From trusted air conditioning to reliable heat pumps or furnaces, handling Westminster’s climate requires guts, unless you have grown accustomed to it or learned how to best live with it. Our answer to that is hiring a trusted Westminster HVAC company for efficient AC installation, HVAC maintenance and heating services. Cooling and heating systems in Westminster are a necessity for everyone.
Your Westminster HVAC service providers will ensure that you’re safe and can continue to enjoy your summers and winters to the fullest. Rely on our highly-skilled professionals at Aire Serv of McKinney for everything from AC maintenance to furnace tune-ups to HVAC replacement. Our licensed professionals have been serving our local clients for many years and thus, bring a wide range of experience and expertise in handling residential and commercial HVAC.
Westminster Air Conditioning Services
Co-existing with nature has its pros and cons. Living in one of the United States’ hottest climates requires a lot of preparation and safety measures that every property owner needs to take into consideration. Therefore, owning a Westminster HVAC system is essential for more than just comfort and preventing your chocolate from melting. Our air conditioning services are designed to ensure your cooling systems run well throughout the high season.
We recommend scheduling a spring maintenance appointment with your local Westminster HVAC service provider to ensure your system is ready for summer. We offer all of our clients a useful AC checklist that includes important maintenance tasks like cleaning and potential parts replacement. Our team is familiar with all types of brands, from old to new.
To better understand how air conditioning systems operate, it’s important to know the parts they’re made of and how they work. This way, when you schedule maintenance service, you will know exactly what your HVAC service professional is talking about.
Westminster Air Conditioning – Parts and Functions
Efficient AC absorbs and converts the heat inside your home and helps reduce humidity buildup. Understanding the process of the conversion from hot air into cooled won’t require you to take chemistry lessons. We’re just here to help you understand the essentials and uncover some myths.
There’s a misconception that air conditioning absorbs outside air and converts it, but that’s not how it works (only ductless mini-split ACs work this way). Standard units solely depend on the available air indoors. For cooling efficiency, it’s essential that you close your windows once you’ve turned on your AC. This way, any cool breeze will stay inside and keep the overall temperature moderate.
An air conditioner is made of various important parts; therefore, learning some major components could save you some headaches in the future because you’ll know the exact kind of service you’ll need.
- Evaporator Coils: Evaporator coils absorb the heat from inside your home. Structurally, they are two panels that act as the heat pump by drawing in the heat from your house. They are situated within the air handler.
- Condenser Coils: These units are made of copper materials, designed to keep the refrigerant in its liquid form. At the same time, they vent heated air to the outside. They assist the evaporator in receiving high-pressure gas from the compressor and converting this gas into liquid. This process is done by heat transfer.
- Blower fan: This fan circulates air over the cooled evaporator coils and distributes it into your living space.
- Compressor: The compressor is the outdoor unit that functions like the human heart. Through pumping, it transfers the refrigerant throughout the system.
- Expansion Valve: During the process of cooling, an expansion valve decreases the refrigerant pressure between the compressor and evaporator coil. It also controls the amount of refrigerant being used.
- Exterior Fan: It’s the outdoor fan that spins at all times when the unit is on, helping the compressor to dissipate hot air.
- Thermostat: The control system for regulating your desired temperature.
- Filter: Every system that handles air requires a filter to catch dust and other pollutants. It’s important to remember that filters become clogged within a few months and block airflow. Frequent exchanges of filters are necessary to protect your respiratory system and overall health.
- Condensation Drain: Humidity and condensation go hand-in-hand, especially when heated air meets cold surfaces. Therefore, any drained liquid will flow out of the system into a drain pan.
Air Conditioning Maintenance
Whether you use your AC sparingly or not, every year, it will undergo some form of wear which you can manage with annual maintenance. As your Westminster HVAC service professionals, we take preventative measures very seriously, whether it’s identifying a defective blower fan or unclogging a condensate drain. Many undetected small issues could lead to disastrous outcomes because air conditioners are easy to overwhelm. With our fast and detailed diagnosis, you will learn about any problem lurking in the shadows. Preventive maintenance is designed to protect you and the efficiency of your HVAC. Westminster, TX homeowners won’t have to worry about potential breakdowns when they rely on our maintenance services.
AC Maintenance Includes:
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Refrigerant leak testing
- Replacing filters
- Safely capturing evacuated refrigerant
- Seal and duct leakage tests
- Evaporator airflow measurements
- Evaporator and condenser coil cleaning
- Testing your electronic control sequence
- Inspecting terminals
- Oiling motors
- Checking belts for wear
- Confirming thermostat accuracy
Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repair:
Even with routine maintenance, Westminster HVAC units will still break down due to age and other unforeseen circumstances. Our job is to ensure that we detect deteriorating parts fast, from overheating compressor motors to refrigerant leaks. When you don’t act upon these warning signs, you will risk damaging your HVAC. Westminster, TX homes that don’t receive prompt repairs for warning signs are at risk of total HVAC failure.
Signs You Need AC Repair Services:
- Reduced airflow
- Air is not cooling
- High moisture levels
- Fluctuating temperatures
- Loud, unusual noises
- Bad smells
- System leaks
- AC is cycling
- Old HVAC units
Common Types of AC Systems
- Central (Packaged) AC: A packaged system will typically rely on an indoor and outdoor unit, as well as a ductwork system
- Window Units: These temporary units are self-contained and installed directly in windows.
- Single-Split: Ideal for smaller spaces like a living room or bedroom.
- Ductless Mini-Split: If you don’t have ductwork, a ductless mini-split is a wall-mounted evaporator unit that conveniently connects to an outdoor condenser.
- Multi-split: This is a larger unit that operates best in commercial environments with multiple floors.
Westminster, TX Heating Services
While the heat breaks records almost every year in Texas, one mustn’t forget the short, cold winters that have stumped a bunch of Westminster residents with temperatures below 30 °F. Strong Arctic winds and snowfall are not uncommon. The only way to protect ourselves from this natural phenomenon is winter preparation. After cleaning out and sheltering your AC unit with a cover, we recommend scheduling an expert Westminster HVAC service in the fall to prepare your furnace.
For most of the year, your furnace and heat pumps are probably the last things on your mind, until an unforgettable cold spell hits. Sudden winter cold snaps make taking precautions essential, and that means staying safe with reliable HVAC. Westminster, TX homeowners can ensure they stay warm, comfortable and safe with reliable heating services from Aire Serv.
Furnace Tune-Up In Westminster, TX
Tune-ups are an important procedure in HVAC. Westminster, TX residents who book a furnace tune-up appointment can rely on us to perform all essential preventative maintenance tasks. Our Westminster HVAC service professionals check on parts, age and performance. If no big problems are found, we’ll go ahead with minor tweaks, cleaning and oiling that will ensure your furnace is ready to kick in during the winter.
Furnace Maintenance Includes:
- Motor and fan lubrication
- Fan belts and heat exchanger inspection
- Exhaust testing
- Checking carbon monoxide levels
- Gas leak detection
- Burner inspections
- Combustion analysis
- Gas pressure level adjustments
- Condensate drain line clearing
- Furnace filter replacements
- Thermostat calibration
- Inspecting electrical outlets
Heater and Furnace Repairs
As long as you keep up with regular maintenance, there’s nothing much to worry about. From filter replacement to routine duct cleaning and gas leak inspections. But do keep an eye out for potential safety hazards that show distinct warning signs. When it comes to HVAC in Westminster, homeowners should know about the following signs that call for furnace service or another type of heating repair, and their common causes:
- Poor Indoor Air Quality: Clogged filter
- Fluctuating Temperatures: Broken thermostat
- Rotten Egg Smells: Gas leaks
- Skyrocketing Energy Bills: Unit’s getting too old and lacks efficiency
- Carbon Monoxide Leak: Damaged heat exchanger or other exhaust problems
- Yellow Pilot Light: Corrosion or airflow issue
- Strange Noises: Issues with fan motor
Air Duct Cleaning
Any HVAC installation technician will agree that duct cleaning is essential to your health and prolonging your HVAC system’s lifespan. Ducts collect lots of dust and pollen throughout the year. If your AC and furnace share the same vents, you likely have a huge amount of airborne particles gathered on your duct walls. When it’s humid, it even traps moisture that leads to material deterioration. All these problems could also affect your furnace’s performance and efficiency.
In order for your furnace to distribute clean, heated air through your ducts, your Westminster HVAC service professionals will ensure your ducts are clean and working properly. This way, anyone who suffers from allergy symptoms will benefit from safer air, and you may even save on energy bills.
HVAC Replacement Services in Westminster
Repair or replace? That’s always a tricky question for residential or commercial property owners in Westminster. It’s hard enough to maintain your HVAC system to ensure a decent temperature and fresh indoor air quality. But endless repair services are not the long-term solution and could lead to higher overall costs.
When To Consider Westminster HVAC Replacement
Considering your HVAC’s age is a key factor in making the right decision. Frequent repairs or breakdowns signal inconsistency and decreased performance. Aging units will continue to get worse and waste a lot of valuable energy that will show in your bills. If you have an older unit suffering from repeated breakdowns, it may be more cost effective and energy efficient to replace it today, rather than pay to keep it running. If you need air conditioning replacement or other HVAC replacements in Westminster, we are here to offer expert advice and installation services.
Westminster HVAC Emergency Services
AC or furnace breakdowns don’t wait, whether they happen on the long weekend or during a cold spell in the New Year or a heatwave in July. Fortunately, your expert team at Aire Serv of McKinney provides reliable emergency HVAC services. Westminster, TX residents can count on us to repair heating and cooling systems efficiently. It’s essential to have access to trouble-free services from your local experts. Therefore, we want you to know upfront that we don’t charge overtime fees for emergency services. Your safety and comfort come first.
We are available 24/7 to help Westminster residents on nights, weekends and holidays. When you are searching for “HVAC near me,” remember that we are here for you.
Need Reliable Westminster HVAC Services?
Are you in Westminster or another community in the surrounding area, such as Blue Ridge or Anna? You can rely on Aire Serv of McKinney for excellent workmanship and honest service. Your comfort and safety are our priority; whether you need residential or commercial services, we are proud to be your trusted heating and cooling experts.
Contact us at 972-694-1716 to schedule a convenient air conditioning installation appointment or to speak with our friendly customer service team about what we can do to make your home more comfortable and safe with services for your HVAC system.