From a little window unit to a major central air conditioning unit, we have compelling reasons why an air conditioning installation in Rockwall should be handled by a qualified HVAC professional, such as the service providers on our team.
Expert AC Installation Advice
When you start looking around at the possible choices for a new AC installation in Rockwall, you'll notice lots of options available. Thus, it can be difficult to figure out what will work best for your residential property in terms of brand, style, output capability, and power draw. Our AC installation professionals will perform a thorough audit of your home to determine the most efficient, reliable, and cost-effective options for your property. We'll then explain our recommendations clearly, give you an upfront cost estimate and answer any questions you may have so you can make an informed decision about what's best for your home.
Lower Energy Costs
Even if your old air conditioning system is still working, if it's been more than about a decade since it was installed, you may be surprised by how much money you could save on your monthly energy bill with a modern, efficient system. Product manufacturers are constantly trying to outdo each other with new innovations that reduce energy consumption to lower the considerable cost of operating your air conditioner throughout the warmer months of the year. At the same time, your system naturally loses its ability to be energy efficient as it ages due to normal wear and tear damage over time.
Those factors combined mean that a new Rockwall AC installation will use significantly less fuel than one that is a decade older. But there are also options on the market that are generally going to conserve energy better than others and save you more on your utility bills.
Check for the Energy Star seal of approval—it is an indication that a product meets certain energy efficiency standards as determined by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S.
Better Indoor Air Quality
Part of your air conditioner's job is air filtration. Over time, the filter can suffer damage and break down just like any other part of the system or slowly lose its ability to provide adequate filtration. A new Rockwall AC installation will provide cleaner, more breathable air and reduce the amount of dust, pollen, dander and other allergens indoors, so any allergy sufferers in your house can get some relief with a new, better functioning system.
Safe, Effective Air Conditioning Service
Air conditioning installation in Rockwall (and everywhere else, for that matter) can be dangerous for those who don't know how to handle the systems safely and with all due caution. When you hire the HVAC professionals on our team, you can rest assured that we'll send an HVAC expert with the training and certification to work safely at all times but also adhere to regulations, safety codes and current best practices in the industry.
Types of Air Conditioners Available for Your Rockwall AC Installation
Not sure which type of AC system will work best for your home? We're happy to offer some advice based on the size and configuration of your house and how well your current set-up is meeting the needs of your household.
We have options available for your AC installation in Rockwall, TX:
- Split System & Package ACs: These are examples of standard central air conditioner that uses ductwork to circulate cool air throughout your house. The difference is that a package system combines heating and cooling in one unit, while the AC and heater are two separate units in a split system.
- Ductless Mini-Splits: As the name suggests, this type of system doesn't need ducts. Instead, individual evaporator units in each room are linked up to an outdoor compressor. They are a good solution for older homes that don't have ductwork already installed, as having ductwork put in can be disruptive, expensive, and, in some cases, impossible.
- Portable, Wall, & Window Units: These small, self-contained units need to vent to the outdoors, but they don't require an outdoor compressor unit. The catch is that they're only capable of cooling one or two rooms and won't be able to keep up with the needs of an entire house.
- Evaporative Coolers: Also referred to as swamp coolers, this type of unit uses evaporation to remove heat, so it works best in hot, arid climates with low humidity. Because this part of Texas does get quite a bit of humidity blowing in from the Gulf, evaporative coolers are not going to be the most effective option for our climate.
Why Aire Serv is the Best Choice for Rockwall Air Conditioning Installation in Rockwall, TX
When your AC isn't working properly, and you need an air conditioning repair service or air conditioning replacement, it's a serious problem that requires professional help as soon as possible to get your house cooled down and restore your indoor comfort levels. You can count on us to arrive promptly for your appointment, in uniform and driving a company vehicle, so you know who you're letting into your home. We'll assess your system thoroughly, explain our recommendations, and address any concerns you may have to make sure your HVAC system is in perfect working order before we leave.
We also offer 24/7 emergency service in case you have an HVAC service emergency in the middle of the night or during the weekend and need expert assistance right away.
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Installation in Rockwall, TX
Are you interested in learning more about an AC installation in Rockwall or any of our other reliable HVAC services? Just give us a call to speak with our friendly customer service staff and get all your questions answered quickly. Also, feel free to check out our replies to a few common air conditioning installation questions below.
What are the Signs that I Need a New AC Installation in Rockwall, TX?
There are several signs that indicate you may need a new unit:
- Age of current AC unit: If your air conditioner is more than 10–15 years old, it may be nearing the end of its lifespan. Older units are generally less energy-efficient and may experience more frequent breakdowns.
- Frequent breakdowns and repairs: If your AC unit requires frequent repairs and the cost of fixing it is prohibitive, investing in a new unit may be more cost-effective.
- Decline in cooling performance: If your AC can no longer cool your home effectively or you notice uneven cooling throughout your house, it could be a sign that the unit is no longer functioning optimally.
- Rising energy bills: If your utility bills have steadily increased, your AC unit may be working harder to maintain the desired temperature, indicating it might be inefficient or lose effectiveness.
- Excessive noise: Unusual or loud noises from your AC unit may indicate mechanical problems or worn-out components that could be costly to repair.
- Freon (refrigerant) leaks: If you notice refrigerant leaks or your AC unit requires frequent refrigerant recharging, it may be a sign of a significant issue that may warrant a replacement.
- Constant use of an outdated refrigerant: If your AC unit uses an older type of refrigerant, such as R-22, it may be wise to upgrade to a newer and more environmentally friendly system that uses the current standard refrigerant (R-410A or R-32).
- Poor indoor air quality: An aging AC unit may struggle to maintain proper humidity levels and filter the air effectively, resulting in poorer indoor air quality.
- Home renovations or additions: If you are adding rooms or making significant changes to your home, your current AC unit might not be adequately sized to handle the increased cooling demand, necessitating a new unit.
- Inconsistent temperature control: If your AC unit cannot maintain a consistent and comfortable temperature, even after servicing, it might be time to consider a replacement.
If you observe any of these signs, it's essential to call us at Aire Serv so an HVAC professional can assess the condition of your current unit and advise you on whether a replacement and installation service is the best course of action.
What Is a SEER Rating for Air Conditioning Installation?
SEER is an acronym that stands for seasonal energy efficiency ratio. It's a rating that measures the performance of a cooling system. The higher the SEER number, the more efficient the unit is. High-efficiency modern air conditioners save you money by using less fuel to provide cooling service for your house and are also kinder to the environment because they don't needlessly strain energy resources.
Did you know that the U.S. Department of Energy sets minimum efficiency requirements for air conditioning installation? As of 2015, air conditioners installed in the Southeastern region of the United States, which includes Texas, must have a SEER rating of 14 or higher—and as of 2023, the rating requirement for this region is increasing to a minimum of 15 SEER. HVAC service professionals are not permitted to install an AC unit that doesn't meet the minimum SEER requirement, so it's important to opt for a system that meets the current minimum standards. These energy conservation measures have a huge impact on energy usage throughout the Southeastern region of the United States, reducing both your individual energy costs and the environmental toll of high energy usage.
What Size Unit Do I Need for AC Installation in Rockwall, TX?
This is a big question because it's really important to get the correct size for your Rockwall AC installation. Most people assume that if a big AC is good, a bigger one will be even better—but that's not always true when it comes to HVAC. A system that is too big for the house will reach the temperature on your thermostat too rapidly. That may sound like a positive, but it causes the system to short cycle by turning on and off frequently. Short cycling increases wear and tear on your system so you'll end up needing repair or replacement earlier than you would have otherwise.
A system that's too small for your house is no picnic either. It won't be able to get your house down to the temperature you have set on your thermostat, so it'll have to operate constantly and drain a huge amount of fuel. That'll be reflected on your utility bill, so buying an undersized unit to save money really doesn't work out so well in the long run. What's worse is your house will still be hot, humid, and uncomfortable even though you have to pay all that money for energy costs. Determining the right size and configuration for your system is complicated, so we can't really generalize based on square footage alone. Once our service professionals have had the opportunity to assess your property, they can offer a recommendation on the best size for your house.
Where Should the AC Units Be Located in My House?
This is another factor that warrants some careful consideration, and our service professionals can offer advice on the best Rockwall AC installation placement for both indoor and outdoor units, depending on the configuration of your property and the needs of your household. If you're getting a central air system put in, you'll need space outside for the compressor unit, and if it's a ductless mini-split, you'll need suitable locations in each room for the evaporator units.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when searching for the perfect space outdoors:
- The unit needs to be a minimum of 12 inches away from any other object
- Keep it away from hot zones and high-traffic areas
- Needs to be placed on a level, elevated condenser pad
For indoor, wall-mounted units, here are some of the requirements:
- Seven feet above your floor, with six inches of clearance on top and each side
- Three feet away from electronics, Wi-Fi modems, and coaxial cables
- The wall needs to be strong enough to support the unit, which should ideally be fastened to a wall stud
- Away from direct sunlight and other direct heat sources
- Not obstructed by items such as large furniture
Do I Need Maintenance on My New AC Unit?
Is maintenance truly essential? The answer to this question hinges on whether you desire your air conditioning equipment to remain operational and have an extended lifespan. Anything frequently relied upon, running for extended periods, will naturally undergo constant wear and tear. Eventually, this regular wear and tear can lead to failures and necessitate AC repairs. Not addressing these issues can result in more severe and costly breakdowns.
We suggest annual maintenance, which is crucial for ensuring that every component operates smoothly, providing peace of mind that sudden malfunctions won't leave you sweltering. Your air conditioner maintenance service should include a comprehensive inspection and necessary repairs for any areas showing signs of wear and tear. Regular maintenance from your air conditioning experts should cover the following:
- Verifying refrigerant levels
- Conducting refrigerant leak testing
- Safely capturing evacuated refrigerant
- Testing for seal and duct leakage
- Measuring evaporator airflow
- Checking the electronic control sequence
- Inspecting terminals for issues
- Oiling motors to ensure smooth operation
- Assessing belts for signs of wear and tear
- Confirming thermostat accuracy
- Replacing air conditioning filters
Which Brands Do You Provide Rockwall AC Installation Service For?
The short answer is all of them! Whatever brand of HVAC equipment you need to be installed, you can count on us to get the job done effectively and efficiently with our quality services.
Need a New AC Installation in Rockwall, TX? Count On the Local Professionals at Aire Serv!
Whether you're in Rockwall or a part of the surrounding area such as Heath, Fate, or Royse City, you can get the expert HVAC service you need, including air conditioner installation and air conditioning maintenance service, from the team of professionals at Aire Serv of Rockwall.
Contact us today by picking up the phone to chat with our knowledgeable customer service representatives. Schedule a convenient appointment time with an HVAC professional or find out more about our HVAC repair and installation services, including furnace and heat pump services.