AC Repair in Humble, TX
Air Conditioning Repair in Humble, TX from Your Local HVAC Repair Experts
Humble residents understand heat. From May to October, highs can reach over 90 degrees on average. With those kinds of intense temperatures, your air conditioning unit needs to be in top shape for most of the year.
At Aire Serv of Kingwood, we understand what it’s like to deal with summer temperatures in Texas. Our air conditioning service in Humble, TX is unparalleled. We offer 24/7 customer service for any HVAC emergency.
If your air conditioner isn’t working at 100%, we want to know about it. Our team wants to ensure you and your family are comfortable throughout the year. For quick, efficient, and skilled service from licensed AC repair technicians, just give us a call!
Contact us online or call us at (281) 528-4105!
Common Air Conditioning Problems in Humble, TX
Sometimes, when an air conditioner needs repair, it’s not always obvious. Some AC units continue to work, they just function less efficiently than they could. Most AC unit issues can be boiled down to around ten problems:
- Dirty filter
- Thermostat malfunctions
- Refrigerant leaks
- Breaker or fuse issues
- Broken capacitor
- Drainage issues
- Evaporator coil issues
- Condenser coil problems
- Nonfunctioning compressor
- Broken contactor
If you’ve already replaced your air filter and ensured your thermostat is on, it may be time to contact a professional for further investigation. Our Humble air conditioning repair team is here to help!
Repairing Versus Replacing Your Air Conditioner
With proper maintenance, air conditioners can last for years. However, no matter how diligent you are, sometimes there’s no fixing your old unit. Most air conditioners last anywhere from 15-20 years. If your unit is any older than that, it’s possible you might be spending more on fixing your unit than you need to. Aire Serv of Kingwood can help you determine whether it would be less expensive to continue maintaining and fixing your current AC unit or whether it would be cheaper to replace the unit completely.
There are also some conditions in a household that could cause your unit to work harder than it normally should. If the air filters aren’t changed regularly, your AC unit will be working harder to blow air through the filters than they would if the filters were clean, putting further strain on your system. Households and businesses with pets can also be an issue. Many pets shed on a regular basis, especially as we get closer to the summer months. Extra dander in the air can clog up your air filters faster, putting additional pressure on your AC unit.
Signs you may need to replace your air conditioner:
- Your AC isn’t blowing cold air.
- Your AC is blowing less air than normal.
- Your AC unit won’t turn on at all.
- There is leakage around the AC unit.
- The AC unit is making stranger or louder noises than usual.
- Some areas of the house or business are not getting cooled down.
- Your unit is more than 15 years old.
- You’re spending more money on repairs than you would on a new unit.
Once our team arrives at your home or business, our Humble AC repair technicians will be able to inspect your air conditioner and give you an estimate on what it would cost to fix the unit. If our Humble AC repair team determines that you might need a replacement, we can help you choose a new model that suits your budget and your needs. We can also install your new air conditioning unit! Whatever you decide, we will only charge you for our service, not for the hours we spend completing it.
To request a new appointment, give us a call at (281) 528-4105 today!
What Kind of Cooling System Should I Get?
Replacing your AC unit can be a tough decision. In today’s HVAC world, you have a lot of options to choose from. When determining what the right type of unit might be, you should consider a few things:
- Climate: Humble, TX can be hot and humid in the summer. Given the usual temperatures and level of moisture in the air, we wouldn’t typically recommend a swamp cooler for your new unit. Swamp coolers work best in dry, arid environments.
- Existing System: What does your current AC system look like? If you already have a central AC system installed, getting a new one will likely only require buying a new AC unit. If you have a window unit, on the other hand, installing a new central air system might improve your summers, but there could be additional costs if we need to install ductwork and insulation in your home or business.
- Energy Costs: Running the air conditioner can cost you a pretty penny during the summers. In some cases, running the AC can account for 50% or more of your energy bills when Humble starts to reach the high 80s. New AC units are often more energy-efficient than older models, so choosing a new air conditioner can ease the pressure on your utility bill in the long run.
New air conditioners are also required to have a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) rating of 13 or higher. Checking out what options you have, and their energy ratings, could help you decide.
Call About our Air Conditioner Installation in Humble, TX
If you’re ready to replace your old unit or install a brand new air conditioner for the first time, give our team at Aire Serv of Kingwood a call. Humble, TX residents love our friendly, professional, and efficient team. Check out our reviews from past customers! In addition, our AC repair technicians are certified, experienced, and backed by the Neighborly™ brand.
Air Conditioner Maintenance
If you think your unit might just need some routine TLC, we can also help with that. Our AC maintenance service is designed to prevent air conditioner problems in the future. Before the temperature starts to rise, now would be a great time to prepare for the hot Humble, TX summer by getting your air conditioner checked out by our HVAC maintenance team. We recommend you schedule regular maintenance on your air conditioner at least once a year to help prevent costly repairs.
For more information about our AC service in Humble, TX, give us a call and request an appointment today!