From reducing energy costs to making your home more comfortable and improving indoor air quality, there are some major benefits that come with heater maintenance in McKinney, TX. Homeowners don't always see the value in calling an HVAC professional for regular tune-ups when nothing seems to be wrong, but that typically changes once they've experienced a major malfunction or are forced to replace a system early because it wasn't maintained.
Your heater is a complex system with a lot of moving parts, and it gets used pretty much constantly throughout the cold months, so it stands to reason that it needs the occasional adjustments, calibrations and general care to keep it running at maximum efficiency without the risk of a breakdown. During an inspection and tune-up, our experienced McKinney heater maintenance service professionals will complete steps such as:
- Inspect burners and electrical parts
- Change dirty air filters
- Inspect safety controls
- Lubricate motorized parts
- Inspect fans and blower motors to ensure adequate air flow
- Examine the blower wheel
- Perform an amp-draw test
- Calibrate your thermostat
- Inspect the gas line to check for carbon monoxide leaks
- Adjust, replace and maintain belts
- Examine heat exchanger for signs of corrosion
- Straighten crushed condenser fins
- Inspect the condensate drain line
Why Choose Aire Serv for Heater Maintenance in McKinney, TX?
When you need and expect the very best workmanship and quality of service for McKinney heater maintenance, the reliable professionals at Aire Serv are the ones to call. Our experienced team prioritizes customer satisfaction, which is why we never cut corners and always take the time to thoroughly inspect and tune-up your system. We want to make sure you have the total peace of mind that comes with knowing your system will work perfectly each and every time it turns on during the heating season.
We don't limit ourselves to just heater maintenance in McKinney, TX. Local homeowners and business owners can rely on our team for a wide range of heating and cooling services, including air conditioning services such as air conditioner installation and AC repair services and heating services such as furnace repairs and furnace installation. We also provide emergency service anytime, so you can get the help you need from our emergency repair professionals when you need it—not days or weeks later. From emergency heating repair to other emergency HVAC services, we have you covered.
Frequently Asked Questions About Heater Maintenance in McKinney, TX
Do you have questions about heater maintenance in McKinney, TX? Give us a call today to find out the answers easily and quickly or to inquire about our other reliable HVAC services. You can also find our replies to a few common questions in our FAQ section below.
Is McKinney Heater Maintenance Really Worth It?
Absolutely! Aside from the obvious advantage of never having to deal with an unexpected breakdown or major malfunction that could leave you and your family out in the cold, there are some great reasons to invest in heater maintenance in McKinney, TX. Your household can benefit from regular maintenance services in the following ways:
- Improved Energy Efficiency: Out of all the things in your house that contribute to energy consumption, your HVAC system needs to use the most fuel to keep your building at a comfortable temperature all year round. And, if you have a gas-powered traditional water heater or tankless water heater, you’ll also notice increased efficiency. Naturally, that fuel usage increases the amount you have to pay on your energy bills. But when your system is in bad shape because it hasn't gotten adequate McKinney heater maintenance, it becomes less efficient and uses significantly more fuel. Tune-ups will get it back to a more energy efficient state so you can pay less on your utility bills.
- Extend Unit’s Life Expectancy: Whether it’s a furnace maintenance service or a heat pump check-up, keeping a proper maintenance schedule will extend your heater’s lifespan. Furthermore, it will always meet your comfort requirements and protect you from costly repair bills.
- Better Indoor Air Quality: When you've got a dirty furnace filter or dirty air ducts, all those allergens and airborne particulates get sprayed around your house by your forced-air heating system. Cleaning out the ducts and changing the filter will go a long way toward improving air quality and reducing allergy suffering.
How Do I Know If I Need Heater Maintenance in McKinney, TX?
If your heating system hasn't had professional service in well over a year, that's the surest sign that it needs heater maintenance in McKinney, TX. But there are also some other warning signs that indicate it's been too long since the last heater maintenance appointment, such as:
- Insufficient Heating: If your heater seems to be struggling to get your house to the temperature you have chosen on your thermostat during cold weather, that is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed—and it can be prevented in the future with regular heater maintenance in McKinney, TX.
- Pilot Flame Isn't Blue: The burner flame for a gas-powered furnace should be mostly blue, with a few licks of orange or yellow here and there. If the flame color appears to be mostly yellow, orange, red, green or another color, that means you have a dirty pilot burner that needs to be cleaned.
- Strange Sounds: Your heater will normally make a quiet humming noise when it is turned on (unless it's a boiler, which should be operating silently for the most part). If you hear banging, rattling, grinding or other odd noises coming from heat registers or the heating unit itself, it's an indication that your heater system needs maintenance.
- Excessive Dust: If you dust and clean your house regularly but there's always dust on surfaces, or you can see motes of dust floating in the air, that is a sign that your air filter is dirty and is compromising your indoor air quality. It needs to be changed, which is one of the tasks we cover during an annual tune-up.
- Foul Odors: If you smell strange odors coming from your air ducts, such as burning plastic, turn your heater off right away and call our team, as it could indicate an electrical failure. If the smell is more of a rotting or musty odor, it could be caused by mold growth or a pest infestation in the ducts.
What Time of Year Should I Schedule Heater Maintenance?
When it comes to McKinney heater maintenance, it's best to try to have it taken care of in autumn, before the cold season really sets in. Basically, you want to make sure it's done before you have to turn your heating on for the first time in the fall to ensure everything is in excellent shape for winter. That way, you can rest assured your heater is ready and capable of handling the high demand for heating during the colder months.
How Can I Help My System Operate Efficiently Between Annual Tune-Ups?
One simple maintenance step that anyone can do, but many people neglect, is changing the filter on schedule. Not only will this help your system run more efficiently, so it doesn't need to use as much energy, it will also improve your indoor air quality and reduce wear and tear damage. How often you need to change it is going to vary based on the thickness of the filter, so check the manufacturers' instructions to find out how frequently it should be done (usually at three, six, nine or 12-month intervals).
Is It Time for Heater Maintenance in McKinney, TX? Count on Your Local HVAC Experts!
Ready for your annual maintenance? If you live in McKinney or part of the surrounding area, such as Allen, Princeton or Lowry Crossing, the professionals at Aire Serv of McKinney are ready and willing to help with heater maintenance and other types of HVAC service.
Get in touch with our knowledgeable customer service staff to schedule a service appointment or find out more about what we can do for your residential or commercial HVAC system to improve comfort and reduce heating and cooling costs.