Commercial Furnace & Heating System Replacement
Call Aire Serv® for Commercial Furnace Replacement
Are frigid temperatures from an ailing furnace slowing your business down? It may be time for commercial furnace replacement. Unsure? The knowledgeable technicians at Aire Serv can help you calculate your return on investment so that you can make the right decision for your business needs.
Need emergency service? Call (855) 259-2280 now. Aire Serv technicians are available 24/7.
When Do I Need to Replace My Business’ Commercial Furnace?
When considering replacing your commercial furnace, there are six key factors you should keep in mind:
- Age – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) ENERGY STAR program recommends replacing furnaces that are 15 years and older, due to efficiency improvements.
- Frequent or extensive repairs – If you’re constantly contacting a technician for repair or if associated repair costs add up to more than half the value of a replacement heating system, commercial furnace replacement may be your best option.
- Noise – Furnaces struggling to maintain temperature often make excessive noise.
- Comfort issues – Uneven temperatures throughout your business and drafty conditions could indicate a need for heating system replacement.
- Energy expenditures – Comparing the operating costs of your old furnace against a newer furnace may point you toward commercial furnace replacement.
- Unsafe operating conditions – Safety issues, such as significant cracks or holes in your furnace's heat exchanger, may indicate a need for immediate replacement.
If your business is considering a full heating system replacement, contact Aire Serv. Our technicians help you make a business decision taking into account the estimated increase in energy efficiency and the total cost of a replacement commercial furnace. We also help you decide on the type and model of new furnace, taking your unique needs into consideration.
What Are My Commercial Furnace Replacement Options?
- gas furnaces
- electric furnaces
- oil furnaces
- air-source heat pumps
- geothermal heat pumps
Should you elect to replace your business' furnace, ensure your system a great start by establishing a regular preventive maintenance schedule, including both in-house preventive maintenance tasks and annual professional maintenance.
What are the Benefits of a New Commercial Furnace?
Replacing your existing commercial furnace with a new, more efficient model is an investment in the future of your business with numerous benefits that include:
- Lower energy bills – Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) ratings, which are used to measure furnace efficiency, have improved dramatically over the last 30 years. Older furnaces, such as those from the 1970s, operate at approximately 65% efficiency, while some of today's furnace models achieve ratings of 97% -- near total efficiency. The result? You’ll enjoy monthly energy savings over the lifetime of your new furnace.
- Improved comfort – A newer furnace will be better able to control the temperature of your business.
- Environmental – Less energy consumption means a smaller carbon footprint.
Do You Know About the ENERGY STAR Advantage?
ENERGY STAR labeled furnaces meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), allowing you to enhance comfort levels in your business while also saving energy and reducing pollution.
There are different efficiency requirement for each region of the U.S.:
- U.S. North – ENERGY STAR certified gas furnaces in the northern U.S. are up to 16% more efficient than competing baseline models.
- U.S. South – Southern businesses have less extreme heating needs than those in the north. Furnaces for states of the southern U.S. bear a special ENERGY STAR logo and are 12% more efficient than standard furnace models.
- Age – A 10 to 15-year-old furnace is probably on its last leg and not worth repairing, especially if you have already poured money into several repairs over the past season or two.
- Investment cost – It costs more to replace than to repair, but consider the long-term investment cost of keeping your old furnace running. The knowledgeable heater contractors at Aire Serv can help you calculate your return on investment.
- Utility rates By taking utility bills from past seasons and calculating future bills based on rising utility rates, you can determine how much it will cost to run your existing furnace this year. Compare that with the energy consumed by a new furnace at the same utility rates and see what savings you can expect from a furnace replacement.
Aire Serv Can Help You Make the Smart Choice
At Aire Serv, we understand that choosing a new furnace unit for your commercial space is a big decision with many factors at play, including:
- Warranty – Newer furnaces come with a warranty, which helps you save should the need for service arise.
- Geographic location – Those with businesses in a warmer climate may be less inclined to invest in a new furnace than those in colder climates where furnaces are frequently needed.
- Your existing system – – If you opt to upgrade to a different type of heating system for your business, there may be additional costs involved in setup and installation.
- Rebates and tax incentives – Tax rebates and incentives are available for commercial furnace replacement that could save you up to 30% of the cost of newer, high-efficiency systems. Your local utility company may offer additional rebates and incentives as well.
Breathe Easy with Commercial Furnace Replacement by Aire Serv
If you need commercial furnace replacement or air conditioner for your business, you need Aire Serv. Schedule an appointment online or find a location near you.
Have a commercial furnace emergency? Call (855) 259-2280 for 24/7 emergency service.