The autumn and winter seasons in Sioux Falls mean dropping temperatures and days of snow. On these cold days, your home furnace quickly becomes one of the most important household appliances. When your furnace cannot produce the heat you need to stay safe and comfortable, turn to the experts at Aire Serv of the Sioux Empire. Our service professionals offer furnace repair, replacement, maintenance, and more to ensure your furnace stays reliable even when temperatures fall below freezing. Our services include home furnace services as well as commercial furnace repairs, replacements, and more.
At Aire Serv of the Sioux Empire, we believe in offering upfront prices and never charging overtime. With us, you’re paying by the service, not by the hour, which can help your wallet and bring you peace of mind. Our professionals are qualified and knowledgeable from years of experience under their belt. From Sioux Falls to Rapid City, Aberdeen, Brookings, Watertown, Mitchell, and beyond, we are here to keep your furnace in the best shape possible for as long as possible.
Keeping Warm with Furnace Repair Services
You don’t want to spend snowy winters without reliable indoor heating in Sioux Falls! Aire Serv of the Sioux Empire is ready to provide quality furnace repair, guaranteeing you’re never left in the cold. When you need regular furnace repairs or are facing a heating emergency, we’re the ones to call. During a furnace repair appointment, we will make sure to inspect the entirety of your system before determining the components that need repairs. We can provide additional system services, including thermostat repairs and replacement if needed.
Symptoms of a Furnace Failure
Heating equipment is made of many parts, and when one piece malfunctions, it can cause inefficiencies and further breakages in the entire system. Some of the most common signs you need furnace repair are the following:
- The furnace refuses to start up.
- You hear strange noises while it’s running.
- The blower is running continually.
- The main burner won’t stay lit for longer than three seconds.
- The pilot light is out.
- The blower doesn’t turn on, even with lit burners.
Common Furnace Issues
There are multiple reasons your furnace may stop providing heating to your home or office. Some regular problems furnaces face include a lack of power, clogged air filters, and more.
- No Power - If your furnace isn’t responding, the source of the problem could range from a tripped breaker to loose wiring. More difficult fixes could be with the transformer, thermostat, control board, or blower motor, in which case, you’ll want to schedule a diagnostic test.
- Failing Motor - A failing motor is recognizable by the loud squeaks and squeals it produces. To avoid a total furnace breakdown, contact an expert as soon as possible if you hear these noises.
- No Ignition - You will hear rapid clicking noises when the burner is trying to ignite. If there’s no ignition, it could be a problem with a faulty control board, a blocked flue, or improper limit control. A quick repair or replacement of parts should solve the issue.
- Main Burner Problems - A dirty flame sensor or clogged condensation drain can keep a burner from staying lit. When a burner refuses to light, it could be due to a cut-off gas supply. Luckily, it can be a reasonably simple fix with a few adjustments and possible cleaning of components.
- Issues with The Motor or Run Capacitor - Both problems will cause the blower not to turn on after the burners ignite. Replacement can solve an issue with a capacitor, but a motor may require continued troubleshooting.
- Clogged Air Filter - A clogged air filter is typically the leading cause behind a blower motor running constantly. Airflow that has been restricted can damage the limit switch, messing with the entire temperature of the system. Our professionals can replace your switch and clean or replace your air filter.
Reach out online or by giving us a call. We can answer your questions and set up an appointment with one of our talented technicians. With Aire Serv of Sioux Empire, you’re in good hands.
Installing or Replacing Your Furnace.
When you have increasing furnace repairs or wear that decreases the efficiency of your unit, consider a furnace replacement. Keeping an old or often-used furnace can lead to more breakdowns and more money spent to keep your home comfortable. If you are considering a furnace replacement, our experts are happy to walk you through your options for a new system, including switching heating types. We’ll help you decide what the best choice is for your home or business and expertly install your new unit.
When Do You Need a Furnace Replacement?
Your furnace will give signs when it is past time to schedule repairs. If you are trying to decide whether a furnace replacement is suitable for you, consider the following:
Age - Furnaces tend to operate their best for the first ten years of their lives. If your furnace is over ten years old and used frequently, it may be more cost-effective to schedule a replacement instead of expensive repairs.
Repairs - Older or well-used furnaces need more repair to keep running efficiently. Continuing to run an old unit, scheduling frequent furnace repairs, and yearly maintenance can cost time and money, which can often be remedied with an updated system.
Energy Bills - Older or frequently broken furnaces use more energy to operate to the same level. A replacement may be the better choice if you notice rising heating bills without a change in the amount of heat. A furnace replacement can lower your energy bills by functioning more energy-efficiently.
Daily Comfort - Your furnace’s main job is to keep your home or business comfortable. If cold air or uneven heating stops comfortable temperatures, a furnace replacement may be the solution to restore comfort.
Furnace Replacement Options
Three main types of furnaces are available on the market, distinguished by their fuel type.
Natural gas furnaces are the most used type of furnace in most homes. They are often chosen for their efficiency and use of more affordable fuel.
Oil furnaces are becoming less used as time goes on. However, they still offer excellent dependability and are an eco-friendly choice for heating. They are popular in areas where there is no access to natural gas.
Electric furnaces offer the most affordable installation and upfront cost. These furnaces are more prevalent in warm climates since running heating on electricity is more expensive and can take longer.
Aire Serv of the Sioux Empire also offers service for additional heating types, including air-source and geothermal heat pumps.
When your home or business needs a furnace replacement, turn to Aire Serv of Sioux Empire. We’re happy to help you find a furnace option that works for you. Schedule with our experts today.
Maintaining Your Furnace
The experts at Aire Serv of the Sioux Empire recommend scheduling a furnace maintenance appointment twice yearly to ensure your unit is reliable year-round. Not only does maintenance keep your furnace running, but it decreases the amount of expensive furnace repairs you will need and lengthens your HVAC system’s lifespan. We will examine the furnace unit during maintenance and look for potential issues. We can fix many minor repairs on the spot and will let you know if there are components that may be a problem later on. During your appointment, we will also clean the system and, if needed, replace or clean the air filter. With Aire Serv of the Sioux Empire’s professional eye, you can rest easier knowing your furnace will perform when needed.
Regular maintenance can offer a variety of benefits, including:
- Identification of repairs before a complete breakdown
- Increased efficiency
- Prevention of HVAC emergencies
- Decreased energy bills
- Better indoor air quality
- Extended system lifespan
Choose Aire Serv of the Sioux Empire for Your HVAC Needs
Aire Serv of the Sioux Empire is proud to offer furnace repair, replacement, and maintenance services along with other heating services to make even the coldest winters comfortable. We provide HVAC service to residential and commercial properties, ensuring safety and comfort wherever you go. Contact our service professionals for any of your HVAC needs, including air conditioning services, duct cleaning, water heater repair, and much more. When you need quality service from trusted, licensed professionals, we can handle it.