Air Conditioner Replacement
Feel Comfortable in Your Own Skin. And Your Own Home.
If it’s time to replace your air conditioner, it’s important to research your options. Don’t just purchase the first AC unit you come across! What efficiency, size, and type will you choose? Are there any energy efficiency laws you need to consider? Who will you hire for the installation? Let Aire Serv® guide you through the air conditioner buying process.
To Repair or To Replace? That Is the Question!
Replacing an AC unit could be one of the largest investments you’ll make as a homeowner. You want to make sure it’s the right time to upgrade.
What to Consider When Choosing a New AC System
So you’ve made the decision to purchase a new AC. How do you choose the right unit?
Here are a few factors that could influence your decision:
- Geographic location – Humidity, average temperature, and overall climate affect the size, type, and economic value of the efficiency you choose. For example, investing in a more expensive, higher-efficiency model is economical for a Florida resident but might not be for a Minnesota resident.
- Existing system – Homes with radiant or baseboard heating may not have ductwork. To avoid expensive installation costs, one-room units or ductless mini-splits are the best options. This goes for older homes as well, which likely don’t have ductwork.
Different Types of A/C Systems
Many types of A/C systems are available:
- Split system and package ACs are your standard central air conditioners.
- Ductless mini-splits are perfect for cooling homes without ductwork.
- Portable, window, and wall units are designed to cool one room in your home.
- Evaporative coolers, also known as swamp coolers, remove heat using evaporation and work most effectively in dry climates.
Benefits of an Energy Efficient Air Conditioner
No matter what type of AC you purchase, here’s why you should consider an energy efficient model:
- Energy savings – Your AC likely accounts for over 50% of your energy bills in the summer. By upgrading to an energy efficient model, you could cut your monthly cooling bills by up to one-third!
- Improved home comfort – The same technology that lowers your cooling bills also helps you stay more comfortable. For example, a variable-speed blower motor saves energy by running on low most of the time, which also decreases temperature fluctuations. Scroll compressors that utilize refrigerant more efficiently also cool the room off faster for superior comfort on the hottest days.
- Environmentally friendly – Lower energy consumption is good news for your wallet, but it also helps the environment by reducing emissions. Choosing an energy efficient air conditioner is one step you can take to lower your home’s carbon footprint.
New air conditioners are required to have a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) rating of 13 or higher. Your outdated system could be significantly less efficient than this, meaning great savings await you once you replace it. New models also have R-410A refrigerant, a more environmentally-friendly alternative to R-22 refrigerant or “Freon.”
Call (855) 259-2280 & get a free quote for your AC replacement!
If you’re ready to update your system, Aire Serv is here to help.
If you’re ready to update your system, Aire Serv is here to help. To learn more about making an efficient air conditioner replacement, please contact the professionals at Aire Serv Heating and Air Conditioning today. We’re happy to answer all your questions and provide you a free quote for replacing your current unit. Once you have a new, energy efficient air conditioner system, you want to keep it running smoothly for as long as possible, so be sure to read our air conditioner maintenance tips! Your utility bills should be comfortable too.
Call our AC experts at (855) 259-2280 for a free in-home estimate on your AC replacement.