June is designated as National Safety Month and is a time set aside to
remind everyone to be proactive and address safety problems before possible
mishaps occur. Many injuries can be prevented when people practice safe
behaviors. During National Safety Month, make a difference and spread
the word about these strategies to reduce the risk of injuries and accidents.
Aire Serv® put together tips for each week during the month of June
to help you take comfort in knowing you can improve safety in your community
and surrounding area.
Prevent prescription drug abuse.
- Make sure you’re getting the correct medication.
- Never take any medicine that is not prescribed to your name.
- Follow directions for medicine use carefully and be aware of any possible
Stop slips, trips and falls.
- Make sure that all of your small rugs have slip-resistant backing. Put
cut-to-fit rubber matting or two-sided tape on rugs that don’t have
their own backing.
- Place a rubber mat on the bathtub floor.
- Keep your walkways and driveways in good condition, and make repairs before
Be aware of your surroundings.
- When walking to your car, keep your phone in hand, be alert and keep your head up.
- When walking the neighborhood, try to take a friend or even a pet with
you so you will not be alone.
- If you feel like you are being followed, drive to the nearest gas station
or open business; do not drive home.
Put an end to distracted driving.
- Never operate a vehicle while impaired or while you are tired.
- Do not talk on the phone, text, or eat while driving.
- Finish dressing and personal grooming at home before you get on the road.