Here at Aire Serv Heating & Air Conditioning, we believe in offering upfront prices and never charging overtime. With us, you're paying by the service, not by the hour, which can help your wallet and bring you some peace of mind. Our technicians are qualified and knowledgeable, with years of experience under their belt. We can help advise you on your different options and arrange to find a plan that works best for you.
In your time of need, Aire Serv has got you covered. We offer 24/7 emergency appointments so that we can be there when you need us. With us, professional and courteous help is only just a call away.
Signs You May Need Furnace Repair
Heating equipment is made up of many parts, and when one-piece malfunctions, it can hurt the entire system. Some of our most common calls are because:
- The furnace refuses to start up.
- After you turn it on and while it’s running, you hear strange noises.
- The blower is running continually.
- The main burner won’t stay lit for longer than three seconds.
- The pilot light is out.
- Even after the burners are lit, the blower never turns on.
If any of the previous symptoms sound familiar, call a professional. Don’t delay any longer.
Top Reasons Furnaces Stop Working
After years of experience, we've narrowed down six of the most common reasons why furnaces shut down. This can look like this:
- No Power - If your fan isn’t responding, a tripped breaker, a furnace switch turned off, or loose wiring could be the source of the problem. More difficult fixes could be with the transformer, thermostat, control board, or blower motor, and in that case, you’ll want to schedule a diagnostic test.
- Failing Motor - A failing motor will give off loud squeaks and squeals. To avoid a total furnace breakdown, contact a technician as soon as possible if you hear these noises.
- No Ignition - With spark ignitions, rapid clicking noises will show that the burner is trying to ignite. If there’s no ignition, it could be a problem with a faulty control board, a blocked flue, or improper limit control. A quick repair or replacement of parts should solve the issue.
- Main Burner Problems - A dirty flame sensor or clogged condensation drain can keep a burner from staying lit. When a burner refuses to light at all, it could be due to the gas supply being cut off. Luckily, with a few adjustments and possible cleaning of components, it can be a fairly simple fix.
- Issues with The Motor or Run Capacitor - Both problems will cause the blower to not turn on after the burners ignite. Replacement can solve an issue with a capacitor, but a motor may be in need of continued troubleshooting.
- Clogged Air Filter - A clogged air filter is typically the main cause behind a blower motor running all the time. Restricted airflow may have damaged the limit switch, off-putting the entire temperature of the system. Our technicians can replace your switch and teach you how to replace your air filter if it ends up being the root of the problem.
Contact Aire Serv of Sioux Empire for Furnace Repair Today!
We hope these tips were able to help you. For more questions and information, contact us. We can answer your questions and set you up for an appointment with one of our talented technicians. Looking to protect the life of your heating system throughout the years? We offer maintenance checks, saving you from future costly repairs and breakdowns.