Common Signs It Is Time For A Rockwall AC Replacement
You may be wondering if you really need an air conditioner replacement or if HVAC repair services would be enough to get your system up and running properly again. That's fair—you don't want to go through the entire replacement process if you could just have your local HVAC professional fix it up quickly and easily. Here are some of the warning signs that indicate you really do need Rockwall AC replacement:
- House is Too Warm and Humid: Your unit's job is to keep your house cool and rid it of humidity, so if it has poor airflow or is not capable of circulating the cool air through the square footage of your space, you definitely need AC replacement in Rockwall, TX.
- Energy Costs are Increasing: If you've noticed the charges on your monthly energy bills keep going up, and you're not sure why, your air conditioner is a likely culprit. They lose efficiency as they age and need more and more fuel to provide the same amount of cooling, which is reflected in significant increases to your utility bill.
- Liquid is Leaking From Unit: If you notice liquid leaking from your AC unit, it could be water. But it could also be refrigerant, which is highly toxic if you touch it or breathe the fumes, so refrigerant leaks need to be handled by a qualified professional.
- System is Old: If your system is more than ten years old, it's time to start thinking about Rockwall AC replacement. That's especially true if you have a system that still uses R-22 refrigerant, also known as Freon. R-22 is really harmful to the environment because it destroys the ozone layer, which is why it was phased out in 2020. Modern air conditioners now use a few different options, but the standard is Puron, also called R410A, because it's gentle on the ozone layer and uses less energy than Freon models.
- Frequent Repair Bills: If your system isn't that old, but it seems like it's just having one problem after another that requires many expensive repairs, even with regular routine maintenance of your current unit, it will likely be a lot more cost-effective to just get an air conditioning replacement in Rockwall, TX.
- Damaged Unit: Whether your air filter just isn't cleaning the air anymore because the housing around the filter is damaged or if your air conditioning equipment is showing signs of rust, corrosion, or in rough shape, it may be time to consider a replacement.
If you notice any of these signs or have other concerns, give us a call to discuss an AC installation service in your home. Whether it is time for a replacement air conditioner, or you want to add a secondary supplementary or portable air conditioner, our experts from Aire Serv can help you find the best fit for your space.
What You Need to Know About Choosing AC Replacement in Rockwall, TX
Shopping for an air conditioning replacement is not as straightforward as picking up some bread and milk at the grocery store. Even if you know how many square feet your home is, there is still a lot to consider. From different styles, sizes, outputs, or configurations, so it can be difficult to determine which one is the perfect option for your home and the unique needs of your household. That's why it's a good idea to get your Aire Serv HVAC service professional to audit your home and give you some expert advice on the ideal Rockwall AC replacement system.
Legal Requirements for AC Energy Efficiency
When looking for a new Rockwall AC replacement, it's really important to focus on energy efficiency. A system with lower energy usage is kinder to the environment and will increase your energy savings. But did you know there are also minimum energy efficiency requirements determined by the U.S. Department of Energy?
The efficiency requirements are measured by the SEER rating, which is HVAC terminology that stands for seasonal energy efficiency ratio. At the beginning of 2015, new units installed in the Southeastern region of the United States (including Texas) were required to have a minimum SEER rating of 14. As of 2023, the requirement has increased to 15 SEER. HVAC system service professionals cannot legally install a new system with a lower SEER. These energy conservation standards help to reduce energy consumption throughout the region, which reduces the strain on resources. Our U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as well as the U.S. Department of Energy jointly run the Energy Star program, which certifies products such as air conditioners that meet certain standards of energy-efficient operation.
Types of Air Conditioner Systems We Replace
Taking into account the square footage of your home, there are a wide range of brands, styles, and configurations available for Rockwall AC replacement, but they generally fall into four categories:
- Split System & Package ACs: As standard central air conditioning systems, these two both use ductwork for air circulation. A package combines the AC unit with a heating system, while a split system has separate indoor units and outdoor units for cooling and heating.
- Ductless Mini-Splits: Don't have ductwork installed? No problem—as the name suggests, this type doesn't need air ducts to function. Instead, small wall-mounted evaporator units in each room link up to an outdoor condenser unit.
- Portable, Wall & Window Units: These self-contained, ductless units don't need an outdoor compressor and are easy to install or remove, so they're good temporary solutions for renters, but they aren't going to be able to efficiently cool an entire house.
- Evaporative Coolers: Also commonly known as swamp coolers, these AC units use evaporation to remove heat so they work most efficiently in climates with dry heat.
Plus, other considerations to take into account are two-stage cooling and one-stage cooling systems, depending on the needs of your home and what comfort level and efficiency rating you are looking to reach.
Climate and Humidity
The local climate and humidity levels in Rockwall should be another big consideration when choosing the best Rockwall AC replacement option for your home. The humidity and average temperatures of our climate make a big difference in the type, size, and price of the unit that will be effective in your home. Getting a smaller, weaker unit designed for colder climates just isn't going to get the job done in Texas, and you'll find yourself uncomfortable and looking into yet another replacement in the near future. Plus, taking into account the control panel or smart thermostat, which will help keep a regular cool temperature throughout the day.
Unlike West Texas, the Dallas-Fort Worth area gets quite a bit of humid air and precipitation blowing in from the Gulf. Because the average humidity in Rockwall is around 60 to 70 percent, evaporative coolers are not going to be a great choice for this area. They'll work for some of the year but won't be able to effectively remove moisture from your home in the more humid months.
With proper maintenance, regular air duct cleaning, and addressing repairs in a timely fashion, you can extend the lifespan of your unit.
Trust Aire Serv For An Expert Rockwall AC Replacement Service
When you need AC replacement or other services such as Rockwall air conditioning repair service or air conditioner installation, you can rely on the team of experienced professionals at Aire Serv of Rockwall. We also provide other types of HVAC services, such as Rockwall heating service and heating repair. Customer satisfaction is our first priority, so we will go above and beyond to make sure your HVAC system is in perfect working order, and your indoor comfort levels are right where you want them to be. We are a highly recommended HVAC company as we believe in transparency in our fees and communications with customers. With many online testimonials, you can see why we have become the highly rated local pros. We are chosen time and again for our:
- Upfront competitive prices with no surprise fees or additional costs at the end of your services, meaning never an overtime charge.
- Complete customer satisfaction; we guarantee to do the job right the first time, or we will return and make it right.
- Comprehensive AC repair services—from simple repairs to major repair services and all your installation, maintenance, and replacement services, we are your full-service HVAC team.
- We offer any-time service, which means we are available for all emergency HVAC services when you need us most. Offering 24/7 availability because, let's face it, you didn't plan for your system to act up, so let us take care of it and get you back to what matters most.
- All our service professionals are certified, licensed, and insured, with full background checks, giving you peace of mind.
When you want a reliable and efficient Rockwall AC replacement service, trust our service professionals at Aire Serv. Don't let the Texan heat melt you. Contact us today, and let our HVAC professionals ensure your home stays cool and refreshing.
FAQs About A Rockwall AC Replacement Service
Would you like to know more about Rockwall AC replacement, or do you have questions about our other reliable HVAC services in Rockwall, TX? Give us a call to chat with our knowledgeable customer service representatives and get all your questions answered, or check out our answers to a few frequently asked questions below.
How Long Does a System Last Before You Need AC Replacement in Rockwall, TX?
Air conditioners have to work overtime in Rockwall, Texas, to cool our homes during the spring, summer, and fall. That means they suffer more wear and tear damage than they would in colder climes, where they wouldn't have to operate so frequently. With that in mind, with proper AC maintenance, you can expect to get about ten years of service out of your unit before you need Rockwall AC replacement. It is possible to extend its lifespan beyond that point with regular maintenance and the occasional air conditioner repair from a qualified service professional.
Upstairs Doesn't Get as Cool as Downstairs, Do I Need a Larger AC Unit?
In this type of situation, bigger is not always bigger. As we all know, heat rises, and cool air settles. Your thermostat is probably downstairs where all the cool air is sitting, so it doesn't "know" that the upstairs isn't being adequately cooled. It just detects that the temperature is fine downstairs and tells your unit to switch off until the temperature begins to rise. A larger air conditioning unit won't change that because it will still obey the cues it's receiving from the thermostat. But don't worry, there's a better solution. By adding a supplemental cooling system upstairs, such as a ductless heat pump, we can get your upper floor cooled down to a comfortable temperature in no time flat.
Should I Replace My Ductless System With a Central Air Conditioner?
Not necessarily. If you already have a ductless system, it's probably because there isn't any internal ductwork installed in your home, which is required for a central air conditioning system to circulate cool air throughout the house. Retrofitting an older home with ductwork is a complicated, time-consuming, invasive process, which naturally means that it's also very expensive. In some cases, it may not even be possible if there's not enough space available inside your walls and ceilings. Usually, going with a ductless mini-split is going to be a lot less costly and disruptive than having new ductwork put into an older home.
If the Evaporator Coil is Broken, Does the Entire System Need Rockwall AC Replacement?
We are often asked this question by Rockwall homeowners with a faulty evaporator or condenser coil, and that's completely understandable—why replace the entire system when there is only a problem with one component? It may actually be possible to replace just the evaporator or condenser coil, but the problem is that coils are among the most costly parts of your AC, and replacing them is often a lot more trouble than it's worth. If you get a coil that is mismatched with your old unit, it leads to problems that will cause the whole system to break down much earlier than it would otherwise. It can also lead to a refrigerant leak, and liquid coolant is a highly toxic substance that should not be touched or inhaled. Regardless of whether you need Rockwall AC replacement or repairs, trust our service professionals to find the most cost-effective solution for the issues your residential HVAC system is experiencing.
Count on the Rockwall AC Replacement Experts at Aire Serv! Schedule an Appointment Today!
When it comes to your air conditioning replacement, Aire Serv of Rockwall is your trusted partner. Our commitment to excellence ensures that your home remains cool and comfortable, even in the sweltering Texas heat. We understand the importance of a reliable Rockwall AC replacement, and our experienced service professionals are ready to provide top-tier service.
Don't let the heat disrupt your comfort—whether you're in Rockwall or a nearby area such as Fate, Lavon, or Nevada, you can depend on our team of service professionals for great service and expert workmanship. Contact us today to book an appointment at a convenient time or to speak with our friendly customer service staff about all your residential and commercial HVAC needs.
Your satisfaction is our priority, and we're here to keep your home refreshingly cool all year round!