive or Expensive Damage to Your Air Conditioner: When damage is so extensive that air conditioning repair would cost more than a whole new unit, the obvious choice is air conditioning replacement in Dallas, TX. Air conditioning systems don't last forever, so there's no point in trying to keep an old or severely damaged air conditioner unit in the game. Or, it may be that the damage isn't that extensive, but one of the most expensive components has stopped working. The compressor coil is one of the most costly parts of your conditioning unit; if it breaks, replacing the whole unit is usually more cost-effective than repairs or trying to replace just the compressor.
- Frequent Air Conditioner Repairs: Does your Dallas HVAC system frequently experience problems that require HVAC repair? If you've got your Dallas air conditioning repair service professional on speed dial, that's a clear sign that you need to replace the unit. It's going to keep struggling, and when you add up the cost of all those repairs, it just makes sense to get a replacement and get your peace of mind back.
- Low Energy Efficiency Ratio: If your AC is not energy efficient, it can cause a whole host of problems. It's not environmentally friendly, and it is causing your utility bill to skyrocket as it sucks up more and more energy trying to cool your Dallas home inefficiently. You'll actually save money in the long run with a new air conditioning replacement in Dallas, TX. And often, homeowners appreciate that it'll be kinder to the planet as well.
Is There a Minimum Requirement for Energy Efficiency With Air Conditioner Replacement?
Yes, there are legal requirements for air conditioner energy efficiency set by the U.S. Department of Energy. The efficiency of AC units is rated by a seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER). As of 2023, ACs installed in the Southeastern region of the United States—including Texas—must have a SEER rating of 15 or higher.
These energy conservation standards have a huge impact on energy usage throughout the region, reducing both the environmental toll of our AC usage and your individual energy costs when you get a new installation, such as an air conditioning replacement in Dallas, TX. Our HVAC service professionals aren't permitted to perform Dallas AC installation for a unit that doesn't meet the minimum SEER rating, so it's important to make sure your new unit is in compliance with the current standard.
What Else Do I Need to Consider When Choosing a Dallas AC Replacement?
When you've made the big air conditioner replacement decision and are ready to start looking for a new AC unit, there are a lot of top-notch cooling systems available—but what's best for your home's needs? Before we look at the various types of systems available, there are three key factors you must consider.
The climate we experience here is one of the most important factors to keep in mind while looking for a new system for air conditioning replacement in Dallas, TX. Humidity, temperature, and overall climate make a big difference in the type, size, and price of the unit you can get away with. Getting a smaller, weaker unit designed for northern climates just isn't going to cut it in Texas, and you'll find yourself uncomfortable and looking into yet another replacement sooner rather than later.
If your current heating system relies on radiant or baseboard distribution and you don't have ductwork already installed, one-room units or ductless mini-splits may be a better option to avoid expensive air duct system installation costs.
What Types of Units Work Best in Dallas?
After learning about some important considerations for choosing a new air conditioner, you should take a look at the general types of equipment available:
- Split System & Package ACs: These are both standard central air conditioning systems. The difference is that a package system combines heating and cooling in one unit, while a split system separates the heater and AC into separate units.
- Ductless Mini-Splits: The need for ductwork is removed with these systems, which link individual units in each room to an outdoor compressor. They are a good solution for older homes that don't have ducts already installed.
- Portable, Wall, & Window Units: These self-contained, ductless units are capable of cooling one or possibly two rooms and don't require an outdoor compressor, but they aren't going to be able to efficiently cool an entire house.
- Evaporative Coolers: Also known as swamp coolers, these AC units use evaporation to remove heat and work best in climates with dry heat. Because the average humidity in Dallas is around 60 to 70 percent, they're not the most effective option for this part of Texas.
How Long Do Residential AC Units Last in Dallas?
Because air conditioning units have to work extra hard in Dallas, they don't necessarily last as long as units in colder climates. You can expect to get about ten years out of your system before it needs air conditioning replacement in Dallas, TX. You should note that its lifespan can often be increased by regular maintenance and air conditioner repair services.
My Upstairs Doesn't Get Cool. Do I Need a Bigger Air Conditioner?
Actually, the size of your AC unit may not be the issue. Heat rises, so you may find that your top floor isn't as comfortable as the main floor. This is because the cool air that is expelled upstairs sinks downstairs, where your thermostat is located, and tricks it into thinking the temperature is just fine throughout the house. A bigger central air conditioner unit can't solve this problem because it'll only cool to the point that the thermostat tells it to. In this situation, a supplemental cooling system for upstairs, such as a ductless heat pump, might be the most effective option for Dallas homeowners.
Do I Have to Replace the Whole AC or Just the Evaporator Coil?
We often hear this question from Dallas homeowners with a faulty evaporator coil, and it is understandable—why replace the entire system when there is only a problem with one component? It may actually be possible to replace just the evaporator coil, but the problem is that evaporator coils are one of the most expensive parts of your AC, and replacing it can be a huge hassle that isn't really worth it in the end. If your coil is mismatched to your system, it can cause issues that will cause the whole system to break down much sooner than it should. It can also lead to a refrigerant leak, and liquid coolant is a major health hazard that should be avoided at all costs until you can get expert air conditioning replacement in Dallas, TX. The service professionals at Aire Serv will do everything they can to find the most cost-effective, safe solution for repair or replacement.
How Much is a Replacement Air Conditioner in Dallas?
Because there are so many options available and factors to consider for air conditioning replacement, our HVAC professionals can't give you an accurate price estimate without first evaluating your current system and understanding what you need from the new unit. However, once we've assessed the situation in person, we'll be able to tell you how much you should expect to pay for your replacement. You can sometimes save money by replacing your furnace at the same time.
If your furnace is only a few years old and in great shape, there is no point in replacing it—it may just need some basic heating service, such as electric or gas furnace repair, to run at maximum efficiency. But, if it is more than ten years old and showing signs of trouble, it is a good idea to replace both at the same time.
What Are The Benefits of Air Conditioning Replacement in Dallas, TX?
The main hold up when it comes to air conditioning replacement in Dallas, TX? Residents are sometimes reluctant because they're thinking about the hassle and expense of it all, which is understandable—but it truly is worth it in the long run. Here are a few of the biggest advantages of AC replacement in Dallas, TX.
- Lower Energy Costs. In Dallas, cooling makes up a large percentage of our overall energy costs, and that price is inflated if you're running a system that is not energy efficient. Nobody wants to pay more than they have to, especially when they can get the same cooling and heating service for much less if they invest in air conditioning replacement in Dallas, TX. Residents who replace their old unit with an air conditioner that has a higher seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) rating will lower their monthly bill and net huge energy savings in the future.
- More Comfortable Home. Living in a hot, humid, sticky home that doesn't have sufficient AC power isn't just a minor inconvenience, it's a big problem that affects everyone in the house around the clock until you get professional air conditioning replacement in Dallas, TX. Property owners can count on their new cooling system to banish humidity and get the house frigid enough to see their breath in the air if that's what they want it to do.
- Indoor Air Quality. As the air moves through your system and into your home, it passes through a filter that cleans and purifies the air, making it safer for you to breathe. However, when the filter becomes clogged with contaminants such as dust and pollen, it has the opposite effect and can even trigger allergy symptoms. A new unit will have improved air purification capacities to help you and your family breathe easy.
- Environmentally Friendly Air Conditioning. Newer systems use less energy resources, which is easier on the environment when you get a new air conditioning replacement in Dallas, TX. Homes with a system that still uses Freon (also known as R22 or HCFC-22) are having a negative impact on the environment—which is why Freon was phased out in 2020. New models now use Puron or R410A refrigerant, which is far less harmful.
How Can I Avoid AC Replacement for Longer?
Regular preventative air conditioner maintenance is the best way to keep your AC and your entire heating and cooling system in excellent shape for as long as possible so you can avoid the need for premature air conditioning replacement in Dallas, TX. Residents often find that annual, professional maintenance services have a number of big benefits, including extending the lifespan of your system, avoiding the need for major repairs, and keeping your energy costs in check by keeping your AC running at peak efficiency.
You can help maintain your AC system by trimming trees and bushes near the outdoor compressor unit so they are at least a couple of feet away to prevent moisture-laden leaves from brushing up against the unit. Also, keep items like sports equipment, toys, or lawn care tools away from the compressor unit as much as possible.
Can I Handle An AC Replacement in Dallas By Myself?
If you're asking this question, the answer is probably not. When it comes to DIY air conditioner replacement, Dallas homeowners can likely replace a simple window unit on their own without too much trouble, but more complex AC systems can be dangerous and require the help of a Dallas professional who is trained in handling them safely. Professional air conditioning service will also ensure that everything is installed correctly and the system isn't taking undue damage, which will necessitate another replacement in the near future.
Time for Air Conditioner Replacement in Dallas, TX? You Can Rely On Aire Serv
When in need of air conditioning replacement in Dallas, residents and those in nearby areas, such as Garland, Irving, or Carrollton, can rest assured that you'll benefit from the qualified experience and excellent service provided by the team at Aire Serv of Dallas.
Pick up the phone and contact us today to book a convenient service appointment or to find out more about how we can make your home more safe and comfortable so you can breathe easy!