Winter heating bills can consume a big chunk of your family's budget. Are you wondering if it’s even possible to stay cozy this winter without suffering through sky-high energy bills? Knowing how to set the thermostat correctly for both comfort and energy-efficiency is the magic trick you need to know. But it’s not magic.
Let’s take a closer look at how to optimize your thermostat usage for winter …
Thermostat Settings for Winter
Here are the optimal thermostat setting tips from the experts at Aire Serv®:
- When you’re home, set the thermostat at 72 degrees.
- Lower the setting a few degrees at night or when everyone is away from home.
- Install a programmable thermostat for ideal climate control throughout the day and night.
Programmable Thermostat: The Solution for Optimal Thermostat Settings
Installing a programmable thermostat means you won’t have to adjust the thermostat continually by hand. It’s a convenient way to maximize both energy savings and comfort in your home. You can simply “set-it-and-forget-it” to experience the optimal thermostat settings to keep both your family and your budget happy.
Benefits of a programmable thermostat include:
- Set the thermostat and furnace automatically, so it will lower the temperature when you leave for work and heat the house back up right before your family returns home for the day.
- You can also set it to lower a few degrees automatically at night for optimal sleeping conditions and energy savings.
- Set up a 7-day schedule. Change it up for the weekends, depending on how much you are typically home. This enables you to keep your home at the optimal thermostat settings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—whether you’re at work or out having fun on the weekends.
Let Aire Serv Help You Achieve Maximum Comfort and Cost-Savings
If you’re ready to make a change in your home to achieve optimal thermostat settings, reach out to our local experts at Aire Serv today. We can help you choose the right programmable thermostat to meet your climate control needs. We will also provide the expert installation service to ensure you are set up and ready to go in no time. Schedule an appointment online or call (855) 259-2280 today for an estimate.
Looking for ways to stay toasty this winter? Consider an electric fireplace. Check out the pros and cons in this blog from our friends at Mr. Electric®. Like Aire Serv, Mr. Electric is a part of the Neighborly® community of home service brands.