You may be in the know about the Clean Air Act regarding the phase out of R22 refrigerant supplies, but are you aware of the benefits of making your home's cooling system R410A-friendly? Refrigerant is an essential component of your heating and air conditioning system, and has a tremendous impact on your monthly utility bill.Refrigerant: What's the difference?
- R22 R22’s ozone-depleting properties have caused the U.S. Government and EPA to phase out this refrigerant by 2020. Each year, available R22 supplies are drastically reduced as part of this phase out, resulting in higher prices from the dwindling supply.
- R410A R410A is a new, chlorine-free, more environmentally friendly refrigerant than its predecessor. It is incompatible with older, less efficient R22 systems. In use with newer, high efficiency heating and cooling equipment, highly efficient R410A systems offer better air quality, increased comfort and reliability, lower energy bills, and possible energy tax credits.
R410A saves money. In addition to all the benefits new R410A compatible heating and cooling systems offer consumers, R410A itself saves you money. Not only does R-410A cost less than R22, reducing repair costs, but also it runs more efficiently – up to 5 percent. Because R410A absorbs and releases more heat than R22, energy is saved, reducing both utility costs as well as the risk of A/C compressor burnout. What’s more, the synthetic oil used with R410A is more soluble than the mineral oil used with R22, offering increased efficiency, cooler operation, and yet again reducing wear-and-tear on the compressor. Want to save even more? Go IceCOLD®: Added to your cooling system’s refrigerant,IceCOLD is a revolutionary synthetic additive that extends your system’s life and boosts its efficiency. IceCOLD offers many advantages, including:
- Improved lubrication.
- The removal of oil fouling, oil deposits that clog your system’s tubing preventing heat exchange and reducing efficiency as much as 30 percent.
- Faster delivery of colder vent air thanks to unhindered heat exchange, reducing the length of time your A/C needs to run in order to maintain temperature.
- Twenty percent or more improvement in efficiency and reduction in energy costs.
- A reduction in compressor noise, vibration, and friction wear-and-tear.
- Lower repair costs.
- Enhanced SEER performance.
- Extended equipment life.
- Up to a 500 percent return on investment in less than a year.
- Poses no health or safety risks, containing no toxic, carcinogenic, or environmentally hazardous materials.
Ready to save energy and cash with a new R410A refrigerant system? Contact Aire Serv® today. Our expertly trained air conditioner repair and maintenance technicians offer free estimates on the perfectly sized system for your home, as well as flexible financing options and extended warranty plans designed to fit your life.