Reasons Your AC May Not Be Working Properly
There could be several reasons you're facing issues with your home's AC system. There are many signs you can look for that may indicate that you are in need of AC repair services from a professional HVAC technician. We've outlined a few reasons your AC may not be working properly:
- Clogged air filter
- Broken or malfunctioning capacitor
- Fan or fan motor problems
- Temperature control problem
- Evaporator coils are frozen
- The unit is leaking water
Common Signs You Need AC Repair
As temperatures rise during summer, your AC unit will be working hard to keep you cool and comfortable. However, AC units are not always built in such a way that they can endure long-term use without an occasional AC repair. If you notice any of these telltale signs that your AC unit is in need of servicing or repairs, it’s important to schedule AC repair as soon as possible.
These common signs might include
- lukewarm air blowing from the AC vents
- strange noises coming from the AC unit itself
- excess moisture around the AC unit
- a more than usual energy bill
Do not ignore these signs – proper maintenance of your AC is key to having a comfortable home and avoiding costly AC repairs in the future.
How Long Does an Air Conditioner Typically Last?
An AC unit can provide relief during hot, humid days and has become a must-have in many homes. But how long do AC units typically last? On average, AC units can endure anywhere from 10 to 15 years before needing to be replaced. Although AC life expectancy is often dependent on usage and maintenance levels, generally ACs are designed to last for the long term. However, regular maintenance of the AC unit is key to ensuring your system runs optimally and efficiently for years to come; so make sure to get it serviced yearly!
We're looking forward to being your Tulsa comfort company, so we perform:
- Diagnosis and tune-up
- Installation and upgrades
- System maintenance and cleaning
- Stopping weird noises and vibrations
- Stopping refrigerant leaks
- Restoring power to units
- Replacing evaporator coils
- Repairing or replacing defective fan motors
- Repairing or replacing defective compressors
- Clearing clogged condensate drains
Why Choose Aire Serv of South Tulsa?
We are available 24/7 for emergency HVAC repairs and have clients throughout the Tulsa area. Aire Serv of South Tulsa offers flexible payment options for larger jobs, and you'll be impressed with our attention to detail and excellent work. We are also backed by a national brand. If you're in need of reliable and convenient AC repairs near you, give our friendly staff a call!